WWE raids NJPW talent

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BackLash

Re: WWE raids NJPW talent

Post by BackLash » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:12 am

Joe Lanza wrote:Fale has either received his formal offer from WWE or will soon.

Tonga I was told has not, and there is no word that he will, but my source expected that to change.

"Devitt wants everybody to jump. Everybody."
Even Yujiro (I say half-jokingly)?

JML

Post by JML » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:20 am

It will be interesting to see with Fale cause like Meltzer said in the bit that Supersonic posted earlier, he's big in New Japan but in WWE, he's gonna look small compared to other guys. Even next to guys like Baron Corbin, Riddick Moss and the Dylan guy who squatted that crazy amount of weight that went viral video, Fale is gonna be small to those guys.

I think he's gotten an unfair shake with New Japan fans as if he went to NXT, he would probably be the best big man there and that includes Corbin.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Morten VH wrote:You'd think all these guys coming in, would threaten Devitt's place in the company. He doesn't make it easier on himself that's for sure. But then again, maybe he wants to put together a new Kliq that can run the place together. Surely such a huge group of guys would control any locker room. I have no idea what's going through his mind, but if i were Devitt i wouldn't want to run the risk of losing my spot, when WWE brings in so many talented wrestlers at once.
A few years ago I made the point to a bunch of people that Devitt is really respected in the industry. For all they watched and read they tend not to have the first clue about the industry or have the able to spot trends and numerous other things. I really meant what I said then.

Devitt has always been very generous with what he has. Whether it is training or mentoring people or getting people jobs/work. He's very honest and humble which has the consequence that I've never heard of someone stabbing him in the back. He has a huge worldwide network of friends. He's a very smart guy and I don't doubt he has thought about benefits of assembling a powerbase in NXT but he has always "spread the wealth". WWE/NXT isn't really that cut throat anymore it is more about getting Vince's attention and trying to follow along with endlessly changing decisions.

Bullet Club are one thing but don't forget TMDK are still in play. Nicholls and Devitt have been friends for 10 years. They trained at the New Japan LA Dojo together. But Devitt is friends with the team just out of being gaijin in Japan at same time as each other. In the fullness of 2016 Zack Sabre Jr. may make his way to NXT. Zack is like Devitt's little brother.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:32 pm

The podcasts that were in the can apparently had a lot of swearing and such like. Not WWE friendly.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Morten VH wrote:You'd think all these guys coming in, would threaten Devitt's place in the company. He doesn't make it easier on himself that's for sure. But then again, maybe he wants to put together a new Kliq that can run the place together. Surely such a huge group of guys would control any locker room. I have no idea what's going through his mind, but if i were Devitt i wouldn't want to run the risk of losing my spot, when WWE brings in so many talented wrestlers at once.
"Balor Club" could also be his vehicle to Superstardom.

Just as The Shield and the Wyatt family have been vehicles to get highly regarded NXT talent over, Balor Club could be that next one.

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 pm

I've been reading all those comments and there is almost no talk of wwe since the beggining and I think that this can be a huge game changer, even when we're talking about Wrestlemania. I mean since since Orton, Cena, Rollins and a lot of guys are injured they may even try debuting Balor Club early to set up some huge storylines for WM. Think about it. Since in this this year's rumble we're not getting a title challenger, then the discussion for him is wide open (because we even don't know how they are name him). What if they'll try to get Balor Club for mania? They cen even create some huge stable feud

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:19 pm

elloziom wrote:I've been reading all those comments and there is almost no talk of wwe since the beggining and I think that this can be a huge game changer, even when we're talking about Wrestlemania. I mean since since Orton, Cena, Rollins and a lot of guys are injured they may even try debuting Balor Club early to set up some huge storylines for WM. Think about it. Since in this this year's rumble we're not getting a title challenger, then the discussion for him is wide open (because we even don't know how they are name him). What if they'll try to get Balor Club for mania? They cen even create some huge stable feud
While all of that sounds great and all that's just not how WWE does things. Especially with Vince at the helm. He sees more value in Ronda Rousey and Stephanie McMahon at Wrestlemania moreso than anyone on his own roster not named Brock Lesnar or John Cena so it's doubtful he'll see any dollar signs in these "unknown indy/japan talent" as he'll more than likely look at him. Plus, there is no doubt in my mind HHH got these guys to sell out HIS shows come Wrestlemania weekend. Now Vince was at last year's show in San Jose so if he checks them out again this year I can see a few debuts the day after Wrestlemania.

