Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

BlizzardAcolyte

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:55 pm

strikamura wrote:Kenoh & Ohara
Bingo, they are one of only four teams whose matches I've gone out of my way to hunt down so far this year (just a great dynamic), and the other three are hampered by extenuating circumstances:
- Best Friends (the joshi version, not the U.S. indies version) make tape a lot less
- Hunting down #TVReady's stuff was part of a project, and though they were the impetus for said project, they themselves were not the draw of that project
- The Shining Stars simply don't have the volume of work necessary to be considered (yet)

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Strong BJ and BIG GUNS are in the running.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:22 pm

As Alan mentioned, Ohara and Kenou are really great. I have only seen 3-4 matches they had this year and their work always stands out on those NOAH shows.

Even though Juniors booking in NJPW is shit, I always enjoy Sydal and Ricochet. They also had 2 matches in PWG and I had them both at **** 1/2. They are just so good. You always have to consider Young Bucks as well. reDRagon and Strong BJ are not doing as much as in previous years this year.

I am probably Revival's biggest fan in the world, those guys are just something special and that kind of heel work is something I really miss in wrestling nowadays. AA are an amazing tag team as well.

So my top 3 would be:

1. Sydal and Ricochet
2. Revival
3. Ohara and Kenou

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:15 pm

American Alpha for sure.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:49 pm

"Jumpin' " Jack Swagger & "Mean" Mark Henry
Who's Rob Viper ?

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:50 am

Just watched the 2/3 falls match. Honestly both teams are so amazing. Revival or American Alpha, don't care which.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

JML

Post by JML » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:23 pm

I don't have a clear tag team of the year but the ones that have stood out in the Observer calendar year are American Alpha, the Revival, Best Friends (Joshi), Thunder Rock plus Sydal & Ricochet. I really like Strong BJ but haven't watched enough.

wac

Post by wac » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Sydal and Ricochet might be my #1 just because of the volume of great matches they've had - they're also in my tag team match of the year against Death By Elbow in PWG. It's tough for me to put American Alpha or The Revival on my list because of the nature of NXT - American Alpha is one of my favorite teams to watch right now, but they've only had 15 televised matches during the Observer calendar, and some of those have been squashes. I think they've had five 10+ minute matches, and two of those matches have made my MOTY tracker.

I need to watch more Kenoh and Ohara and Strong BJ stuff from this year.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:24 am

Seriously no one comes even close to the Revival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:51 am

The Revival had their match of the year without American Alpha, so I have to put them in my top slot.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:06 pm

I'm on board with The Revival too as #1 so far this year, but i can't say it's "by far" when you have Strong BJ having a great tag title run in All Japan and the NOAH jr. teams having excellent matches night in and night out.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:45 pm

It's gotta be the Revival.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Revival have this sealed up after Alpha's real dud to start their Smackdown run. I mean, they've been okay, but it's been very odd booking.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:59 pm

It's still probably The Revival's year, but The Young Bucks have had a hell of a 2nd half of 2016. They've gotta be in the conversation, even if they fall short.

They've had a hot streak going that, in HOF season, makes me think about their own future HOF candidacy.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:00 am

boring pick, but the Bucks have made an incredible late push for this. They've been on fire recently.