December (Nominations)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

December (Nominations)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:59 pm

We'll launch official nominations either later today or tomorrow but in the meantime, what's on your shortlist? What should people check out before they send in their nominations. Let's hear 'em!

Callum_Leslie

Re: December (Nominations)

Post by Callum_Leslie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Tommaso Ciampa vs Zack Sabre Jr 2 from PROGRESS Chapter 24, called "a work of art" by former WWE writer Alex Greenfield. Just a masterclass in high concept psychology and believable offence.

IIDXias

Post by IIDXias » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:02 pm

Hajime Ohara vs. Kenoh- NOAH Destiny
YAMATO/Doi vs. Gamma/Punch- DG Final Gate
Bushi vs. Máscara Dorada- NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome

That's just off the top of my head but yeah those three stand out to me.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:03 pm

I haven't watched it yet, but Chip Day v. Cedric Alexander from AWE 12/27 "Show of the Year" show is up on YouTube, and live reports have it as an excellent match.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:10 pm

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor. Balor hadn't done much for me in a while and Joe in NXT up to that point had done zero for me in ring wise.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Callum_Leslie wrote:Tommaso Ciampa vs Zack Sabre Jr 2 from PROGRESS Chapter 24, called "a work of art" by former WWE writer Alex Greenfield. Just a masterclass in high concept psychology and believable offence.
This and I really enjoyed the story telling of the main event (Will Osprey Vs. Zach Gibson Vs. Flash Morgan Webster). I got soo invested in that match by that finishing stretch.

Still haven't watched Noah Destiny, Road to Tokyo Dome or Final Gate but so far those two matches and Styles Vs. Lethal are at the top of my list.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:15 pm

You guys are the first I've heard (I don't count Greenfield whose opinion holds no weight with me) be high on the ZSJ/Ciampa match. Most of the feedback I've gotten is that it was terrible for the most part, with a hot end run. Best praise I've heard is that it was okay, but incredibly flawed. And that's coming from people who usually think the exact opposite of me when it comes to wrestling,

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:35 pm

MATT CAGE VS. SHANE MERCER FROM THE TPI!!!!

Seriously this match is so good. I really hope people watch it. It has it all. Incredible selling, fantastic drama, innovative offense and great psychology. One of the best US Indy matches this year.

I'm also nominating Okabayashi vs Kamitani for sure. Not sure what will take my third spot.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Nominations are now live at http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/1 ... minations/. With the holidays, WK and a bunch of other stuff going on in the next week we're going to move quickly this month so get your nominations in before tomorrow.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Nominations are now live at http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/1 ... minations/. With the holidays, WK and a bunch of other stuff going on in the next week we're going to move quickly this month so get your nominations in before tomorrow.
The page says nominations are open until January 31st. I assume you mean December 31st?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:58 pm

Correct.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:36 am

The Hulkamatt/SomethingAwful list:
MOTY

Dragon Lee vs. Kamaitachi – 12/04 CMLL
Brahman Kei, Brahman Shu, Master ET, The Great Sasuke & Ultraman Robin vs. C3PO-1, Darth Vader GAINA, R2D2-2, Superman Kinya & Yoda Taro – 12/10 M-PRO
Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly – 12/18 ROH Final Battle
Jay Lethal vs. AJ Styles – 12/18 ROH Final Battle

HM

Lio Rush vs. Joey Janela – 12/11 CZW Cage of Death XVII
Danny Havoc vs. Ricky Shane Page – 12/11 CZW Cage of Death XVII
Sami Callihan vs. David Starr – 12/11 CZW Cage of Death XVII
Matt Tremont vs. AR Fox vs. Devon Moore vs. MASADA – 12/11 CZW Cage of Death XVII
Big E & Kofi Kingston vs. Kalisto & Sin Cara vs. Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso – 12/13 WWE Tables, Ladders, & Chairs
Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns – 12/13 WWE Tables, Ladders, & Chairs
Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns – 12/14 WWE RAW
Asuka vs. Emma – 12/16 NXT Takeover: London
Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson vs. Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady – 12/16 NXT Takeover: London
Bayley vs. Nia Jax – 12/16 NXT Takeover: London
Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe – 12/16 NXT Takeover: London
Michael Elgin vs. Moose – 12/18 ROH Final Battle
Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Fish – 12/18 ROH Final Battle
Roderick Strong, Moose, Matt Jackson, Mark Briscoe & Cedric Alexander vs. Jay Lethal, Cheeseburger, Cliff Compton, Jay Briscoe & Adam Page – 12/20 ROH TV
Jason Jordan & Chad Gable vs. Aiden English & Simon Gotch vs. Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley vs. Blake & Murphy – 12/23 WWE NXT
Naruki Doi & YAMATO vs. GAMMA & Punch Tominga – 12/27 Dragon Gate: THE FINAL GATE 2015

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Yeah jeez I may have to nominate the Brahmans match. It had a room full of non-wrestling fans losing their shit. Incredibly entertaining stuff.

Callum_Leslie

Post by Callum_Leslie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:43 am

BillThompson wrote:You guys are the first I've heard (I don't count Greenfield whose opinion holds no weight with me) be high on the ZSJ/Ciampa match. Most of the feedback I've gotten is that it was terrible for the most part, with a hot end run. Best praise I've heard is that it was okay, but incredibly flawed. And that's coming from people who usually think the exact opposite of me when it comes to wrestling,
Well, it was voted #2 MOTY by the PROGRESS fans.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Callum_Leslie wrote:
BillThompson wrote:You guys are the first I've heard (I don't count Greenfield whose opinion holds no weight with me) be high on the ZSJ/Ciampa match. Most of the feedback I've gotten is that it was terrible for the most part, with a hot end run. Best praise I've heard is that it was okay, but incredibly flawed. And that's coming from people who usually think the exact opposite of me when it comes to wrestling,
Well, it was voted #2 MOTY by the PROGRESS fans.
Yeah, but PROGRESS fans are right up there with NXT fans when it comes to seeing their promotion through entirely rose colored glasses.