VOW Staff Member

Re: Most Underrated

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:56 pm

I think Luke Harper deserves serious consideration here as well

wac

Post by wac » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Cesaro Memorial Award

Harper and Kalisto are definitely underutilized.

Maybe Tama Tonga? NJPW hasn't given him a singles match over 10 minutes since 2011. He had one singles match in 2015, three in 2014, and one in 2013. He's certainly no Cesaro, but when the Bullet Club member in the G1 include Doc Gallows and Yujiro while he's doing meaningless tags the whole tour, he feels underutilized. I'd at least like to see them give him a shot and see what kind of matches he could have in this year's G1. Nobody's going to miss those Yujiro or Gallows matches.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Kalisto is fine, we really don't need someone who botches a move every other minute being utilized more than he is already,

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:20 am

Mascara Dorada fairly easily.

Cesaro & Harper as the chalk picks.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 pm

DylanWaco wrote:Honestly Wade Barrett is a very solid pick when you consider where he was before the injury
But Wade did have prior injures had already seemingly developed an injury prone image. I personally wouldn't have long term planned around him.

The criteria:
This is given to a wrestler who has performed memorably throughout the year, but hasn't been hyped up by their company, or who has performed mainly on the undercard.
To me Sasha Banks is "only" good at having strong matches when every advantage is given to her to do so. While Cesaro achieved strong performances with a wide range of opponents and no matter what time he was allotted. While Sasha's main roster run has played into the "NXT workers can only have good matches with other NXT workers as they practice endlessly."

Luke Harper is very good but he is two years older than Cesaro and has less marketable look.

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Statoke wrote:Every year Susumu is not Dream Gate champ, he is under pushed.
Susumu's only Dream Gate reign was a dud and he was apart of one of the worst Dream Gate matches ever. Though this is a different topic for a different thread.

After watching London Emma is my choice. She's got it all down right now and she deserves some type of high profile match.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Becky Lynch. She hasn't gotten a chance to run with the ball in either NXT or on the main roster, despite being possibly the best of all the females on their roster. At least top 3 behind Sasha & Asuka. It's a shame she doesn't get featured more as a star.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:45 am

Angry216 wrote:
Statoke wrote:Every year Susumu is not Dream Gate champ, he is under pushed.
Susumu's only Dream Gate reign was a dud and he was apart of one of the worst Dream Gate matches ever. Though this is a different topic for a different thread.

After watching London Emma is my choice. She's got it all down right now and she deserves some type of high profile match.
London was after the voting period though.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:10 pm

I think Emma would be on my ballot for this.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Breeze managed to be so underutilised in WWE that people have completely forgotten he was underutilised in NXT. That deserves a mention.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Runaway pick for Mascara Dorada. One of the best high-fliers in the business, signed to an exclusively New Japan deal, holds a CMLL singles title so of course, he never defends the title, is never in singles matches and only acts as an accessory to multi-man fill out the card matches. Cesaro and Luke Harper have great cases this year but Dorada is so easily my choice, the very definition of underutilized this year.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:23 am

Mascara Dorada, Emma, Cesaro

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:27 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Runaway pick for Mascara Dorada. One of the best high-fliers in the business, signed to an exclusively New Japan deal, holds a CMLL singles title so of course, he never defends the title, is never in singles matches and only acts as an accessory to multi-man fill out the card matches. Cesaro and Luke Harper have great cases this year but Dorada is so easily my choice, the very definition of underutilized this year.
You know what's crazy? I was looking at my notes the other day, and I graded three, THREE of his matches 4-stars plus this year. And no, none were from Fantasticamania, and none of the three were the BUSHI match.

He was in two six man tags that I loved. He still managed to shine despite being treated like TAKA Michinoku was for four years.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Mascara Dorada and Cesaro are to me the two clear runaways.

Emma's relative non-use until this very month really bothered me. Luke Harper is also, clearly the best member of the Wyatt family and yet doesn't get pushed as a monster. Harper's better than Kane or Taker were at this relative point in their careers, but is nowhere near as protected.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:45 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:I think Luke Harper deserves serious consideration here as well
I have Harper as my #1. The guy is fantastic big man worker and has a great look. How they don't see that he's the star, not Bray Wyatt, it mind-boggling.