wac

Post by wac » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:42 pm

I really doubt Fale is gonna work in the WWE, just wasting roster spots on stiffs at this point.

Looks like my wishing on a cursed monkey paw for Omega bumped up to heavyweight and taking the G1 slots of Fale or Gallows, and no more Kingdom/Guns and Gallows had some real results, though.

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:54 pm

phenom951 wrote:
elloziom wrote:I've been reading all those comments and there is almost no talk of wwe since the beggining and I think that this can be a huge game changer, even when we're talking about Wrestlemania. I mean since since Orton, Cena, Rollins and a lot of guys are injured they may even try debuting Balor Club early to set up some huge storylines for WM. Think about it. Since in this this year's rumble we're not getting a title challenger, then the discussion for him is wide open (because we even don't know how they are name him). What if they'll try to get Balor Club for mania? They cen even create some huge stable feud
While all of that sounds great and all that's just not how WWE does things. Especially with Vince at the helm. He sees more value in Ronda Rousey and Stephanie McMahon at Wrestlemania moreso than anyone on his own roster not named Brock Lesnar or John Cena so it's doubtful he'll see any dollar signs in these "unknown indy/japan talent" as he'll more than likely look at him. Plus, there is no doubt in my mind HHH got these guys to sell out HIS shows come Wrestlemania weekend. Now Vince was at last year's show in San Jose so if he checks them out again this year I can see a few debuts the day after Wrestlemania.
Normally I would've felt the same way, but now Vince is almost out of wrestlers. Just think about that. What big 4 matches (it's usually like 4 big matches) can we have for mania?? If I'm not the wrong this the full list of guys that mean at least a shit now:
-Lesnar
-Reigns
-Sheamus
-Triple H
-Taker
-Wyatt
-Owens
-Del Rio
- Ambrose
- Sheamus
- Ziggler
- Ryback
Can you make 4 matches out of those that would make anyone care? If they ain't gonna bring back some rock/bryan/sting then there is no way they even do 60k, not even talking about 100k. Oh and in the original post I forgot one thing to mention. Am I the only one that thinks Nak is trying to do the same thing Lesnar did one year ago?

bristol08

Post by bristol08 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:20 pm

elloziom wrote:Normally I would've felt the same way, but now Vince is almost out of wrestlers. Just think about that. What big 4 matches (it's usually like 4 big matches) can we have for mania?? If I'm not the wrong this the full list of guys that mean at least a shit now:
-Lesnar
-Reigns
-Sheamus
-Triple H
-Taker
-Wyatt
-Owens
-Del Rio
- Ambrose
- Sheamus
- Ziggler
- Ryback
Can you make 4 matches out of those that would make anyone care? If they ain't gonna bring back some rock/bryan/sting then there is no way they even do 60k, not even talking about 100k. Oh and in the original post I forgot one thing to mention. Am I the only one that thinks Nak is trying to do the same thing Lesnar did one year ago?
Its hard to get meaningful matches out of that crop.

If WWE had booked well (hot take they haven't!) you would potentially have big meaning matches like Reigns vs Lesnar, Ambrose vs Owens, but even then thats only two big matches plus Taker's retirement. At the moment that have it looking like Reigns Vs Triple H, Taker vs Lesnar II nothing else that means anything because they will have done Ambrose vs Owens to death by Wrestlemania and no else is a top tier player.

