WWE NXT 2015

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
DETROIT_KEJB

Re: WWE NXT 2015

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:55 am

Good thing NXT presaled all those tickets. Putting out garbage like tonight's episode.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:07 pm

WrestlingInc:
- We can confirm that independent wrestler Bandido Jr, will be starting work with WWE soon, likely as a referee. Bandido tried out for the company in February, and will be finishing up his independent dates in August, before reporting to NXT for work in September.
Like I've said in the past September is the next NXT induction period.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:54 pm

What a brutal episode.

That Eva Marie match was exactly what I'd expect an Eva Marie match to look like. Oh lord.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 pm

It was even worse how the announcers were forcing the narrative of how great she is now. I know it's their job, but it isn't any less infuriating to listen to.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Eva Marie would be a lot better if she ditched some of the flashier moves from her arsenal. She isn't athletic enough to do a Sliced Bread #2. She needs to do other kinds of moves, she should be throwing strikes and doing more powerful stuff instead of running around like she's a possible high flyer. She's just far too slow to do any of the really flashy stuff.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:03 pm

That body stretch she went to twice was obviously a crutch when she has no clue what else to do. It looks terrible. There was no tension on the move at all.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:12 pm

DETROIT_KEJB wrote:Good thing NXT presaled all those tickets. Putting out garbage like tonight's episode.
Eh yeah Eva is awful, but there was some good setups in this episode. Joe and Corbin having squash matches, Vaudvillians getting a good win, Bayley going the Sami Zayn route for the Women's Championship, contract signing (can I just say that I hope that as NXT gets bigger, they'll start touring more and stop going to fullsail because fuck that entitled group of jagoffs), and that Alexa Bliss BAMF promo was great.

dcfranklin

Post by dcfranklin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 pm

RE: ROH/NXT Texas dates...

San Antonio gets ROH shows once, maybe twice, a year and do pretty good business (they've sold out the past few times they've run here). I've got my tickets and I can't possibly be bothered to attend an NXT Live show here in summer of 2015. I would like to think most hardcore fans would choose AJ, The Bucks, Roddy and Briscoe over Bull Dempsey and a bag of Doritos and fucking Blue Pants.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Man this stuff with NXT selling out the Barclays is craziness. Honestly with this, the "it's still developmental" argument is just completely invalidated.

Only thing good on this week of NXT was Emma vs Bayley

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Quentin Moody wrote:Man this stuff with NXT selling out the Barclays is craziness. Honestly with this, the "it's still developmental" argument is just completely invalidated.

And Simon Gotch's kick counters were pretty great.

How much is that Barclay's sellout being scalpers though?

Hagan

Post by Hagan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:08 am

Thought this week's show had great energy. Easily the best Joe has looked. He was moving much faster and just looked crisper. Wonder if he was working off a nagging injury from the last tapings. He was moving like 2 steps faster.

I am really looking forward to Devin going off on Dana. I am also a fan on the Dana accent. Love me some "championchips."

Not high on the Eva Marie experience. She certainly got through the match okay and I think she could certainly get through a 2 minute bra and panties '99 Raw special, but working an actual match with psychology is just far, far out of her comfort zone. Why don't they just pair her up with someone as a heater? Put her and Tyler Breeze on the main rooster as model socialites and it'd get over quick. She can come in and do a shiranui and call it a day.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:10 am

Quentin Moody wrote:Man this stuff with NXT selling out the Barclays is craziness. Honestly with this, the "it's still developmental" argument is just completely invalidated.

For years, WWE developmental was just that...it was just a little Indy. I have no doubt that was their intentions with NXT. Just to remain a little spot to develop talent...then, uh...people starting liking it because it was such a stark contrast and alternative to what the WWE was offering on their other 9 hours of televised wrestling...it quickly grew faster than I think even those down there expected.

I recall trying to get Lanza and Rich on board with NXT back on another board in another life...it used to be this niche hidden gem...those were the days. /nxthipster.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:23 am

BoxingRobes wrote:

For years, WWE developmental was just that...it was just a little Indy. I have no doubt that was their intentions with NXT. Just to remain a little spot to develop talent...then, uh...people starting liking it because it was such a stark contrast and alternative to what the WWE was offering on their other 9 hours of televised wrestling...it quickly grew faster than I think even those down there expected.

I recall trying to get Lanza and Rich on board with NXT back on another board in another life...it used to be this niche hidden gem...those were the days. /nxthipster.
Haha oh yeah I remember those old NXT days, watching on Hulu where no one really cared about it. I always enjoyed it, but to see what it's become now is mind boggling. They've rode this thing to heights that never seemed possible.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:52 am

You know what I can't believe how long Tyler Breeze and Jason Jordan have been in developmental man they have been there when nxt was FCW and Abraham Washington was in developmental.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:28 am

FilipPejic wrote:You know what I can't believe how long Tyler Breeze and Jason Jordan have been in developmental man they have been there when nxt was FCW and Abraham Washington was in developmental.
I'm not sure Tyler Breeze as much left to prove or to gain from continuing to work in NXT...but on the flip side...he gets to work with Liger, which is pretty cool and should be a fun match.

Breeze should have had vignettes playing on RAW/Smackdown for months before his arrival. Old school style vignettes showing him doing model things with good looking people in unique locales around the world. Even show his music video at some point.