WWE raids NJPW talent

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rwa2play

Re: WWE raids NJPW talent

Post by rwa2play » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:48 pm

Let's just all calm down and act surprised when it does happen.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:01 pm

I'm gonna throw a "grumpy old man fit" when it happens, and i don't even care.

When can we start calling Nakamura a traitor? I'm just about ready to get the pitchforks. I don't even care that i'm being unreasonable.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Morten VH wrote:I'm gonna throw a "grumpy old man fit" when it happens, and i don't even care.

When can we start calling Nakamura a traitor? I'm just about ready to get the pitchforks. I don't even care that i'm being unreasonable.
Funny you mention "traitor", because there's a lot to discuss there. Nakamura held grudge against Shibata for leaving a decade ago, held him (w/ Tanahashi) back after the comeback, but now Shinsuke is leaving to direct competition who just launched the Network in Japan. That makes Shinsuke quite a two-faced asshole.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:32 pm

JML

Post by JML » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:53 pm

rovert wrote:
This is a big fucking deal. Rocky got a 2 year contract instead of a traditional one. Rocky's been with them for a long time (Havana Pitbulls days) Only time he wasn't there was when Simon Inoki let him go.

wac

Post by wac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:07 pm

If you told me a week ago that between Rocky Romero and Nakamura, Romero would be the one re-upping for two years and Nakamura would be the one leaving for WWE...

wac

Post by wac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:21 pm

Also, think of all the ex-WWE guys who have reinvented themselves or revived their careers since leaving - Chris Hero, Matt Sydal, Drew Galloway, Brian Cage, Kenny Omega, Shelton Benjamin, Trent Barretta, John Morrison, probably others I can't think of right now - and the alumnus they're bringing back is Doc Gallows.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:34 pm

Gallows likely has friends in the office and locker room that want him.

wac

Post by wac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:41 pm

supersonic wrote:Gallows likely has friends in the office and locker room that want him.
I know why it happened, I just think it's funny.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:05 am

I'm glad Rocky got a great deal out of all this, dude makes me laugh. Working as a trainer for NXT is a good deal, but I'd rather see the Tensai and the Norman Smileys than just know that they work there.

I'm really only excited for Karl Anderson, WWE's not the best booking Asian wrestlers (though Tajiri the got right) and AJ and Gallows didn't have the best WWE experience up to this point. Hopefully they can get them right.

wac

Post by wac » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:31 am

The main sign to me will be if they let them be who they are try to repackage them as "WWE superstars." Changing their names, work style, finishers would be a huge blunder.

rwa2play

Post by rwa2play » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:43 am

wac wrote:The main sign to me will be if they let them be who they are try to repackage them as "WWE superstars." Changing their names, work style, finishers would be a huge blunder.
Doubt it; maybe to the "WWE Universe" they might not know who Karl and Doc are/were but AJ's a different story due to his TNA past and his Japan run.

In any case, if Triple H is thinking about reuniting Doc and Karl with Finn for "Balor Club" not sure if it's the best idea to name change.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:57 am

Chismo wrote:
Morten VH wrote:I'm gonna throw a "grumpy old man fit" when it happens, and i don't even care.

Funny you mention "traitor", because there's a lot to discuss there. Nakamura held grudge against Shibata for leaving a decade ago, held him (w/ Tanahashi) back after the comeback, but now Shinsuke is leaving to direct competition who just launched the Network in Japan. That makes Shinsuke quite a two-faced asshole.
That's true. And i'd say WWE is far more direct competition, than MMA was back then. So really Nakamura deserves some kind of critique for his previous comments. That's very hypocritical of him. But i still feel like Nakamura will be welcomed back with open arms in a couple of years, even if he's completely broken at that point.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:57 am

Fale has either received his formal offer from WWE or will soon.

Tonga I was told has not, and there is no word that he will, but my source expected that to change.

"Devitt wants everybody to jump. Everybody."

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:08 am

You'd think all these guys coming in, would threaten Devitt's place in the company. He doesn't make it easier on himself that's for sure. But then again, maybe he wants to put together a new Kliq that can run the place together. Surely such a huge group of guys would control any locker room. I have no idea what's going through his mind, but if i were Devitt i wouldn't want to run the risk of losing my spot, when WWE brings in so many talented wrestlers at once.