Seth Rollins injured - Survivor Series Title Tournament!

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Seth Rollins injured - Survivor Series Title Tournament!

Post by Rob McCarron » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:55 pm

It's 1998's Deadly Games all over again! What do you think might happen at WWE Survivor Series now?
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Re: Seth Rollins injured - Survivor Series Title Tournament!

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Sheamus wins title on European tour

Reigns wins title from Sheamus

abrasiveobelisksa

Post by abrasiveobelisksa » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:59 pm

It's a 4-man tournament, Face Reigns wins the title, Sheamus cashes in.

Darkest timeline.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Please get Danielson clearned for WM32. This puts a major damper on that show for me as I was really anticipating whatever Rollins would be doing on there. We need someone to go on a showstealer roll for several years and take HBK's Mr. WM throne.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Has to be Sheamus cash-in, right? I have no clue who Reigns faces in the finals though.

This really sucks. Despite being stuck with shit Authority storylines and material to work with, I thought Rollins always got the most he could out of it and he's had a damn solid year in-ring. That's Cena, Orton, Rusev, and now Rollins all gone for the time being.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:12 pm

At this point, the only bad choices are Kane and Show.

Either they put the belt on someone who's been waiting, they give it to an established guy who can do something interesting (whether that's Cena, Brock, Taker or I guess even Sheamus) or they completely shake things up with someone off the wall. I get why people are saying this is the worst timing, but at the same time it's going to force their hand in shaking things up somewhat and doing something different from the Rollins reign.

JML

Post by JML » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:21 pm

I feel like Cena will be back on Survivor Series per Vince's orders/panicking. He might not win but he'll at least be in the tournament.

Plus if he's in Florida just sitting at home with Nikki, he's getting the call to save the show.

H.U.S.T.L.E.

Post by H.U.S.T.L.E. » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:25 pm

cbacon87 wrote:At this point, the only bad choices are Kane and Show.

Either they put the belt on someone who's been waiting, they give it to an established guy who can do something interesting (whether that's Cena, Brock, Taker or I guess even Sheamus) or they completely shake things up with someone off the wall. I get why people are saying this is the worst timing, but at the same time it's going to force their hand in shaking things up somewhat and doing something different from the Rollins reign.
Agreed. If they have the guts to do it, I think the best outcome for them is to face off Ambrose vs. Reigns in the finals. My preferred options for the outcome:

Ambrose goes full lunatic on Reigns. Reigns is still babyface and the chase begins again as another friend turns on him.

OR

Reigns screws over Ambrose, with the Usos as the muscle. Let Reigns off the leash on the mic and he can say what he really thinks about the fans who turned on him.

LoneXI

Post by LoneXI » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:25 pm

I've already been fantasy booking the tournament. There are only two logical outcomes to me: Roman wins the tournament, or Roman wins the tournament and Sheamus cashes in at the end of the show. Regardless, an 8-man tournament would seem the best route to go.

With 7 matches on the card, odds are that there won't be a US and IC title match. Either/or seems more likely, and since they're building Del Rio right now, it seems likely he'd have a match with someone else. Maybe a Cesaro. So here's who could be in:

Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
King Barrett
Kevin Owens
Ryback
Neville (maybe)
Del Rio (maybe)
Cesaro (maybe)
Stardust (probably not)
Rusev (if he's not hurt)

Reigns, Owens, Ziggler and either Sheamus or Ambrose would be my picks to get out of the first round. All bets are off if Cena decides to come back from purgatory/vacation.

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:28 pm

A perfect end to the perfect title reign.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:29 pm

I don't want to get my hopes up because odds are it's going to suck. I think we are going to fantasy book all these great scenarios when at the end of the day it's either going to end up being Sheamus or Face Reigns (Although Heel Reigns would be cool let's be honest people it's not happening. Were working ourselves into a shoot).
Last edited by dancecab on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Yeesh, poor Seth, that's a miserable injury to recover from.

As for the tournament, who knows what they'll do, but I'd be stunned if it at all involved a Roman heel turn.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:47 pm

That's really sad news. For everyone.

It's tough to speculate without fantasy booking. Realistically it could be a legend (Lesnar, Cena). It could also be an established player like Sheamus, Reigns, Del Rio, and maybe Ambrose.

I'll ask this honestly: It's Vince, so anything's possible, but is there anyone else on the current roster he'd realistically give it to to shake things up? I can't really see a Ziggler or a Ryback or Cesaro at all. I could get myself to believe that they could get behind Owens as an asshole double-champ. Maybe.

EDIT: This is also really going to screw up the actual Survivor Series match(es?). At this happened before they announced the teams, that would have really tied them up.
Last edited by Garuda on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benno

Post by Benno » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:57 pm

It's just not in line with their thinking to have TV built around anything but the Authority, so somebody has to turn and be their new golden boy. It's also not in line with their thinking to turn Roman though, so it has to be Ambrose I think.

Or they'll go with Sheamus. Probably Sheamus.

trebby

Post by trebby » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:05 pm

What are Triple H's odds? Whatever they are, I'll take them.