Tier 1 Wrestling: March to Victory (March 20) iPPV

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Tier 1 Wrestling: March to Victory (March 20) iPPV

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Tier 1 Wrestling joins the iPPV ranks next month, any thoughts on this initiative or the card so far? Elgin vs. Thatcher may make some people shiver but I personally love the potential for a styles clash, I'm always interested which way the wind sails and whose style ends up dominating the structure.

For those unfamiliar, Tier 1 is relatively new to the game only running their first show in July of 2015. Here's the Cagematch event history if you want to see what they've done so far: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=1506&page=4
On Sunday March 20th, Brooklyn, NY will host an evening of pro-wrestling excellence unlike anything it's seen before. Tier 1 Wrestling's 'March To Victory' and EVOLVE 57 will be presented back to back on a night that promises to deliver awe-inspiring athleticism, tremendous technical prowess, freakish feats of strength, and a palpable desire to compete at the highest possible level.

The first bout announced for 'March To Victory' was a bona fide blockbuster. The current reigning and defending EVOLVE Champion, Timothy Thatcher, will take on former Ring of Honor World Champion, 'Unbreakable' Michael Elgin. This is a never-before-seen match that has all the makings of a classic; the type of epic encounter that most fans don't get to witness live. Don't make the mistake of allowing yourself to be left out of the crowd when these two soldiers take to their battlefield.

ALSO, in the main event of 'March To Victory', 'The Premier Athlete' Tony Nese will make his Tier 1 Wrestling debut, but who he'll be pitted against is still yet to be decided. Rude Boy Riley's first title defense comes on February 27th at Revival Pro Wrestling's 'Clear and Present Danger' when he faces off with 'The International King of Swerve' Shane Strickland. If Strickland is able to come away with the title, then the scheduled singles match between Nese and Riley will become a triple threat!

These two huge matches are just a part of Tier 1 Wrestling's contribution to this epic three-event weekend, but that's not even the biggest news.
For the VERY FIRST TIME, Tier 1 Wrestling will be available on iPPV! So, if you can't make it to Brooklyn for our biggest event yet, you can still watch all of the incredible action of EVOLVE 56, 'March To Victory', and EVOLVE 57 LIVE at WWNLive.com! As if that wasn't enough, if you order all three events, then you'll get your choice of a FREE VOD from the entire WWN library, as well as any of the first three Tier 1 Wrestling shows. That's FIVE EVENTS for just $40.00! That's an unprecedented value, and one that you'll only get from WWNLive.com.

*** 'MARCH TO VICTORY' LINEUP ANNOUNCED SO FAR ***
Tier 1 Championship Rude Boy Riley (c) v. 'The Premier Athlete' Tony Nese
OR
Tier 1 Championship - Triple Threat Match Shane Strickland (c) v. Rude Boy Riley v. Tony Nese

FIRST TIME EVER Current EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher v. 'Unbreakable' Michael Elgin

ALSO APPEARING: Gran Akuma, 'All Ego' Ethan Page, Fred Yehi, 'Wrestling's Richest Prize' Darius Carter, Nutrious X, 'The Unpredictable' JGeorge, 'Bonesaw' Jessie Brooks, FEDERATED Brand Ambassador Mr. Martinez, VsK, Ace Romero, 'The EmpBruh' Black Baron, The Concrete Rose' Sonny Kiss, 'The Carnivore' Alex Mason, Travis 'Flip' Gordon, Space Monkey, Milk Chocolate, The Spring Street Suicide Squad of Ken Lee and Chris Crunk, 'The 5 Star Stud' Joey Ace, 'The Elite Athlete' Mike Orlando, 'Ms. New York' Anna Treppiedi, Mike Law, Neff, and a SPECIAL APPEARANCE by an ECW Original and former WWE Superstar that you do not want to miss.

dancecab

Re: Tier 1 Wrestling: March to Victory (March 20) iPPV

Post by dancecab » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:36 pm

Actually kinda excited for Thatcher and Elgin. Thatcher is my preferred wrestler out of all the american grapplers ESPECIALLY when he's against someone who isn't of that style. I enjoyed his matches with Hero and End.

Also...SPACE MONKEY! He's pretty much on every show out here in the Toronto area so glad to see him booked in the states.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:01 pm

And friend of the site, the great Gran Akuma!

Tier1Wrestling

Post by Tier1Wrestling » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Hey guys, this is the promoter from Tier 1. I wanted to personally thank you guys for the plug. We have some free matches on Youtube so you can see what we're all about.

Here is a match from two of Michael Elgin's students from our second show:

This is from our last show out in Long Island featuring the first ever "Darius Carter Brass Ring Invitational":

We also had a fatal fourway featuring VsK, Evolve's Ethan Page, Mike Verna & Blake Morris:

This was a bonus match, working inside of the NYWC building we gave two of their students a chance in front of the crowd:

From our debut show, a battle of the big men. Fallah Bahh took on Kyle the Beast:

Another bonus match featured two females in another bonus match when Savannah Evans took on Vanity:

Here is a match we had that took place at Evolve 50:

Caveman took on VsK which lead to an impromptu tag team match:

This was one of the matches that I am proud of the most when Gran Akuma took on Sonny Kiss when it was pretty much veteran against rookie and although Kiss lost he ended up being a huge star:

Check out our Facebook page for updates:
https://www.facebook.com/T1Wrestling/

Twitter: @Tier1Wrestling

Now that we have an actual account, feel free to ask any questions. We are a very fan friendly run company.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 pm

People need to check out Paco from the first video, he does a ton of stuff in the midwest and is obviously a ways away from being a complete package but is one of the best bump-takers I've seen in quite some time. He's Spike Dudley-level good at getting rag dolled and destroyed, it's always a fun sight to see. Thanks for posting the videos, I'm hoping to pour through them later today.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:36 am

I'm considering ordering the show.

