WWE Royal Rumble 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: WWE Royal Rumble 2016

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:04 am

A great Royal Rumble. A few minor issues. Mostly in regard to Reigns leaving for half the match. However, it was still very good, even if it was story-riffic.

However, Triple H, in the year of our lord two thousand and sixteen...is your World Champ and winner of the Royal Rumble. Can't make that shit up.
2016 Royal Rumble Iron Man...Chris Jericho. :lol:

At least that explains showing the McMahon Rumble win as apart of their promotional packaging of the Rumble.
Last edited by BoxingRobes on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

wac

Post by wac » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:04 am

Hahaha

wac

Post by wac » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:09 am

Ending would have been 1000x better if Reigns was the last guy in so Triple H would've gotten the 100% babyface reaction

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:10 am

The crowd booing Roman and cheering HHH is the funniest shit ever. I think the Rumble was very, very fun. I have some minor gripes (where they timed Styles' elimination, Roman being gone for half the match and the teased stretcher job), but I enjoyed the hell out of it. Haven't seen the rest of the show, but if the undercard delivered this was probably the best Royal Rumble PPV in a long time.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:15 am

This show felt in many ways like an NXT show. I liked every match, lots of people came out of this looking good and I am really looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I thought Lesnar/Reigns was the way to go. I know they don't want Reigns booed, but guess what, he got booed tonight against Triple H. It's time to accept that he is either 1) gonna get booed and turn him heel or 2) ignore the boos and hope he gets over as a face.

If they're going to Triple H/Reigns at Mania, they should do the double turn (even though Reigns will likely be booed) and let Reigns become a full blown heel.

wac

Post by wac » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:16 am

Pouring one out for everyone who thought Reigns was actually, finally over after that Philadelphia RAW

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:28 am

Don't think I've ever had more mixed feelings about a match before. As a whole it was the best Rumble we've had in a long time and I really enjoyed it. I also think the handling of AJs elimination was great, I was worried the crowd would turn when AJ was eliminated but having Owens do it the way he did was a good idea. I really think Owens had by far the best showing, he was really the only guy in the ring for a long time that looked like a true star. Speaking of which Bray has lost so much steam it's ridiculous. My main issue with the match is the predictability, maybe it was because I was younger but in past Rumbles it felt like anyone could win but now the outcome and most of the going ons in the match are super obvious beforehand, which for a match with 30 participants is not good. I think I prefer HHH winning over Reigns but really I don't like it on either of them. I was really hoping they'd swerve us and give it to someone unexpected. The finish itself felt pretty flat, where most Rumble finishes seem epic this one just sort of happened. My other main issue is Roman Reigns, when you've got a good 10 or so faces on the roster that the crowd loves and cheers for why do they continue to push this guy as a crowd favourite when people hate him. And they book him in the stupidest situations too. Do they think by having Roman sit out half of the Rumble even though he was clearly able to walk his way out anyway was a good idea. And the stupid 'stretcher him out' trope was ridiculous anyway, as soon as it happens you know he's gonna run back in later fresh as a daisy and eliminate everyone. It feels like a heel thing to do sitting backstage waiting til the end to come back in anyway, I'd semi understand if they took him out on a stretcher but he actually walked out himself, what a fighting champion. Roman Reigns is not Daniel Bryan, he's not an underdog, he's a big tough looking dude and that's how he should be booked. Btw for anyone that complained about Okada not selling the leg enough, did you see Owens limp his way all the way to the ring and then never limp again when he got in. Hilarious. Overall I did really like the Rumble and I think it was a big improvement over the last couple of years, I legit popped at AJ's early entry and Roman getting tossed. The show as a whole was great too, the Owens vs Ambrose match in particular. Good Rumble aswell but with some serious issues I hope they improve on for next years Rumble.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:37 am

If Jado can book himself to win a Rumble, so can HHH

wac

Post by wac » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:43 am

"Nobody's gonna know who AJ is if they bring him straight to the main roster"

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:46 am

Thought the undercard were pretty weak.. Just your usual stuff. Didn't hate it either, just weren't super into it.

The rumble match though. This was a great rumble match, oh boy. I was entertained from start to finish, and there were always something fun going on. And i think the whole booking of this rumble was genius, by whichever of the agents that laid down the match. Everything was just clicking and the match went over perfect, to the point where you made people happy that f'n Triple H won the belt. Now THAT's some impressive booking.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:52 am

Yes, the booking was so perfect that everybody was cheering the #1 heel in the company over the babyface.

Sure.

ThomasOP

Post by ThomasOP » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:59 am

I'm going to have to give the show a thumbs down.

Last Man Standing, was a good match, but the amount of time spent setting up spots was really bad. This was probably my match of the night still.

Tag Team match was just a whatever match. I don't ever need to see New Day vs. Usos again. Big E should be getting a singles push. He's too good.

ADR/Kalisto was a major letdown. Alberto was really awesome in this, but Kalisto was just so off tonight. Seemed like the crowd totally checked out on him.

I saw a lot of people digging the Lynch/Charlotte match. I must have missed whatever they were seeing. Becky's strikes were looking very telegraphed, and bad. I did dig Charlotte's heeling, he subs were very sloppy though. The aftermatch was great, even though a bit predictable. Glad they got (or so it appears) Sasha away from Team Bad. I feel bad for Becky, she's going to get pushed into an extra role again.

Now for the Rumble. AJ's debut was great, I have to say I thought he could have won. (I'm foolish) What really made me think he could was because he had Flair's #3. The political hit has to be true for Roman. They once again book him in the worst way humanly possible. Cutting off any legs he has. KEEP THIS MAN OUT OF THE RUMBLE. AJ's elimination was the right guy, but did seem way early & basically soured the crowd. Not many real spots that stood out, best interaction was actually AJ & Roman IMO. I don't really have any feelings on Hunter winning. It's hard to care. Very interested in what they'll do with AJ now. Is Sami on the main roster now? Oh yeah, almost forgot about Bray/Brock. Eh, whatever. Hopefully this is done before 'Mania.

MillionDollarDream

Post by MillionDollarDream » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:03 am

wac wrote:"Nobody's gonna know who AJ is if they bring him straight to the main roster"

It was Orlando... the perfect city to debut him and get a huge reaction on PPV.

sternness

Post by sternness » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:06 am

Really did not enjoy the Rumble match and that was all I saw from this show.

wac

Post by wac » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:08 am

Morten VH wrote:The rumble match though. This was a great rumble match, oh boy. I was entertained from start to finish, and there were always something fun going on. And i think the whole booking of this rumble was genius, by whichever of the agents that laid down the match. Everything was just clicking and the match went over perfect, to the point where you made people happy that f'n Triple H won the belt. Now THAT's some impressive booking.
Is that what they were going for