Sweet Sixteen - [1] Kazuchika Okada vs [13] Young Bucks

Post by Rob McCarron » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:56 am

[1] Kazuchika Okada vs [13] Young Bucks
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

John The Drummer

Re: Sweet Sixteen - [1] Kazuchika Okada vs [13] Young Bucks

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:58 am

Young Bucks all the way for me. I know they get tons of heat because they're "annoying" and "spot monkeys" and blah blah blah, but they're entertaining, they're fun to watch, they play their "annoying" gimmick perfectly, and they just have "IT" that many wrestlers don't.

Plus, they are a TAG TEAM. They work with each other, they have tag team moves. Many teams these days (at least in the "big leagues") just feel like two dudes throw together, the Bucks (being brothers of course) work off of each other and work as a team to win.

Okada is great, love everything I've seen him in, but Bucks for me.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:42 pm

John The Drummer wrote:Young Bucks all the way for me. I know they get tons of heat because they're "annoying" and "spot monkeys" and blah blah blah, but they're entertaining, they're fun to watch, they play their "annoying" gimmick perfectly, and they just have "IT" that many wrestlers don't.

Plus, they are a TAG TEAM. They work with each other, they have tag team moves. Many teams these days (at least in the "big leagues") just feel like two dudes throw together, the Bucks (being brothers of course) work off of each other and work as a team to win.

How are they "entertaining " ?
Who's Rob Viper ?

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
John The Drummer wrote:Young Bucks all the way for me. I know they get tons of heat because they're "annoying" and "spot monkeys" and blah blah blah, but they're entertaining, they're fun to watch, they play their "annoying" gimmick perfectly, and they just have "IT" that many wrestlers don't.

How are they "entertaining " ?
I honestly can't understand how they aren't entertaining *shrug* . They're fun, I get that they overdo a lot of stuff, but I am always stuck on the TV when they're on the screen. Watching their documentary that Highspots put out made me respect them that much more for all they do. They know what people think of them, but they're just having fun and enjoying the business.

spiffie
VOW Staff Member

Post by spiffie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Did not expect such a lopsided match here. Figured the Bucks had enough juice to at least make a fight of it, between awesome tweets and insane matches. Especially since Okada has seemingly been out of mind a lot the last few months. Probably just which parts of the bubble I choose to hang out causing my impressions.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:32 pm

The Bucks are among my favorite teams in wrestling but Okada is the man. I, too, am shocked at how far ahead he is but it's well deserved.