WWE Cruiserweight Classic

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
wac

Re: WWE Cruiserweight Classic

Post by wac » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:01 am

I like the idea of WWE agents trying to tell Kota Ibushi not to take any bumps on his neck.

StabAtThee

Post by StabAtThee » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:45 am

monster mafia wrote:
rovert wrote:
monster mafia wrote:
is the circle of roh since his creation...maybe now is a little more aggressive because of nxt..

i really hope that if its true ..they can create new stars

i just heard a lot of bad mood for roh this year and i think is a little too much.
Massive exoduses isn't the circle of ROH and since when has this regime created new stars?
massive maybe not but dragon,punk,joe,aries,homicide,daniels,black,generico,steen,hero,castagnoli ( in different eras)....all left and roh just create new stars.

in this regime? dijak,lee & taylor,rush,kincaid (maybe)

( the booking is another subject because the last 2 months of roh tv plus the last ppv and the upcoming card has been very good but nodody says that)

if they lose some major talent they need to go on the market and look for replacements..maybe the faith in delirious is not so good but..who knows

triple h has created a vanity project that is very nice and great and is just like roh use to be.
Dalton Castle, Bobby Fish, War Machine , Elgin, Lio Rush, Kincaid. Arguably Cole and O'Reilly. They haven't necessarily created New Stars as much as improved the profile of the people on their roster but they've done a decent job of doing it. Before ROH, Bobby Fish and War Machine were basically nameless journeymen. They had been in NOAH but nobody was clamoring for a Bobby Fish / Jay Lethal match before he signed to ROH. I'm not saying Bobby Fish wasn't a remarkably talented wrestler before ROH but ROH certainly made him more well-known in certain wrestling circles. I know for a fact that I saw Dalton Castle as Ashley Remington in Chikara in 2014 and I just saw him as a generic comedy wrestler. Now I look at him and see him as a super charismatic guy that's really over to a large portion of wrestling fans that he wasn't over with in 2014.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:08 am

wac wrote:I like the idea of WWE agents trying to tell Kota Ibushi not to take any bumps on his neck.
Would go as well as asking Sasha.

Anyone knows where Tony Nese stands with WWE? Seems to be another Martin Stone level NXT enhancement guy now.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:Bryan Alvarez made a solid point today. He referenced a Tyson Dux interview about the restrictions put on them by the CWC agents. (no neck drops was one thing he mentioned). His overarching point was that these guys will be hamstrung on the main roster. They aren’t going to bust out a lot of the moves used in the CWC (burning hammer, phoenix splash, anything that is the signature move of someone already on the roster).

This begs this question:

We know they are capable. But, do you believe these guys are going to be allowed to put on CWC-caliber matches on the main roster?
I didn't hear the quote, but that makes little sense. If they were told to avoid certain spots in the CWC, then why would they have a problem on the main roster? If anything, the main roster does allow some neck drops, so they may have a bit more freedom if that is true.

I think the key is presentation. If they get time and they are treated as unique, they'll be fine. And given the investment they've already put into this and who's advocating it, I have to imagine they will definitely try to keep the momentum going.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:14 pm

rovert wrote:
wac wrote:I like the idea of WWE agents trying to tell Kota Ibushi not to take any bumps on his neck.
Would go as well as asking Sasha.

Anyone knows where Tony Nese stands with WWE? Seems to be another Martin Stone level NXT enhancement guy now.
Between his match with Kendrick and his tag match on NXT, I have to imagine they will eventually sign him.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:32 pm

I can see the first cruiser match on Raw being a 6 way with all the people announced on WWE.com yesterday with the winner challenging TJ Perkins at the Clash.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:59 am

About Ibushi match:

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:20 pm

So a new weekly show is confirmed.

http://www.wwe.com/article/205-live-pre ... 40786623=1

Now if only they can stick to showcasing these guys on this show and drop them from Raw.

To me it's very notable to see what names were not included in the talent list. No Nese and Gulak. Now I know they never signed, but between this, Gabe constantly pointing out they are contracted to Evolve and WWE quickly dropping trademark applications it makes me wonder, especially with the Flo deal.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:51 pm

erase the cruiserweights from raw put them only on 205.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Uhaacrewz wrote:So a new weekly show is confirmed.

http://www.wwe.com/article/205-live-pre ... 40786623=1

Now if only they can stick to showcasing these guys on this show and drop them from Raw.

To me it's very notable to see what names were not included in the talent list. No Nese and Gulak. Now I know they never signed, but between this, Gabe constantly pointing out they are contracted to Evolve and WWE quickly dropping trademark applications it makes me wonder, especially with the Flo deal.
Both guys have been on the PPV and the Raw right after so I'm not reading too much into that.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:36 pm

I wonder where it'll be recorded. During a RAW or Smackdown taping? Full Sail?

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:05 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:Bryan Alvarez made a solid point today. He referenced a Tyson Dux interview about the restrictions put on them by the CWC agents. (no neck drops was one thing he mentioned). His overarching point was that these guys will be hamstrung on the main roster. They aren’t going to bust out a lot of the moves used in the CWC (burning hammer, phoenix splash, anything that is the signature move of someone already on the roster).

This begs this question:

We know they are capable. But, do you believe these guys are going to be allowed to put on CWC-caliber matches on the main roster?
You don't need headdrops to have a great match. And those same headdrops over the years cause brain damage and spinal degeneration. Wouldn't be wise with WWE's calender.

We seen many indy guys and gals and former Noah guys end up crippled or dead.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:21 pm

John The Drummer wrote:I wonder where it'll be recorded. During a RAW or Smackdown taping? Full Sail?
Live or live that day on Tuesdays at the SmackDown tapings.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:53 pm

I wouldn't give 205 much thought until we get it in it's final state that is when they give up on it or give it a big Sports Entertainment tweak after two weeks .

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:03 pm

ohhh...so its like the 3 hour of smackdown.