WWE NXT 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 3331
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by supersonic » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Lack of Takeover Dallas promotion on Raw and SmackDown! lend any credence to the politics reporting?

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:20 pm

supersonic wrote:Lack of Takeover Dallas promotion on Raw and SmackDown! lend any credence to the politics reporting?
When have they ever promoted NXT on the main roaster shows?

User avatar
JML
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am
Contact:

WWE NXT 2016

Post by JML » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
supersonic wrote:Lack of Takeover Dallas promotion on Raw and SmackDown! lend any credence to the politics reporting?
When have they ever promoted NXT on the main roaster shows?
They have shown commercials for NXT TV when a big match was coming up. They also promoted NXT Takeover London and Respect.

With Dallas, the place is already sold out and we still haven't had a full card announced (aka Zayn vs Nakamura hasn't been officially announced). IMO, I wouldn't promote it cause you don't need to. Mania is the goal.

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by rovert » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Sometimes they do promote it, sometimes they don't on TV.

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Yeah, this one feels like a reach. NXT is never been a high priority when it comes to promotional time. It gets drive by promotion at best.

User avatar
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Revival v. Enzo/Cass is pretty great promo time on the special for the GenPop that tuned in.

Wouldn't mid seeing a RAW segment that showcases some NXT work. I always thought Zayn showing up on RAW and Neville having matches when he was champ, were great uses of time for that product.

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by rovert » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:26 pm


User avatar
Takachulo
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by Takachulo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:37 pm

abrasiveobelisksa wrote: Can Cuerno not ask for his release? Or would LU not give him that, in part due to their grudge against WWE?
I would think he would have a very strong Restraint of Trade case after the filming of season three. That won't be aired until 2017 which means we're talking late 2017 before the season ends, and it may be months later before any decision about season four is made. I don't see a Judge looking too kindly on a contract that ties him up for that long with no guarantee of future employment and no payment in the meantime.

User avatar
TGD287
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by TGD287 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:10 pm

I know NXT promotion has been inconsistent on Raw (I wish they'd bring back showcase matches), but to not include Takeover in that commercial about WrestleMania week is interesting.

User avatar
TGD287
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by TGD287 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Finally finished Joe/Zayn. So many 8-9 counts. Ugh.

User avatar
ODonnell
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:48 am

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by ODonnell » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:12 pm

I bought the NXT Greatest Matches Blu Ray yesterday, and only got around to watching the Breeze vs. Hideo cam match from the NXT San Jose show before Mania last year.

Really cool, and I wish they would release the entire show that way. Its a static cam that doesn't move, so you can hear the entrances but not see them, since the camera stays on the ring the entire time. The entrance music and the ring announcer are funky sounding since it wasn't set up for broadcast, but otherwise its great. Even though I saw just that one match, it might have been the hottest NXT crowd I've ever seen, and I've been to house shows in Philly/Asbury as well as NXT Brooklyn. They were going nuts for everything in the match, and the pop for the GTS was even bigger than it seemed from people's vids who were there. Hideo seemed to really be getting the hang of things, and was really soaking it all in.

The matches have HHH/NXT wrestler interviews spliced in between them, with mostly new stuff and some backstage things such as HHH meeting backstage with the NXT staff and wrestlers at certain points. Sasha crying and saying how the women's match used to be a bathroom break match where everyone ran for the exits was really poignant, and used to intro the Brooklyn match with Bayley. Might not be new, but I had never seen it before. Haven't gone through the whole thing but its a really must have if you're a fan.

User avatar
John The Drummer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:10 pm

ODonnell wrote:I bought the NXT Greatest Matches Blu Ray yesterday, and only got around to watching the Breeze vs. Hideo cam match from the NXT San Jose show before Mania last year.

Really cool, and I wish they would release the entire show that way. Its a static cam that doesn't move, so you can hear the entrances but not see them, since the camera stays on the ring the entire time. The entrance music and the ring announcer are funky sounding since it wasn't set up for broadcast, but otherwise its great. Even though I saw just that one match, it might have been the hottest NXT crowd I've ever seen, and I've been to house shows in Philly/Asbury as well as NXT Brooklyn. They were going nuts for everything in the match, and the pop for the GTS was even bigger than it seemed from people's vids who were there. Hideo seemed to really be getting the hang of things, and was really soaking it all in.

The matches have HHH/NXT wrestler interviews spliced in between them, with mostly new stuff and some backstage things such as HHH meeting backstage with the NXT staff and wrestlers at certain points. Sasha crying and saying how the women's match used to be a bathroom break match where everyone ran for the exits was really poignant, and used to intro the Brooklyn match with Bayley. Might not be new, but I had never seen it before. Haven't gone through the whole thing but its a really must have if you're a fan.
I have only watched the first few matches of this so far, but I really loved all of the interviews and segments in between the matches! Definite selling point and not just a "collection of matches". I don't know what it was, but Big E reminded me of a greener Michael Elgin in his match against Rollins. He just seemed like a powerhouse, really good stuff. Cannot wait to bust back into this!

User avatar
DETROIT_KEJB
Posts: 603
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:47 am
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Contact:

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Something needs to be said of Tommaso Ciampa. I never really had a strong opinion of the guy, one way or the other. This run on NXT has really elevated his standing. I look forward to seeing his matches more than most of that contracted roster.

Then, he still is out her wrestling in the halls and gymnasiums. Dude is having a great 2016.

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by rovert » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:44 pm

DETROIT_KEJB wrote:Something needs to be said of Tommaso Ciampa. I never really had a strong opinion of the guy, one way or the other. This run on NXT has really elevated his standing. I look forward to seeing his matches more than most of that contracted roster.

Then, he still is out her wrestling in the halls and gymnasiums. Dude is having a great 2016.
He left ROH for a reason. He really didn't want to just "exist" in the industry or spend several years waiting ROH to pull the trigger on him to be a main eventer he wanted to show his value.

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 3331
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:12 am

TGD287 wrote:I know NXT promotion has been inconsistent on Raw (I wish they'd bring back showcase matches), but to not include Takeover in that commercial about WrestleMania week is interesting.
Included on the package promotion tonight.

Post Reply