Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

syxxpakk

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Not even debatable. The Revival.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:07 pm

The Bucks have been shit hot all year but The Revival have over-delivered in every big match they have had. Too close to call at the minute for me.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Top ones for me:

The Revival
Heroes Eventually Die
Death By Elbow
Da Hit Squad
Big R Shimizu & T-Hawk

Expecting British Strong Style (Pete Dunne and Trent Seven) and the SPPT (TK Cooper and Travis Banks) to be the best teams in the UK next year if they don't get split up. Quite surprised that I've ended up with no UK teams near the top of my list but I think next year will change that.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Check out Strong BJ's incredible double performance on the 10/31 BJW show. Their entire tag league run definitely solidifed them as a solid candidate too. All 5 matches they had we're incredible. Tag title run in AJPW has been good too.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:47 pm

1. Young Bucks (ROH, PWG, NJPW)

2. Revival (WWE NXT)

3. Strong BJ (BJW & AJPW) OR Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora (Dragon Gate)

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Not to be purposefully contrarian, and I will still vote for them, but if Revival wins, they will have done so probably with the least amount of televised/big matches that I can remember.

According to Cagematch, between NXT weekly TV, Takeovers and their one Main Roster appearance, they've appeared in 12 televised tag team matches.

Between their Takeover matches with AA and DIY, they've put up four of my favorite matches of the year and the two DIY matches are both in my top 10, so I'm not exactly going to disqualify them for that, but it is something to consider.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:09 pm

mlev76 wrote:Not to be purposefully contrarian, and I will still vote for them, but if Revival wins, they will have done so probably with the least amount of televised/big matches that I can remember.

According to Cagematch, between NXT weekly TV, Takeovers and their one Main Roster appearance, they've appeared in 12 televised tag team matches.

Between their Takeover matches with AA and DIY, they've put up four of my favorite matches of the year and the two DIY matches are both in my top 10, so I'm not exactly going to disqualify them for that, but it is something to consider.
It is something that does give me reservations. They'll win because of their top-tier featured matches which is a question in of itself. Are you voting for high-level output (of which Revival has absolutely produced) or diversity of opponents, pure quantity of + work... it's a good question. They ARE a great choice but there are definitely questions about the bulk of their resume.

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:14 pm

Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn, case closed.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:17 pm

1. Yokosuka Ichoume
2. BIG GUNS
3. GINGIN♂BOYZ
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
mlev76 wrote:Not to be purposefully contrarian, and I will still vote for them, but if Revival wins, they will have done so probably with the least amount of televised/big matches that I can remember.

It is something that does give me reservations. They'll win because of their top-tier featured matches which is a question in of itself. Are you voting for high-level output (of which Revival has absolutely produced) or diversity of opponents, pure quantity of + work... it's a good question. They ARE a great choice but there are definitely questions about the bulk of their resume.
It's not like the Bucks are on TV week in and week out, and Japanese teams even less so.

I hear this argument every year, and it seems American teams are penalized for not being on TV more, when it does nothing but hurt their case given the state of American episodic wrestling.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:

It's not like the Bucks are on TV week in and week out, and Japanese teams even less so.

I hear this argument every year, and it seems American teams are penalized for not being on TV more, when it does nothing but hurt their case given the state of American episodic wrestling.
That's a fair point. For the sake of stats, the Bucks also had 12 televised tag matches between ROH and NJPW if you count only ROH on Sinclair, ROH PPVs and NJPW big shows. They had a lot of televised six man matches and tag matches on Road to.. shows for New Japan.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:51 pm

mrjoshdude wrote:Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn, case closed.
This is the only real answer.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:34 pm

I have so far :
1. Jimmy Kagetora & Jimmy Susumu '
2. Strong BJ
3. Twin Towers
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:38 pm

1a. The Revival
1b. The Young Bucks
3. Strong BJ

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:36 pm

They won't make my top three, but I really enjoyed South Pacific Power Trip all year long, and that includes Dahlia Black as part of the package.