WWE NXT 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
JML

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by JML » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:53 pm

I loved Corbin/Aries/Regal segment. I gasped like a mark when Corbin threw the t shirt in Regal's face.

I like where they are going with Corbin as the Indy wrestling hater and I hope this angle gets time to play out.

With Balor vs Neville, I thought it was good but the crowd was dead. I hope they don't do 4 weeks of TV tapings again at a decent size arena like CFE. Save that for Full Sail or somewhere else of that size. If they run CFE, they have to do a Takeover.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:29 pm

JML wrote:I loved Corbin/Aries/Regal segment. I gasped like a mark when Corbin threw the t shirt in Regal's face.

I like where they are going with Corbin as the Indy wrestling hater and I hope this angle gets time to play out.

With Balor vs Neville, I thought it was good but the crowd was dead. I hope they don't do 4 weeks of TV tapings again at a decent size arena like CFE. Save that for Full Sail or somewhere else of that size. If they run CFE, they have to do a Takeover.
marked out for that, too.

I'm curious to see how the rest of this plays out...seemed very authentic.

Hopefully, Corbin starts to "get it"...

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Poor Hideo. I miss him:

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:00 pm

I'm kind of interested to know what the original Hideo storyline was. Whenever he returns, and whoever they say "attacked" him won't be the original persons pegged, since his return got delayed so long.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:19 pm

ODonnell wrote:I'm kind of interested to know what the original Hideo storyline was. Whenever he returns, and whoever they say "attacked" him won't be the original persons pegged, since his return got delayed so long.
Wasn't he pegged to get the NXT Title Match against Kevin Owens in Tokyo last year? I thought I heard that somewhere...

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 pm

He was scheduled for the #1 contenders match that would have lead to the Tokyo match before getting hurt, so I think we all reasonably assumed he was going to win the match (if not the title).

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:34 am

ODonnell wrote:I'm kind of interested to know what the original Hideo storyline was. Whenever he returns, and whoever they say "attacked" him won't be the original persons pegged, since his return got delayed so long.
Pretty sure he'd be in the Finn Balor spot right now. They were really starting to feature him more prominently after his WM appearance. Even did that special on the network with him. And honestly, Finn Balor may just be on the main roster right now since they didn't have to rely on him to be a babyface champion like they do now.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:12 am

I know he was supposed to main event the Tokyo show, I just was wondering what was supposed to happen when he came back from the shoulder injury feud wise. Whoever took him out in all likelihood won't be the original person they had in mind, since he most likely will have been called up by then

themib

Post by themib » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:39 am

Tye Dillinger returned last night in Columbus, glad to see his injury was short term.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:53 pm

Card for tonight's house show in Cleveland. Interesting to note that Mandy from Tough Enough is on the Big Crew Tour - Eva Marie wrestled last night, but not tonight seemingly...

FATAL FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP: Finn Bálor (c) vs. Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin vs. Samoa Joe
NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Bayley (c) vs. Nia Jax
NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) (c) vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa
Sami Zayn vs. Tye Dillinger
Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss
American Alpha (Chad Gable & Jason Jordan) vs. The Vaudevillains (Aiden English & Simon Gotch)
Billie Kay & Mandy Rose vs. Emma & Peyton Royce

CThrash13

Post by CThrash13 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:05 am

ODonnell wrote:I know he was supposed to main event the Tokyo show, I just was wondering what was supposed to happen when he came back from the shoulder injury feud wise. Whoever took him out in all likelihood won't be the original person they had in mind, since he most likely will have been called up by then
I've thought it was Balor who attacked him for awhile now, but I'm sure I'm wrong. It makes sense to me that Balor would take out one of the biggest threats to his spot, and now that he's had such a great run in Hideo's absence, it makes all the sense in the world. We're going to get evil Balor at some point, so it may as well be now. And putting the strap on Hideo at some point has to be in the cards right?

As for the past NXT show, I loved the Corbin/Aries spot like many others. I was a little blah the first 5 or so minutes of Balor/Neville, but they had me hooked the last half of the match! Great job by both, and neither was made to look bad win or loss.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:35 am

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:07 am

From the show in Citrus Springs, FL tonight. A snippet of Rich Swann's theme:

Gabriel and Uriel Ealy made their debuts:
Last edited by rovert on Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:59 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:Absolutely loved Balor v. Neville.

Well structured and booked match. ****1/4
They have tremendous chemistry and their match (along with the Aries debut and the Joe/Sami promo) saved the show. I think it should have been a title match and booked it as a bit of a 'passing the torch' type deal. Yes, I realize it's silly to do that when Neville hasn't been a regular in nearly a year, but it could have given the match a tad more heft.

JML

Post by JML » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:19 pm

rovert wrote:From the show in Citrus Springs, FL tonight. A snippet of Rich Swann's theme:

https://twitter.com/Everett_Duk ... 6081546240

Gabriel and Uriel Ealy made their debuts:
https://twitter.com/mamae84/sta ... 8031898624
That sounded like a really 70's disco/funk song. Almost too good for it to be a generic song.

And God bless Rich Swann but he looked like he was struggling doing the electric slide.