Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

User avatar
syxxpakk
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:07 am

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Not even debatable. The Revival.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

User avatar
Empiresk
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Empiresk » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:07 pm

The Bucks have been shit hot all year but The Revival have over-delivered in every big match they have had. Too close to call at the minute for me.

User avatar
VilinskiKonjic
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Top ones for me:

The Revival
Heroes Eventually Die
Death By Elbow
Da Hit Squad
Big R Shimizu & T-Hawk


Expecting British Strong Style (Pete Dunne and Trent Seven) and the SPPT (TK Cooper and Travis Banks) to be the best teams in the UK next year if they don't get split up. Quite surprised that I've ended up with no UK teams near the top of my list but I think next year will change that.

User avatar
Morten VH
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:11 pm
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Morten VH » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Check out Strong BJ's incredible double performance on the 10/31 BJW show. Their entire tag league run definitely solidifed them as a solid candidate too. All 5 matches they had we're incredible. Tag title run in AJPW has been good too.

User avatar
Rainmaker_F7
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:47 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:47 pm

1. Young Bucks (ROH, PWG, NJPW)

2. Revival (WWE NXT)

3. Strong BJ (BJW & AJPW) OR Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora (Dragon Gate)

User avatar
mlev76
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:32 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Not to be purposefully contrarian, and I will still vote for them, but if Revival wins, they will have done so probably with the least amount of televised/big matches that I can remember.

According to Cagematch, between NXT weekly TV, Takeovers and their one Main Roster appearance, they've appeared in 12 televised tag team matches.

Between their Takeover matches with AA and DIY, they've put up four of my favorite matches of the year and the two DIY matches are both in my top 10, so I'm not exactly going to disqualify them for that, but it is something to consider.

User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2173
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:09 pm

mlev76 wrote:Not to be purposefully contrarian, and I will still vote for them, but if Revival wins, they will have done so probably with the least amount of televised/big matches that I can remember.

According to Cagematch, between NXT weekly TV, Takeovers and their one Main Roster appearance, they've appeared in 12 televised tag team matches.

Between their Takeover matches with AA and DIY, they've put up four of my favorite matches of the year and the two DIY matches are both in my top 10, so I'm not exactly going to disqualify them for that, but it is something to consider.
It is something that does give me reservations. They'll win because of their top-tier featured matches which is a question in of itself. Are you voting for high-level output (of which Revival has absolutely produced) or diversity of opponents, pure quantity of + work... it's a good question. They ARE a great choice but there are definitely questions about the bulk of their resume.

User avatar
mrjoshdude
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by mrjoshdude » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:14 pm

Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn, case closed.

User avatar
Statoke
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:55 am
Location: Chester, England

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Statoke » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:17 pm

1. Yokosuka Ichoume
2. BIG GUNS
3. GINGIN♂BOYZ
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

User avatar
Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:28 am

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
mlev76 wrote:Not to be purposefully contrarian, and I will still vote for them, but if Revival wins, they will have done so probably with the least amount of televised/big matches that I can remember.

According to Cagematch, between NXT weekly TV, Takeovers and their one Main Roster appearance, they've appeared in 12 televised tag team matches.

Between their Takeover matches with AA and DIY, they've put up four of my favorite matches of the year and the two DIY matches are both in my top 10, so I'm not exactly going to disqualify them for that, but it is something to consider.
It is something that does give me reservations. They'll win because of their top-tier featured matches which is a question in of itself. Are you voting for high-level output (of which Revival has absolutely produced) or diversity of opponents, pure quantity of + work... it's a good question. They ARE a great choice but there are definitely questions about the bulk of their resume.
It's not like the Bucks are on TV week in and week out, and Japanese teams even less so.

I hear this argument every year, and it seems American teams are penalized for not being on TV more, when it does nothing but hurt their case given the state of American episodic wrestling.

User avatar
mlev76
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:32 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:
mlev76 wrote:Not to be purposefully contrarian, and I will still vote for them, but if Revival wins, they will have done so probably with the least amount of televised/big matches that I can remember.

According to Cagematch, between NXT weekly TV, Takeovers and their one Main Roster appearance, they've appeared in 12 televised tag team matches.

Between their Takeover matches with AA and DIY, they've put up four of my favorite matches of the year and the two DIY matches are both in my top 10, so I'm not exactly going to disqualify them for that, but it is something to consider.
It is something that does give me reservations. They'll win because of their top-tier featured matches which is a question in of itself. Are you voting for high-level output (of which Revival has absolutely produced) or diversity of opponents, pure quantity of + work... it's a good question. They ARE a great choice but there are definitely questions about the bulk of their resume.
It's not like the Bucks are on TV week in and week out, and Japanese teams even less so.

I hear this argument every year, and it seems American teams are penalized for not being on TV more, when it does nothing but hurt their case given the state of American episodic wrestling.
That's a fair point. For the sake of stats, the Bucks also had 12 televised tag matches between ROH and NJPW if you count only ROH on Sinclair, ROH PPVs and NJPW big shows. They had a lot of televised six man matches and tag matches on Road to.. shows for New Japan.

User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2173
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:51 pm

mrjoshdude wrote:Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn, case closed.
This is the only real answer.

User avatar
ayaashm
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am
Location: Kashmir
Contact:

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by ayaashm » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:34 pm

I have so far :
1. Jimmy Kagetora & Jimmy Susumu '
2. Strong BJ
3. Twin Towers
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

User avatar
itsberlo
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by itsberlo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:38 pm

1a. The Revival
1b. The Young Bucks
3. Strong BJ

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:36 pm

They won't make my top three, but I really enjoyed South Pacific Power Trip all year long, and that includes Dahlia Black as part of the package.

Post Reply