WWE NXT 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Garuda

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by Garuda » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:08 pm

Life obligations have newly occupied my Wednesday nights and will continue to for the foreseeable, so I'm putting the recaps on hiatus. We'll see the when and if on that.

But I did really enjoy NXT this week. It felt fresh, and they did a whole bunch of things that made the thing feel like a connected roster again. The SAniTY moving backstage-into Nikki/Asuka staredown was phenomenal.

As for SAniTY, it's been the case that they only suggest at being interesting instead of doing or being anything actually interesting. If you want to make a group all actions and no talking, then you;d better give them interesting actions, and I think they did this week. They actually showed a little range, from their rejection of Fulton to their shock and confusion about Damo. Steps in the right direction; hopefully they continue to have them actually do thing to care about.

Love that they follow through with stories in NXT, and the Dillinger/Regal segment was fantastic. From announcing the tag team angle, to following up on the Dillinger retirement angle, right into the #1 Contender's series. It was great before they ended it with Regal nostalgically putting on his golden knuckles at the end.

Finally, it looks like I won't be getting my Revival vs. AOP dream match. Oh well. Still loved the DIY revelry and ensuing angle, particularly because I appear to be on an island in really liking AOP. Although I understand that something later in the taping may challenge that... Ellering sucks, though. Really over him.

- Jury's out on Percy Watson. I love that they said how NXT is evolving and then introduced a dude from the NXT reality show, though. For a first broadcast he didn't stink up the joint, which I think is an accomplishment.

- I hope the cruiserweights still make appearances, because it adds a great flavor to the proceedings.

- Exciting new directions! I'm unspoiled, so I look forward to watching things develop. That's all I can type unedited in five minutes.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm

The cruisers SHOULD be in NXT regularly. As I said during the CWC, the WWE got 32 new wrestlers to use at all levels of the card, most starting in NXT...but they fucked it up by doing this Cruisers on RAW/205Live nonsense.

They are presented much better in NXT anyway.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:45 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:The cruisers SHOULD be in NXT regularly. As I said during the CWC, the WWE got 32 new wrestlers to use at all levels of the card, most starting in NXT...but they fucked it up by doing this Cruisers on RAW/205Live nonsense.

They are presented much better in NXT anyway.
Mainly because they aren't a separate division, there is actual crossover like with the No Way Jose and Rich Swann tag team.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:44 pm

They've gone through that region with a fine toothcomb. Most noteworthy is forum fav Jonah Rock.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:05 am

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:47 am

The big news

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:22 pm

This week's show was fine, but I am really done with Sanity. They have literally no reason for existence and they are beyond boring in the ring.

The Joe/Nak match was ok, but it came off as either clipped or very oddly short for a main event before a home country crowd for Nakamura.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:00 pm

rovert wrote:The big news
I probably heard this from others, but the elite group that trains year round for Ninja Warrior is an good market to scout, due to them having to train year round to complete crazy courses where one slip and you're out with nothing, and better luck next year.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:05 pm

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:25 pm

I don't want any spoiler spoilers about what exactly happens or how or why or when... but just curious...
► Show Spoiler

ODonnell

WWE NXT 2016

Post by ODonnell » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:47 pm

John The Drummer wrote:I don't want any spoiler spoilers about what exactly happens or how or why or when... but just curious...
► Show Spoiler
Nope

Tonight's episode is absolutely stacked. Joe/Nak cage match, and the four matches to get into the four way #1 contender matcb

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:50 pm

ODonnell wrote:
John The Drummer wrote:I don't want any spoiler spoilers about what exactly happens or how or why or when... but just curious...
► Show Spoiler
Nope

Tonight's episode is absolutely stacked. Joe/Nak cage match, and the four matches to get into the four way #1 contender matcb
Bummer! Oh well, maybe the next Takeover :)
I'm stoked for the #1 contender matches, a good mix of guys.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 pm

TGD287 wrote:
rovert wrote:The big news
I probably heard this from others, but the elite group that trains year round for Ninja Warrior is an good market to scout, due to them having to train year round to complete crazy courses where one slip and you're out with nothing, and better luck next year.
I'm a huge MTV's The Challenge fan and never understood why they didn't recruit guys like CT and Johnny Bananas for a similar reason.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:18 am

Flo Slam schedule this weekend

SHINE 39 - 12/16 @8pm Eastern

8 Woman Tag Team War - loser must leave SHINE forever
Ivelisse, Mercedes Martinez, Thea Trinidad and ACR vs LuFisto, Amber O'Neal, Andrea, and Kennadi Brink
Interesting stip in the current WWE signing everyone climate. There's signing rumours about two people in the match.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:46 am

Also on the Observer WWE may want Eli Drake but his TNA contract isn't up until April 2018. He needs to get fired like he did last time in NXT. In NXT he would email management endlessly about not being put on NXT TV. Went postal and did his own version of The Rock's "Rock concert" with a electronic piano and sang a song about not being put on NXT TV. Image
Evie and Nixon Newell are starting in April not January. Mike Johnson's initial report didn't factor in the VISA application process.

Glad Nixon won't be abruptly taken away by her UK fans. Will probably make a killing on her goodbye tour.