Nackamura vs Owens and Styles vs Ambrose could be two big time matches if built right, so the new guys I think will be key but they will probably be in NXT and miss this but thats WWE.
@theow45

bristol08

Post by bristol08 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:23 pm

supersonic wrote:Gallows likely has friends in the office and locker room that want him.
Doc Gallows best worker in wrestling right now from a business standpoint haha. Wrestlers should take note, how to get the best out of doing not much.
@theow45

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:55 pm

elloziom wrote:
phenom951 wrote:
Normally I would've felt the same way, but now Vince is almost out of wrestlers. Just think about that. What big 4 matches (it's usually like 4 big matches) can we have for mania?? If I'm not the wrong this the full list of guys that mean at least a shit now:
-Lesnar
-Reigns
-Sheamus
-Triple H
-Taker
-Wyatt
-Owens
-Del Rio
- Ambrose
- Sheamus
- Ziggler
- Ryback
Honestly, no I can't do much with that crop. But in Vince's mindset every one of those guys is a bigger deal than everyone down in NXT. Vince thinks that anyone not in WWE is unknown or in obscurity. I mean look what he said about Sting and that guy had WCW fame. Now to me, ever one of those guys (NJPW talent) is a big deal sans Gallows. But to Vince, they aren't Wrestlemania level stars and even with the roster depleted I don't think he'll change a thing about WM 32.

But I'll try and make a card with those guys just cuz it's fun. Now I still think John Cena is gonna be at Wrestlemania and they're gonna do everything they can to get The Rock there but I won't use either here.

Triple H vs Roman Reigns - ugh, by the way
Bray Wyatt vs Brock Lesnar
Chris Jericho vs Dean Ambrose - adding Jericho that Night Of Champions crap has to lead to something right?
Undertaker vs Kevin Owens
Everyone else throw them in the annual ladder spotfest.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:00 pm

rovert wrote:

The podcasts that were in the can apparently had a lot of swearing and such like. Not WWE friendly.
The amazing thing to me is - as you've noted - possible NXT signings know they have to keep clean social media long before they go to WWE and yet these guys were still doing this podcast the pretty much the same way they had always been doing up until word got out. (Not just the sexual or gross stuff. The 09/11 episode!) It's looks like the deal had been in the works for a while, but the guys felt the deal was so safe that they didn't need to take the same precautions or others (or maybe they would've been nearly as OK with their alternatives if something did happen.)

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:41 pm

elloziom wrote:[

-Lesnar
-Reigns
-Sheamus
-Triple H
-Taker
-Wyatt
-Owens
-Del Rio
- Ambrose
- Sheamus
- Ziggler
- Ryback
Matches I'd care for as big 4 matches:

Lesnar vs. Reigns
Lesnar vs. Owens
Reigns vs. Triple H
Reigns vs. Ambrose
Reigns vs. Taker
Triple H vs. Owens
Triple H vs. Ambrose
Taker vs. Owens

I'd have to imagine you also have to at least tentatively consider Rock, Jericho and maybe even Styles in the equation for the show.

If all those three were in play, today, I'd make this the top 4:

Rock vs. Brock
Reigns vs. Triple H
Taker vs. Owens
Styles vs. Jericho

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:42 pm

mlev76 wrote:
elloziom wrote:[

-Lesnar
-Reigns
-Sheamus
-Triple H
-Taker
-Wyatt
-Owens
-Del Rio
- Ambrose
- Sheamus
- Ziggler
- Ryback
Matches I'd care for as big 4 matches:

Lesnar vs. Reigns
Lesnar vs. Owens
Reigns vs. Triple H
Reigns vs. Ambrose
Reigns vs. Taker
Triple H vs. Owens
Triple H vs. Ambrose
Taker vs. Owens

I'd have to imagine you also have to at least tentatively consider Rock, Jericho and maybe even Styles in the equation for the show.

If all those three were in play, today, I'd make this the top 4:

Rock vs. Brock
Reigns vs. Triple H
Taker vs. Owens
Styles vs. Jericho
And as a separate note, if they don't bring Bryan back for Mania at this point, pretty much a certainty that he is done for good.