2016 Rookie Tracking

Alan4L

Re: 2016 Rookie Tracking

Post by Alan4L » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:32 pm

BlizzardAcolyte wrote:K-DOJO has several rookies going now, and debuted Ayato Yoshida & Dinosaur Takuma just last night, but K-DOJO is so pitifully small as a promotion I'll leave it to you guys to decide whether or not to include them.
man, Ayato Yoshida looked good!!

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:08 pm

pol

Post by pol » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:07 am

NOAH young boy Kaito Kiyomiya will debut vs. Hitoshi Kumano on the 12/9 show.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:12 am

Keep them coming, brothers & sisters. I'll update the first post every few months.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Two NJPW Young Lions will be making their debut the show before Wrestle Kingdom. KANEMITSU TERUAKI and KAWATO HIRAI.

http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/card.php?e=1089

themib

Post by themib » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:09 pm

I think Rachael Ellering should be considered - Cagematch has her first match as on November 28th 2015, she made her SHINE debut on April 15th 2016. Very heavily touted, and showing promising signs really early on.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:26 pm

I'll be updating the first post of this thread with the suggested names sometime this week, so this is a bump and a call to keep them coming.

Thanks!

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:41 pm

How about this Takuya Nomura kid from BJW, he's looking awesome.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:03 pm

Takuya Nomura is incredible right now. But i'm not sure if he's 2017.

JML

Post by JML » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Went through this thread and was shocked that nobody mentioned Jungle Kyona and Chihiro Hashimoto.

Jungle Kyona debuted for STARDOM on November 11, 2015 and was the promotion's Rookie of the Year for 2015 with two months of ring time.

Chihiro Hashimoto debuted for SENDAI Girls on October 11, 2015 and won Tokyo Sports Rookie of the Year for 2015. Kevin Wilson wrote about her on his site with some matches to watch.

http://joshicity.com/chihiro-hashimoto- ... spotlight/

Legit amateur wrestling background and competed in a lot of world championships against some of the names I saw pop up during the Olympics like Dorothy Yeats. I don't know if she would've made the Olympics if she stuck with amateur wrestling but she's a beast and so is Jungle.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:14 pm

The three Dragon Gate rookies look excellent so far. Everyone is buzzing about Futa Nakamura being Shingo re-incarnate but Hyou Watanabe, the one with yellow shoes, has been great on the three matches that have made tape so far. I'm not usually into keeping track of rookies but Hyou really stood out to me.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Just for completion Yu Iizuka from HEAT UP debuted on 21/07.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Statoke wrote:Just for completion Yu Iizuka from HEAT UP debuted on 21/07.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thanks.

I know I'm missing a bunch of NXT people.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:13 pm

I can't do this post without my annual complaints that
- this award is dumbly designed
- the refusal by Dave to actually clear up the award is annoying
- this award produces the dumbest results
- we should all probably stop voting in this award

In my head, CMLL, AAA and Elite are the only "full time" promotions in Mexico, and that's only for people who work the Mexico City part of CMLL. If you're around in IWRG forever, or just generally in the indies forever, it's tough for me to consider you a rookie, but I don't think anyone else is full time.

Actual serious candidates who *might* be worthy of consideration
CMLL
- Johnny Idol (from New Zealand, started with CMLL this year)
- Sanely (started wrestling last year, debuted in CMLL this year)
- Cuatrero (joined CMLL full time at the end of 2015, had been wrestling in the Guadalajara branch off and on since 2014, started wrestling in 2012)
- Sansón (see above - Sansón is the older brother, and they've come in as a team)

ELITE
- El Bandido (started with both CMLL & Elite this June, made slight appearances in Santo's group previously, started wrestling in 2011 as Magnifico II locally in Torreon.)
- Último Ninja (appeared sporadically for Elite this year, started appearing on the super indies last year, started wrestling at the end of 2012 and was a regular on local Monterrey TV since mid 2014)

(there's no one from AAA who's a serious candidate, which is one of the problems AAA is having.)

Cuatrero, Sanson and Bandido are not simply genuine prospects, but people who should be major parts of whatever promotion they're working for in the next few years. Bandido is a innovative high flyer, and Cuatrero & Sanson are the tall sons of Cien Caras who are destroying CMLL undercard tecnicos with cool double teams. Neither Elite or CMLL has given them much to do, but you can see they have something just in the random trios matches. You should seek those three out if you're into this awards.

Idol & Sanely are at best OK. Sanely's probably going to be the new Estrellita, but her work isn't great yeat. Ultimo Ninja is quite good, but might not be eligible.

People who might be considered rookies, but aren't going to get a single vote so let's just run thru them quick: Xandåo, Magia Blanca, Rocky Casas, Forastero (might actually be good but barely on tape), Templario, Ciclón Ramírez Jr. (actually started to get better), Tanque Infernal, Luzbel, Hijo del Octagon/Marabunta Jr., La Pantera (female one)

People who no one in Mexico would consider rookies (maybe revelations/new stars), could be argued as backdooring their way into eligibility, but probably also not going to get votes: Keira, Lady Maravilla, Hijo del Ninja, Gotita de Plata (sorry), Big Mami, Dave the Clown, Rotten Clown, Bugambilia, Metaleon (is very good, but too much IWRG), Emperador Azteca (less version of the same)

CMLL people who were introduced, had about two matches, disappeared off the face off the Earth, and should be held over for another year: Warrior Steel, Yago, Grako/Drako, Retro, Fiero (is good), Mr. Mexico Jr., Black Scorpio, Maquiavelo, Coyote, La Metalica (hasn't disappeared yet, but debuted just two weeks ago)

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:37 pm

I need to see DAVE THE CLOWN