Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Mike

Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:39 am

So that tag match on NXT last night just really fired me up big time. I want to see more, but I also can't wait for Gable and Jordan moved up to work with the main guys.

Revival and American Alpha both figured to be highly placed this year. I may say the Revival gets the edge. Joe Gagne with a great tweet too-

Bucks being out for a bit I don't see hurting them too much.

Ricochet/Sydal, RPG Vice, and New Day are great too.

abrasiveobelisksa

Re: Your TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR so far?

Post by abrasiveobelisksa » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:22 pm

1. Revival
2. American Alpha
3. Briscoes/Gargano & Ciampa

No other US tag team comes close.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Right now American Alpha, Revival and New Day are at the top of that list. I think if we saw more of Hero & End they would be high on my list because I'm all into them as a tag team and loved their work during the Evolve tournament. Sydal & Ricochet are easily high on the list as well.

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:41 pm

With their two PWG matches from March, the ZSJ/Scurll match from RevPro, and all their New Japan matches, Ricochet and Sydal are an easy pick for me. Have also really liked American Alpha, The Revival, Daisuke Harada and Atsushi Kotoge, Big R and T-Hawk, and of course Gargano and Ciampa.

ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap

Post by ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:55 pm

dylanjstx wrote:With their two PWG matches from March, the ZSJ/Scurll match from RevPro, and all their New Japan matches, Ricochet and Sydal are an easy pick for me. Have also really liked American Alpha, The Revival, Daisuke Harada and Atsushi Kotoge, Big R and T-Hawk, and of course Gargano and Ciampa.
Pls rec some Kotoge/Harada matches.

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Alpha and the Revival feud make them stand out beyond others.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:35 pm

3. Heroes Eventually Die
2. Revival
1. American Alpha

New Day still entertain me but the only good match I can remember was against Styles/Jericho.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:59 pm

1 Super High Flyers
2 The Revival
3 American Alpha

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:03 pm

► Show Spoiler
ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap wrote:
dylanjstx wrote:With their two PWG matches from March, the ZSJ/Scurll match from RevPro, and all their New Japan matches, Ricochet and Sydal are an easy pick for me. Have also really liked American Alpha, The Revival, Daisuke Harada and Atsushi Kotoge, Big R and T-Hawk, and of course Gargano and Ciampa.
Pls rec some Kotoge/Harada matches.
All of them.

1. Revival/American Alpha
2. Revival/American Alpha
3. Kotoge & Harada

The Takeover match was the best tag team match I've seen in many years. One of the best ever. The matches these two teams have remind me of the late 80's JCP era tags with The Fantastics, Midnights, RnRE.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Kenoh & Ohara

ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap

Post by ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:00 pm

strikamura wrote:Kenoh & Ohara
Oh, from Great Voyage Osaka.Just saw it, Great Match indeed with rapid fire action from start to finish. Loved the table spot early, to set u the work on the back. Dead crowd brings it down though. ****

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:35 pm

They're not the sexiest choice, but as far as best at tag team wrestling, it's got to be the Revival.

I love that even though they're the heels and they cheat, it always comes off as them being smarter. I love how creative they are and in particular how creative their cutoff moves are. I love that somehow, all the referee diversion or distraction spots they do seem realistic as opposed to scripted. I love that Dawson in particular does the little things so well. Plus they've probably had the best squash match on NXT all year to go with one of the best actual matches of the year, which probably counts for something.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Not to be the wet blanket here, but I just started trying to think and couldn't come up with any clear answers like I would most years. I decided to check my Tracking list and I'm SHOCKED by how little 2 vs 2 matches feature on my list (in the high end spots). Back in 2007/2008, that thing would be FLOODED with the likes of Briscoes, Steen & Generico, Speed Muscle, Bucks, MCMG, Kings Of Wrestling, KENTA & Ishimori etc etc. Nowadays it's nearly all singles matches.

Anyway with that said I'd probably go with Ohara & Kenou. A couple of great matches and they work so well together.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Alan4L wrote:Not to be the wet blanket here, but I just started trying to think and couldn't come up with any clear answers like I would most years. I decided to check my Tracking list and I'm SHOCKED by how little 2 vs 2 matches feature on my list (in the high end spots). Back in 2007/2008, that thing would be FLOODED with the likes of Briscoes, Steen & Generico, Speed Muscle, Bucks, MCMG, Kings Of Wrestling, KENTA & Ishimori etc etc. Nowadays it's nearly all singles matches.

Anyway with that said I'd probably go with Ohara & Kenou. A couple of great matches and they work so well together.
Alan, where are you on the Revival/AA series? I think it's the best series of matches in ages, reminding me of the heyday of ME/RnRe/Fantastics. I love the hard pace and they never over stay their welcome, peaking and ending just at the right time. This is where I give a slight edge to the NXT teams as compared to the two NOAH teams. I think some of the NOAH junior matches could stand to be a shade shorter.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:52 am

Revival is easily the best team and I say that a guy who loves a lot of other teams. To me its a race for number two between Team IOU who are awesome and completely unique and fun and work a lot of the indies I pay attention too and Gargano and Ciampa who I will honestly almost assuredly vote for number two largely because I view the tag team award as being about more than just quality of matches.