WWE Cruiserweight Classic

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: WWE Cruiserweight Classic

Post by rovert » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:29 am

Rob I get the ethic that Pro Wrestling is a physical business. But Mr. 450 isn't under contract (that I know of) so there's probably an insurance implication and the Anthony Bowens incident only happened last month.

No praise for a good show regardless?

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:50 am

RobViper13 wrote:Today's wrestlers are a bunch of wimps.

Or at least that's what I think the idea is after watching 205 Live from the other day. I dunno... it's just funny to me that the guy who is going to be running the company had one of his biggest career moments occur in a match where he tore his quad but kept going. They literally harp on this during every video package done on him to show you what a tough warrior he is. Then you have something like on 205 Live where Mr. 450 wasn't injured badly, he just tweaked something. He was clearly able to continue & fully communicating with the referee that he was fine but they still cut the match and made them go home immediatly. That kinda sucks if you ask me. I mean I know it's a total longshot but let's just say MAYYYYYYYYYYBE Mr. 450 makes something of himself in WWE down the line & part of his story can be how he got injured in his debut match but fought through the pain to put on a good match. It's a hell of a story if you ask me.

I know some WWE superfan will scold me for not caring about the health of wrestlers like their precious company but let's be honest - if this isn't a 205 Live and isn't these 2 guys, the match isn't being stopped. If Randy Orton tweaks his groin or knee working at the Rumble against whoever else, the match isn't being stopped. It's like that old saying of "you can't be half pregnant". Either you're 100% committed to wrestlers safety & stop every match where there's an injury or you don't and let them police themselves.
Completely agree, not to mention it ruins continuity. If two wrestlers are working a match where someone has to sell an injured limp it makes you ask "wow that looks worse than what happened to Mr. 450, why isn't the referee stopping THIS match" Gargano had his leg ripped apart in his matches against the Revival and both times he was selling like his leg was broken (not tweaked) when a match gets stopped over something like a bad finger, or a small cut but doesn't for a broken leg (kayfabe) it makes the audience aware that the referee knows what's worked and what's not.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:49 am

achillesforever6 wrote:Not surprised there is a love triangle on 205, after all it is a CW show
Tremendous post. :lol:

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:12 am

I know I'm going to get buried for this, but I actually like Noam's creepier gimmick, guy has gone all in it, hopefully he will improve in ring to compliment that.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:41 am

phenom951 wrote:

Or at least that's what I think the idea is after watching 205 Live from the other day. I dunno... it's just funny to me that the guy who is going to be running the company had one of his biggest career moments occur in a match where he tore his quad but kept going. They literally harp on this during every video package done on him to show you what a tough warrior he is. Then you have something like on 205 Live where Mr. 450 wasn't injured badly, he just tweaked something. He was clearly able to continue & fully communicating with the referee that he was fine but they still cut the match and made them go home immediatly. That kinda sucks if you ask me. I mean I know it's a total longshot but let's just say MAYYYYYYYYYYBE Mr. 450 makes something of himself in WWE down the line & part of his story can be how he got injured in his debut match but fought through the pain to put on a good match. It's a hell of a story if you ask me.

I know some WWE superfan will scold me for not caring about the health of wrestlers like their precious company but let's be honest - if this isn't a 205 Live and isn't these 2 guys, the match isn't being stopped. If Randy Orton tweaks his groin or knee working at the Rumble against whoever else, the match isn't being stopped. It's like that old saying of "you can't be half pregnant". Either you're 100% committed to wrestlers safety & stop every match where there's an injury or you don't and let them police themselves.
Completely agree, not to mention it ruins continuity. If two wrestlers are working a match where someone has to sell an injured limp it makes you ask "wow that looks worse than what happened to Mr. 450, why isn't the referee stopping THIS match" Gargano had his leg ripped apart in his matches against the Revival and both times he was selling like his leg was broken (not tweaked) when a match gets stopped over something like a bad finger, or a small cut but doesn't for a broken leg (kayfabe) it makes the audience aware that the referee knows what's worked and what's not.
A rather silly take when Mr. 450 couldn't physically bend his leg which was need to complete the planned match while Gargano actually could.

