2016 Match Madness - 64 Wrestler Best of the Best - Sweet Sixteen voting now!

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

2016 Match Madness - 64 Wrestler Best of the Best - Sweet Sixteen voting now!

Post by Rob McCarron » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:55 am

In celebration of the NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball tournament, commonly referred to as March Madness, we here at Voices of Wrestling thought it might be fun to have a tournament of our own – Match Madness.

We're introducing Match Madness, a 64 Wrestler single elimination tournament – Featuring YOUR VOTES determining the winners of every match.

We've created a bracket featuring 64 wrestlers spread out into four groups, and the tournament in full will debut on Tuesday, March 16.

For each match, each round, voting will be head in this sub-forum on the VOW Forums. Vote early! Each match will have its own voting thread, where you can discuss the matchups. This thread will serve as a discussion thread for the entire tournament as a whole.

We hope you have fun with it! Help us out by sharing the tournament with others - the more votes, the better the tournament. Thanks!

Questions, comments, thoughts? Comment in this tread! We hope you enjoy the tournament!

Intro to VOW Match Madness: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... ournament/[/url]
Full Brackets: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/ ... f=48&t=990
Right Now: Voting is underway for the Sweet Sixteen: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/ ... m.php?f=48
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Re: 2016 Match Madness - 64 Wrestler Best of the Best - Round 1 Voting Now!

Post by Rob McCarron » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Round 1 has begun, with voting open for the Ric Flair (North America) Region! http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/ ... m.php?f=48
Shake Them Ropes

wac

Post by wac » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:11 pm

What exactly is the criteria we're voting on? Best overall wrestler at this very moment in time?

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Yes, who you think is best. Whatever criteria you want - WHO IS BETTER. My advice for this one, all, is don't think too hard. We're having fun here.
Shake Them Ropes

cherrylimeaid

Post by cherrylimeaid » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:21 am

Don't know if there will be room for this or not Rob, but a topic to discuss the tournament in general. I think someone brought up that we would be able to discuss who was snubbed. What matchups would we actually like to see. Discuss the inclusion of factions or tag teams vs single wrestlers and who was helped or hurt being in a faction. What loser are you the proudest you voted for? Did anybody research anybody before voting (I'm happy I got to research Madison Eagles some) . Who got the worst placement in the seeding? What was the toughest match to pick. Etc....etc.....

BITW3589

Post by BITW3589 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:13 pm

When will we know who advances to the round of 32?

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:05 am

cherrylimeaid wrote:Don't know if there will be room for this or not Rob, but a topic to discuss the tournament in general. I think someone brought up that we would be able to discuss who was snubbed. What matchups would we actually like to see. Discuss the inclusion of factions or tag teams vs single wrestlers and who was helped or hurt being in a faction. What loser are you the proudest you voted for? Did anybody research anybody before voting (I'm happy I got to research Madison Eagles some) . Who got the worst placement in the seeding? What was the toughest match to pick. Etc....etc.....
You can discuss all that in this thread! Feel free of course

The Round of 64 voting ends Monday night, with voting beginning for Round of 32 on Tuesday!
Shake Them Ropes

cherrylimeaid

Post by cherrylimeaid » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Well I'll try a few smaller posts and see if anybody jumps on any topics discussing them here then.

For me I don't follow all the indies at all so a few people I have to admit I'm not familiar with so I wont' mention those. I do have to thank the participant selector for putting in Madison Eagles. When I first read the name I thought it was going to be tag team out of Wisconsin. Seeing her work I was wowed.

So outside the people I don't know the person that made it in that has me scratching my head and asking WHY? Is Baron Corbin. Now I know he is in NXT, gets a lot of exposure there, and with the people listed I honestly can't think of a man whose status is higher in NXT. Still he would have been a cut off point. Maybe add another tag team like to remain in NXT either the Revival champs or Enzo and Cass. Or ROH War Machine. Moose? (Although I think he was on the list to be voted in) No big deal he'll be gone first round so all is right with the world.

Suppose that is my.... Thank you for including, Who should have been left out, and Who should have been added posts.

DETROIT_KEJB

Re: 2016 Match Madness - 64 Wrestler Best of the Best - Sweet Sixteen voting now!

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:21 pm

Moving along...