I love Thatcher and have enjoyed Elgin well enough recently for what he is, but I'm iffy on that match. I completely understand booking it and promoting your first ippv effort of the back of it. That said, if I order the show it will be for the undercard, particularly Fred Yehi, Sonny Kiss and Black Baron, all of whom I like a lot. I think Yehi is working Darius Carter, but do we know what the rest of the lineup is going to look like?

I also think the Spring Street Suicide Squad being brought in is interesting. They are Georgia guys, who have worked as a team almost exclusively in AWE. At best they are really exciting, hard working guys, who I think fans of The Young Bucks would really like. I don't think they are very well polished at all, and I've seen them do things that had me scratching my head, but I am happy to see them get a prominent booking and I think there is a high possibility they will go balls to the wall to make the most out of it. They work as babyfaces of sorts in AWE, though I really think they could break out as heels. Tier-1 bringing them in is cool, and I hope that means they would be open to bringing in other lesser known Southern acts like the Lynch Mob assuming those guys would be willing and able to travel.

Anyhow, I'd like to support the show, but I am holding out for a couple of more announced matches. To be honest I almost don't even care what they are, I just like to know what I'm paying for. If there is a five or six match card that I can preview ahead of time I'm almost certain to buy it.

Tier1Wrestling

Post by Tier1Wrestling » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:09 pm

I fully understand you Dylan,

Right now the current card is the following:

TIER 1 CHAMPIONSHIP
Rude Boy Riley (c) v. 'The Premier Athlete' Tony Nese
OR
Tier 1 Championship - Triple Threat Match
Shane Strickland (c) v. Rude Boy Riley v. Tony Nese

FIRST TIME EVER
Current EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher v. 'Unbreakable' Michael Elgin

LAST PERSON STANDING
'The Unpredictable' JGeorge v. 'Bonesaw' Jessie Brooks

DARIUS CARTER BRASS RING OPEN INVITATIONAL
'Wrestling's Richest Prize' Darius Carter v. Fred Yehi

ALSO APPEARING: Gran Akuma, 'All Ego' Ethan Page, Nutrious X, , FEDERATED Brand Ambassador Mr. Martinez, VsK, Ace Romero, 'The EmpBruh' Black Baron, The Concrete Rose' Sonny Kiss, 'The Carnivore' Alex Mason, Travis 'Flip' Gordon, Space Monkey, Milk Chocolate, The Spring Street Suicide Squad of Ken Lee and Chris Crunk, 'The 5 Star Stud' Joey Ace, 'The Elite Athlete' Mike Orlando, 'Ms. New York' Anna Treppiedi, Mike Law, JustNeph, and a SPECIAL APPEARANCE by an ECW Original and former WWE Superstar.

There will be another match announced tonight. For $9.99 it's not a bad deal. If you order the two Evolve shows as well as Tier 1 for $38.00 you get a free Tier 1 Wrestling show of your choosing and any 1 free show from the WWNLive library. That's 5 shows for $38.00. Again, it's not a bad deal.

Tier1Wrestling

Post by Tier1Wrestling » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Since we just hit over 10,000 Facebook likes on our page, we're offering another free match for our fans. Gran Akuma taking on Caleb Konley from Rumble in the Concrete Jungle. We ran the show despite the threats of a possible hurricane/tropical storm.

cpgoat3

Post by cpgoat3 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:42 am

Since Elgin is backing out due to NJPW, I hope there's a great back up in place.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:20 am

cpgoat3 wrote:Since Elgin is backing out due to NJPW, I hope there's a great back up in place.
Just announced:

sternness

Post by sternness » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:25 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:
cpgoat3 wrote:Since Elgin is backing out due to NJPW, I hope there's a great back up in place.
Just announced:

Yeah that's not what I'd consider a great replacement.

cpgoat3

Post by cpgoat3 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:27 pm

That is exactly who I anticipated the replacement to me
.. still intriguin to me.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:37 pm

sternness wrote:
DXvsNWO wrote:
Just announced:

I'd have to disagree. I think it has the potential to be great match. Ciampa's had some very good matches with Drew Gulak (a guy with a similar style to Thatcher) in the past in places like Wrestling is Art & Beyond Wrestling, so I think he has the chance to deliver here against Thatcher.

sternness

Post by sternness » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:02 am

DXvsNWO wrote:
sternness wrote:
DXvsNWO wrote:
Just announced:

I'd have to disagree. I think it has the potential to be great match. Ciampa's had some very good matches with Drew Gulak (a guy with a similar style to Thatcher) in the past in places like Wrestling is Art & Beyond Wrestling, so I think he has the chance to deliver here against Thatcher.
Oh I've got no doubt it'll be good, it's just not as intriguing of a match to me as Elgin/Thatcher was.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Tier1Wrestling wrote: There will be another match announced tonight. For $9.99 it's not a bad deal. If you order the two Evolve shows as well as Tier 1 for $38.00 you get a free Tier 1 Wrestling show of your choosing and any 1 free show from the WWNLive library. That's 5 shows for $38.00. Again, it's not a bad deal.
Is this deal still available?