WrestleMania 33 Weekend (Orlando, FL)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
TGD287

Re: WrestleMania 33 Weekend (Orlando, FL)

Post by TGD287 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:37 pm

WrestleCon renting a second hotel and subleasing it to these promotions (Wrestle Pro, Rev Pro, Wrestling Revolver, CZW) was a great move.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:27 am

Ckkj14 wrote:Will Wrestlecon be streamed live?
Same as last year, plan is it'll be up the day after on the Highspots Network in full. The issue with streaming live is it involves so many headaches & variables that could lead to more headaches... and this is a weekend where there will be enough chaos going on.
mlev76 wrote:Great for fans, but there is only so much time/money people can spend
I usually hestitate to comment on stuff like this because anything I say will be perceived as biased but I'm gonna go ahead this time anyways...

This is definitely an issue. I think this year is where the bubble bursts and everyone realizes exactly how much a WM weekend can support when it comes to piggybacking events. In the case of WrestleCon, the convention always does great and will do great because it attracts from both sets of fans - the casuals & the hardcores. As for the SuperShow, there are very remaining GA tickets left (i.e. get yours soon if you want in!) so that's a non-issue. The women's SuperShow the following day will also do good because there is a certain section of fans that always support the women's shows every year no matter what else is occuring.

On the flip side there's ROH. Originally, way back when (we're talking after last year's Mania), the idea was ROH wasn't even going to run this year. In fact, they were gonna do a show somewhere else in the US that weekend to give their contracted guys exclusive work. So by the time they got their shit together, as much as ROH can get their shit together, they were late to the game & decided to go the exclusionary route by seperating themselves and running Lakeland. To their credit their tickets are going fine by ROH standards... except they are setting up for a much bigger show than usual ROH standards so selling 1200-1500 tickets (*not an actual #*) would typically be great but they are looking for upwards of 4000 to fill that place. And they still perceive their product as being hot enough where fans who come in will rent cars or find transporation to go all the way out to Lakeland to basically devote half their Saturday to this one show whereas I'm finding most fans even if they are interested in ROH think the more bang for your buck is to stay within the general area where everyone else is running and you'll avoid the travel and get to see an afternoon show somewhere, a night show somewhere & an even later night show somewhere. It's gonna be a challenge for ROH and personally I don't think the lineup they've announced is blowing anyone away.

Then you have groups like FWE & WCPW for example. The majority of people aren't even aware these guys are running. In FWE's case, the guy is running 5 shows! 5 SHOWS! Or maybe it's down to 4 now. All I know is the plan is to run at his venue all day. He went to great lengths to steal the venue from Sal & Gabe and for what? I've seen little to no advertising to the hardcore fans. Apparently there's lots of local advertising but drawing the usual 200/300 he'd get for his normal shows aren't gonna pay for the talent rosters he's put together. The ticket pricing is the strangest thing I have ever seen. Off the top of my head I think his women's show is priced at $38, $31 & $24. That's some exact accounting!

There are a couple groups who joined in way late. Joey Janela for example. But the key with Janela and why I think he's doing so well on ticket sales so far is because he's running a late night show. This is a party weekend for most fans traveling. They don't want 11:30pm to hit and go to bed so they can be up early the next day and be fresh. They can do that at home. They want constant events, minimal sleep & an overload of quality and/or fun wrestling. Janela's show hits the mark. Meanwhile you have that Spiff show I mentioned on the last page. That's a combo concert/wrestling show so they really only need to draw a few of the most hardcore wrestling fans since it's being held in a club & the rest will be filled by usual club go-ers. I would have announced it earlier but I don't see them bombing either way.

Last year may have been the peak for WM weekend events, this year looks like the limits are being pushed too far and the bubble will burst. Some people will lose their ass. Some people won't lose their ass but will reassess come New Orleans and perhaps scale back or form strange partnerships to minimize the excess shows. I can almost guarantee you there won't be near as many shows next year as there are this year, if not for any other reason other than you need a promoter's license to run wrestling in NOLA so Chikara(for random example) can't just set up shop and run a show without a connection.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:18 am

I'm more excited for the Janela show than anything else the whole week I'm there.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:00 pm

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Wres ... PDhNNXp2iA

Abit of a convoluted update for people not travelling to Mania weekend and hoping to stream a few shows.

