WWE NXT 2015

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: WWE NXT 2015

Post by rovert » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:49 pm

There's Bandido Jr reporting to NXT.

I may come across like I am saying HIRE EVERYONE but if would have asked to name four and only four female wrestlers NXT should have hired last year it would be: Billie Kay, Athena, Evie and Nikki Storm. Like themib I am really interested in how Evie comes across. I think Evie has the same ability to connect with crowds Bayley does potential. Just an energetic, youthful babyface wrestler.

Thought Eva Marie and Cameron reporting to NXT was interesting this week. You have to view stuff like this through the lens of WWE Breaking Ground is currently filming. It is a pretty harsh and cruel show. They may have brought Cameron in to show a struggling wrestler's one last chance or something of that nature.

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:02 am

What the FUCK is Nia Jax wearing now? That is not flattering at all.

brandonbitw

Post by brandonbitw » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:50 am

Not gonna lie...when I first saw the talk about "Evie", I thought we were talking Ivelisse. Got kinda amped.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:59 am

In terms of offence, Evie was only able to get a few kicks off, but in terms of selling and ring presence, she did more than enough to impress management. And I saw a load of tweets about new fans being impressed by her and saying how gorgeous she is. Tell me you wouldn't want to market that.

As for the rest of the show, good work in establishing some TV challengers with it being a while until the next Takeover. Appears the Full Sail fans are rallying behind Tyler Breeze now, as they're seeing how much he loses in big matches. But as shown with Cesaro, you shouldn't really chase lost causes that much.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:31 pm

themib wrote:In terms of offence, Evie was only able to get a few kicks off, but in terms of selling and ring presence, she did more than enough to impress management. And I saw a load of tweets about new fans being impressed by her and saying how gorgeous she is. Tell me you wouldn't want to market that.
There's weirdos that will probably disagree but Evie is a huge upgrade on Blue Pants in the ring. And given time she'll get over in NXT big time. We will see in a few weeks/months just how good of a job Evie did. The live event reports about Jax weren't kind. Jax has cool leather gear but for some reason she wore that 80s Christmas wrapping paper number. The mind boggles.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Reads like something on the back of an old ROH DVD box.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:47 pm

I was thinking the same thing about Evie, thought she showed a lot. Even though I knew she was there to be killed, I still found myself hoping she could do something against Nia Jax.

Jax was interesting enough, don't really care about ring gear or any of that kind of stuff. She's different from the usual women that come through WWE, and she may well end up marketable because of her appearance. I thought she looked solid as a worker, and found myself wondering how a program with her and Bayley would go.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:37 pm

There's so much going on. WWE wants the Inner City Machine Guns according to the Wrestling Observer:
- The announcement of a second Lucha Underground season came as a surprise to people in WWE as they were interested in three wrestlers who are under contract to the promotion. Two of the names are Angelico and Ricochet, who lives in Orlando and is Apollo Crews' roommate. There was already talk of fast-tracking him to matches with NXT Champion Finn Balor if they could get him signed but he's got a 7 year deal with Lucha Underground, where he currently works as Prince Puma.
Also Lucha Underground has joined the list of promotions who want to sign The Young Bucks along with ROH, New Japan and WWE. Worth nothing is that apparently the Bucks have stopped taking bookings in the mid January. Early to mid January is when their New Japan deals expire.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Brian Kendrick seemingly has finally been finally signed as a full time trainer at the Performance Center.

Wouldn't be surprised they backed out of signing James Storm.

JML

Post by JML » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:13 pm

The thing that surprised me about Angelico was how big he was height wise compared to the Indy guys in PWG. Watching AAA Tv doesn't really give himself justice.

With James Storm, if they pulled the article of him off of the website then we know they backed out of the deal.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:42 am

JML

Post by JML » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:50 am

https://twitter.com/gravenbabies/status ... 2431536128

Seems like they are putting Eva in the ring with Asuka after all.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Would not be shocked to see Nia Jax to get paired with Eva Marie as a team if Eva Marie as a performer remains a thing. You can run tag matches, hide the flaws...

Appears the Full Sail crowd are going to push for Tyler Breeze to stop being the gatekeeper. For all the negativity towards Full Sail, they do have a certain notion of a "meritocracy" for whom they get behind. Tyler's been cooled off for a while, and his job as designated whipping boy is no longer under their radar.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Nia Jax is a weird thing. The commentary didn't really place her along the babyface or heel divide. If anything they presented her as babyface-ish. But they put her against quintessential babyfaces at the NXT tapings - Evie and Kay Lee Ray when believe me they would have had their pick of women given the amount of them backstage and by rearranging what was already booked.

samptime

Post by samptime » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Got tickets for NXT Newcastle with my brother - looking forward to that.

Surely they'll use some UK talent on that tour.