phenom951

Re: RE: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Classic

Post by phenom951 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:53 am

rovert wrote: A rather silly take when Mr. 450 couldn't physically bend his leg which was need to complete the planned match while Gargano actually could.
My comment wasn't so much about the actual incident with Mr. 450 but rather about the continuity of matches being ended prematurely in general when in worked matches ppl are selling much worse "injuries" yet the refs continously let the heel work that body part/injury for a 10-20 mins more.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:55 am

phenom951 wrote:
rovert wrote: A rather silly take when Mr. 450 couldn't physically bend his leg which was need to complete the planned match while Gargano actually could.
My comment wasn't so much about the actual incident with Mr. 450 but rather about the continuity of matches being ended prematurely in general when in worked matches ppl are selling much worse "injuries" yet the refs continously let the heel work that body part/injury for a 10-20 mins more.

It is 2016 WWE not Mid South. The promotion isn't a bastion of continuity or realism anyway.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:00 am

phenom951 wrote:

But they didn't stop the match in kayfabe.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:07 am

mlev76 wrote:Heel Neville as the King of the Cruiserweights is something I can absolutely get behind. He carried the NXT title picture during the first few Takeover specials and I feel like he is the guy to get the Cruiserweight division solidified.

This week's show was solid with a very good match for the main event. They definitely need to tape this before Smackdown though. I can't think of a single person who will care if its live to tape.
Does this mean that Kendrick goes down in the pecking order with Neville being the top heel? Kendrick goes from top guy to the veteran to help some of the younger guys get over with the crowd guy?
Who's Rob Viper ?

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:08 am

outlaw911 wrote:I say the biggest problem for the CW div has been there no real characters in the div outside of jack gallagher

one reason i think they should had sign da mack
Can Jack Gallagher get over with a national audience or would he be best served to stay on 205 Live?
Who's Rob Viper ?

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:10 am

I agree with you and the fact that most of today wrestlers are pussies. Most of them don't know how to work , thus them getting injured all the time.
Who's Rob Viper ?

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:40 am

achillesforever6 wrote:I know I'm going to get buried for this, but I actually like Noam's creepier gimmick, guy has gone all in it, hopefully he will improve in ring to compliment that.
Legit the only thing I am enjoying on this show. Never let him in the ring, keep having him be the super creep and I have no complains about Noam Bore being on my TV. It's only helped by the fact Cedric & the chick have less than zero chemistry for obvious reasons so it adds to the absurdity of Noam thinking he can get the girl.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:11 pm

RobViper13 wrote:
achillesforever6 wrote:I know I'm going to get buried for this, but I actually like Noam's creepier gimmick, guy has gone all in it, hopefully he will improve in ring to compliment that.
Legit the only thing I am enjoying on this show. Never let him in the ring, keep having him be the super creep and I have no complains about Noam Bore being on my TV. It's only helped by the fact Cedric & the chick have less than zero chemistry for obvious reasons so it adds to the absurdity of Noam thinking he can get the girl.
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the obvious reasons? When I see them make their entrance Cedric always has this face that says 'please don't touch me, my girlfriend will shout at me later'.

Great 205 live show this week. I'm not fussed about Mustapha Ali, but he feels fresh. I'm glad we're away from Dad Kendrick and Boring Son TJ Perkins. Love Noam Dar's character, and how the crowd have taken to Jack Gallagher.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Padje wrote:
RobViper13 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the obvious reasons? When I see them make their entrance Cedric always has this face that says 'please don't touch me, my girlfriend will shout at me later'.

Great 205 live show this week. I'm not fussed about Mustapha Ali, but he feels fresh. I'm glad we're away from Dad Kendrick and Boring Son TJ Perkins. Love Noam Dar's character, and how the crowd have taken to Jack Gallagher.
Its because he is married and has kids

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:27 am

An update: https://www.gofundme.com/7e-mr-450s-medical-expenses

Wow sensible people where correct about the status of his leg.