The PROGRESS show looks like will not be in FloSlam, but will be available to watch live/OD on WWN like old school Evolve shows for $15/$20, but PROGRESS will be featured on the WWN Supershow on FloSlam. At least that is one way around getting the WWE UK guys on iPPV over the weekend I imagine...

SHIMMER is also not on FloSlam and on WWNLive only.

Evolve 80 & 81, WWN Supershow, FIP, ACW, Beyond, Joey Janela's Spring Break and Kaiju Big Battle all confirmed to be FloSlam that weekend.

Disappointing about PROGRESS not popping up on FloSlam and having to either pay $20 to watch it or wait possibly well over a week to watch it on their OD service. Still excellent value for one month of Flo considering wXw 16 Carat is coming up this month as well.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Chikara does not appear to streaming at all and the update says the show(s) are live crowd only. Not sure what that means for Chikaratopia.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:31 pm

The first CHIKARA show has UltraMantis Black vs. Grado - surely the match we didn't know we all wanted.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm

mlev76 wrote:Chikara does not appear to streaming at all and the update says the show(s) are live crowd only. Not sure what that means for Chikaratopia.
They've only been streaming live at the Wrestle Factory, and I never expected their Orlando shows to be streamed. Which means, based on current policy, is an initial MP4/VOD/BluRay release, and then going on Chikaratopia 30 days later. They could always put it up earlier, but that's been the official strategy.

For the weekend, while it's not everything for $20, it's still a lot, and a couple good shows (IMO) to tack on.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:47 pm

TGD287 wrote:
mlev76 wrote:Chikara does not appear to streaming at all and the update says the show(s) are live crowd only. Not sure what that means for Chikaratopia.
They've only been streaming live at the Wrestle Factory, and I never expected their Orlando shows to be streamed. Which means, based on current policy, is an initial MP4/VOD/BluRay release, and then going on Chikaratopia 30 days later. They could always put it up earlier, but that's been the official strategy.

For the weekend, while it's not everything for $20, it's still a lot, and a couple good shows (IMO) to tack on.
That's what I assumed, but Gabe's update made it seem like it wouldn't be taped.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:30 pm

A mystery 10 man tag added to the WrestleCon Super Show, with team captains Ricochet and Will Ospreay.

The full card for the Women's Super Show has been announced...

*Su Yung vs. Taya Valkyrie
*Chelsea Green & Taeler Hendrix vs. Gabi Castrovinci & Santana Garrett
*Jazz vs. Kennadi Brink
*Jessicka Havok vs. Kellyanne
*Thunder Rosa vs. Indi Hartwell
*Angel Rose vs. Renee Michelle vs. Samantha Heights vs. Solo Darling
*Deonna Purrazzo vs. Hudson Envy

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:37 pm

mlev76 wrote:
TGD287 wrote:

That's what I assumed, but Gabe's update made it seem like it wouldn't be taped.
Ah. I think Gabe's referring to "streaming that weekend". There's no way I don't see Quack not bringing his cameras down for filming for future release, especially as I sense there'll be a Mantis/Dasher title match in day 2.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:39 am

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Just got my ticket for Evolve 80.

Now all I need are 2 Raw tickets.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Important note for those of you who are looking to attend the ROH show in Lakeland:

themib

Post by themib » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Here's the full PROGRESS roster for March 31st...

*Pete Dunne
*Trent Seven
*Tyler Bate
*Mark Andrews
*Zack Sabre Jr.
*Matt Riddle
*Shane Strickland
*Mark Haskins
*Dahlia Black
*TK Cooper
*Travis Banks
*Toni Storm
*Sami Callihan
*Rockstar Spud
*Jinny
*James Drake
*Jimmy Havoc
Last edited by themib on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Are WXW running that weekend? Otherwise I would love to see Ringkampf. Their match against the SPPT was great.