WrestleMania 33 Weekend (Orlando, FL)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
themib

Re: WrestleMania 33 Weekend (Orlando, FL)

Post by themib » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Ricochet vs. Keith Lee announced for the first EVOLVE show - WOW.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:52 am

GLACIER will be in action at the Joey Janela show!

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:56 am

This:

themib

Post by themib » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:52 am

This amazing video sets up JOEY JANELA vs. MARTY JANNETTY!!!

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:52 am

This might be new or I haven't been paying attention and confused it with Walemania. Either way... ->

Head-to-head with a lot of things. But they are bringing in Demus to work opposite Mascarita which is always good fun. And apparently this will be Rey's only wrestling appearence on the weekend (unless he does something quick at Walemania).
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:34 pm

I'm guessing that's during WrestleCon which is a bummer. I had so much fun watching Rey last year

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Yeah, head-to-head. Maybe they'll start 30 minutes later or so but both shows will be occuring at same time. I also wish Rey would be working somewhere else that weekend so I could go watch but oh well. :/

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:36 am

Observer:
We’ve gotten a lot of word that the satellite events in Orlando pertaining to WrestleMania in most cases are doing disappointing ticket sales numbers. It’s the law of supply and demand and most things did well in San Jose and even better in Dallas, but there were so many different shows, whether wrestling shows, autograph shows and talk shows, and advances are in most cases way down from last year. Some of that is inevitable. There are a lot less seats available for Mania so less people coming to town from the outside for Mania. In addition, because of NXT and other groups, there is a ton of wrestling in the Orlando area all the time, unlike San Jose and Dallas, so there is not anywhere near the demand for independent wrestling, even with the big names. Last year they put in almost 94,000 people at Mania, and this year the Camping World Stadium for Mania would hold 55,000 legit as it’s set up, and can get up to 60,000 if they add temporary seats (which they did in Santa Clara, as actually Santa Clara would have sold out had they not added 5,000 temporary seats and they ended up 3,000 shy of a sellout). Most WrestleMania tickets are sold, but there are a decent number of seats still available in the cheapest and most expensive sections, but few in between. The cheapest seats are $160, far more expensive than in the past, and those are the nosebleeds. They jacked all prices way up to try and make up for the lower number of seats and keep the live gate figure close. However, the secondary market is soft for cheap seats and you can get them for $115. There are 10th and 11th row ringside still available at $2,600 and $3,000 on the primary market. The 4/1 NXT show is sold out and the lowest secondary market price is $79, about half of that of last year. Last year’s NXT show had the highest demand of every show that week due to Shinsuke Nakamura’s debut and smaller building. The Hall of Fame on 3/31 isn’t sold out. Both NXT and the Hall of Fame are set up for about 10,000 people at the Amway Arena. There aren’t a lot of Hall of Fame tickets left, but there are plenty in some sections. The secondary market is down to $29. For Raw, the secondary market price is $89 to get in, but for Smackdown it’s only $24. Both Raw and Smackdown are sold out but what this says is a lot of scalpers expected big demand for Smackdown and the Hall of Fame event that didn’t but there is a good demand for Raw and Mania

themib

Post by themib » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:45 pm

SHIMMER announced their second match for Volume 91 on the Saturday afternoon - Tessa Blanchard and Vanessa Kraven defending the SHIMMER Tag Team Titles against Kay Lee Ray and Mia Yim (the former Jade).

tamaimbo

Post by tamaimbo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Does anyone know if/where the non-Evolve and Beyond shows are streaming? It looks like FloSlam only has Evolve and Beyond out of the More Than Mania shows. I would imagine the Chikara shows would stream on Chikaratopia, SHIMMER says they are streaming on WWNLive.com (which I thought shut down) and I guess PROGRESS might just put up the show on demand?

I'm also assuming the WrestleCon shows are going to go up on HighSpots like last year, although I hope they do it faster than last year when a few matches didn't even go up until the middle of the next week.

Just trying to figure out my streaming schedule as with the volume of shows I want to make sure I know what's happening when.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Floslam lists the Evolve shows, Beyond, WWN Supershow and the Joey Janela show as streaming. No indication of any of the other WWN affiliated shows.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:33 am

tamaimbo wrote:I'm also assuming the WrestleCon shows are going to go up on HighSpots like last year, although I hope they do it faster than last year when a few matches didn't even go up until the middle of the next week.
That's the plan. Problem last year was a corrupt file and all the staff was in Dallas so it couldn't be fixed until certain people got back to the office.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:25 am

Will Wrestlecon be streamed live?

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:32 pm

I see CHIKARA just treating their shows as shows, to get an Mp4 release, and going to Topia in a month. They've only streaming shows from the Wrestle Factory of late, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

WWN doing iPPV for SHIMMER has disaster written on it. Expecting the sign up link to appear with three days notice, and for the $5 more day of gimmick to be in play, which is BS when the pre order time is almost non existent. But whatever. Last year's show delivered, but there's so much turnover and injury, so we'll see.

Glad we're getting several shows for Flo that weekend, so I'll be getting the month.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:49 pm

It seems like the number of events has grown significantly over last year at all levels beyond WWE. Both Wrestlecon and WWN are running more shows this year and there are numerous smaller shows popping up all over Orlando that week (no Impact which is crazy). Dave's analysis about the difference in Mania attendances doesn't seem to make much sense because 1) if it's not completely sold out, then people can still get tickets to the big show; 2) the people going to be a non-WWE show is always gonna be a small subset; and 3) those people are the hardest of the hardcore fans, so they'd actually be more inclined to attend non-WWE events than Mania.

Last year, the following promotions had shows:
Evolve
WWN
Wrestlecon
Shimmer
Kaiju
ROH

This year, you have:
Evolve
WWN/Progress
Wrestlecon
Shimmer
Kaiju
ROH
Beyond
Chikara
CZW
Revolution Pro
WrestlePro
Wrestling Revolver
and several smaller promotions.

Plus all the autograph shows, one man shows, etc. Great for fans, but there is only so much time/money people can spend