WWE NXT 2015

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Re: WWE NXT 2015

Post by Rob McCarron » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Because they are full time employees, they don't get tested under the Wellness Policy. Florida is an at-will state.
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:46 am

Padje wrote:
mlev76 wrote:So, Takeover London is, what?:

Balor vs. Joe
Crewes vs. Corbin
Asuka vs. Emma

It is not clear where the Tag titles and Women's title programs are going and if we will see any other matches. I hope they get Gable and Jordan on the show even if it's a non-title match. Maybe even a Zayn return?
Enzo and Cass vs Dawson and Dash would make sense. And Nia vs Bayley, which is a disappointment for me as someone with tickets. I guess Asuka vs Emma will be the barnstormer women's match.

Blake and Murphy vs Jordan and Gable vs Vaudevillains (vs maybe Hype Bros) would make sense for the live crowd/the next week's NXT.
I feel like they boxed themselves in with Asuka destroying Brooke as she would be, in my opinion, a good opponent for Bayley right now. I would have been ok with Bliss too, but they're blowing that off next week it appears. I'm not sold on Jax as anything but a long term project at this point and I think they need to get her better gear fast. The Kong pseudo outfit doesn't accentuate her character; it just makes her look dumpy, which is crazy when you consider how pretty of a face she has.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:43 am

Of note from the Orlando show last night:

"Oscar" finally debuted. He is Oscar Vasquez, formerly known as Magno in a match with Bull Dempsey. Supposedly he did well.

The main event was 5 on 5 Survivor Series Style match: Team Crews (Apollo Crews, Jason Jordan, Chad Gable, and The Vaudevillains) def. Team Corbin (Baron Corbin, Blake and Murphy, Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder)

Crews was the sole Survivor with the order of elimination:
- Chad Gable by Scott Dawson
- Dash Wilder by Aiden English
- Simon Gotch by Buddy Murphy
- Buddy Murphy by Jason Jordan
- Jason Jordan by Wesley Blake
- Aiden English by Scott Dawson
- Scott Dawson by Apollo Crews
- Wesley Blake by Apollo Crews
- Baron Corbin by Apollo Crews

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:14 am

This was a pretty sad story all in all.

I got in trouble with people who know her just for retweeting the original story. Just I can't over emphasize how upset her friends/coworkers were at the prospect of her reputation being ruined. She's spends all her time with her boyfriend and is kind of a home body. In total contrast to what was written. I know you have to grow a thick skin in Wrestling or in public life in general. But Alexa really takes things to heart. The circulation of fake nudes hit her hard (understandable) but another thing that got to her was when she was a babyface she got booed out of the building in her homestate when she wrestled Sasha Banks in Ohio - it was a super smark crowd. Apparently that was the impetus for her wanting to change character/go heel.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Good episode this week. I am intrigued by the (apparent) match-ups for London and how we're getting there. Admittedly, expected it to be Finn who turned heel and not Joe, but not going the way I expected doesn't mean it's bad. Shocked by the quick switch to Dash/Dawson, but I guess strike while the iron is hot? I feel like Dash/Dawson vs Lucha Dragons would be an epic, epic program.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:09 pm

If Bliss wants to be in the public eye, she needs to grow thicker skin. It is that simple.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Still perplexed at the Gunn firing. Gunn sets a bad example by using hormone replacement therapy, but HHH doesn't?

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:51 pm

Triple H is clean, brah.
Shake Them Ropes

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:05 am

Rule number one of the PC: Do not question the Paul.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:23 am

mprentice84 wrote:If Bliss wants to be in the public eye, she needs to grow thicker skin. It is that simple.
She'd be wise to avoid lowest common denominator reporting. No need to even glance at low hanging fruit.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:39 pm

supersonic wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:If Bliss wants to be in the public eye, she needs to grow thicker skin. It is that simple.
She'd be wise to avoid lowest common denominator reporting. No need to even glance at low hanging fruit.

Absolutely.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:19 am

syxxpakk wrote:Good episode this week. I am intrigued by the (apparent) match-ups for London and how we're getting there. Admittedly, expected it to be Finn who turned heel and not Joe, but not going the way I expected doesn't mean it's bad. Shocked by the quick switch to Dash/Dawson, but I guess strike while the iron is hot? I feel like Dash/Dawson vs Lucha Dragons would be an epic, epic program.
The UK show is going to be interesting, the only thing I'm really curious about is whether we get a triangle or 4 way tag match for the Tag Team Titles. Something like Enzo & Cass/Jordan & Gable/The Mechanics/The Vaudevillains or Dubstep Bros seems like a possibility. And I really don't blame them for getting the belts off The Vaudevillains, while they've improved, they just aren't all that interesting as workers and need a better gimmick. They also got a great reaction in Brooklyn winning the titles, but that had just as much to do with The Dubstep Bros and Alexa being great heels, and attaching Blue Pants to them, as it did with their work (granted it was probably their best tag match to date). Once they got back to Full Sail, their reactions subsided pretty quickly, might as well get the belts off of them and onto a team that's been great and are even better heels than Blake and Murphy.

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:49 am

If I had to guess right now, this is what I'd expect the Takeover: London card to be.

Samoa Joe vs Finn Bálor
Baron Corbin vs Apollo Crews
Eva Marie vs Bayley
Dash & Dawson vs Gable & Jordan
Asuka vs Emma

Probably one more match, but no idea who they give it to. Plus, Tyler Breeze is still advertised for the show so maybe he fits in somewhere putting over one of the new guys.
Shake Them Ropes

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:01 am

Dana Brooke vs Nia might makes its way onto the card. Dana has been advertised for the UK tour for a while now, and I see her making it on the takeover in some capacity.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Rob McCarron wrote:If I had to guess right now, this is what I'd expect the Takeover: London card to be.

Samoa Joe vs Finn Bálor
Baron Corbin vs Apollo Crews
Eva Marie vs Bayley
Dash & Dawson vs Gable & Jordan
Asuka vs Emma

Probably one more match, but no idea who they give it to. Plus, Tyler Breeze is still advertised for the show so maybe he fits in somewhere putting over one of the new guys.
I would think (hope) they don't rush to D&D vs. Gable and Jordan. I feel like that is an eventual title change match and one which they can use to help define the tag division as something important. If they are able to work, I feel like Enzo and Cass are better title match opponents today and have Gable and Jordan in maybe a multi team match?