WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

WWE NXT 2015

Post by rovert » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Might as well start with this:

K. Hare

Re: WWE NXT 2015

Post by K. Hare » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Very interested to see if they are running the full building or if it is a smaller setup.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah there's a lot of questions. I wonder how it will be priced vs Summerslam tickets. Will it be a 2 hour show, a 3 hour show or like that San Jose show that went all night.

Hollaplaya

Post by Hollaplaya » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Dave said they are setting it up for 5000. I am still wondering who will be on this show and can they get by with the current roster given the !market and the weekend.

JML

Post by JML » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:31 am

I'm very interested how much the tickets will be cause I might go and I haven't been to a live WWE event since 2008.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:25 pm

There's been a lot of meh with many of the lowercard Takeover matches, so I think it would be a huge risk to go three hours for the live broadcast. Keep it at two.

Since these will be mostly matches of importance, you can get away with charging the $100 tickets. Summerslam's lowest is $30 plus fees, so it shouldn't be any higher than $20, and I'd consider making it $15 to help ensure selling out to capacity. On that note, I'd also bring in many of the upper main roster guys. Have a 10 person post-broadcast dark match.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:23 pm

After numerous guest trainer stints:

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:41 pm

People are probably tired of me saying it, but they really need to have these trainers work matches on the road with the most inexperienced talent. It would go a long, long way.

DanTheDazzler

Post by DanTheDazzler » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:57 pm

Or even mix up the bigger names. Would changing Bálor vs Owens at Venice Beach to say Bálor and Knox vs Owens and Gable really hurt their business? I mean stuff like that should be completely obvious.

With their current system it's no wonder the home grown crop aren't developing as much as they hoped.

Jove

Post by Jove » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:53 pm

That was probably the best I've seen the Vaudevillains, even if the first 3-4 minutes were typically awkward as fuck and the end result is just average. And I say that as someone that adores this gimmick. They're still far from connecting with the crowd in the ring, but I feel like their offense is slowly, glacially, gaining some coherency and impact.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:55 am

I think English is really good at projecting himself and really solid in the ring. And this week they showed signs that they can do the gimmick without it being complete comedy. They could be in the Matadors role on WWE TV and it'd be fine, they're not necessarily going to be Emma (although once WWE's writing team see them and get creative ideas, who knows). They do seem like they're still trying to find some double teams that actually work though.

The booking is really going to have to be stepped up this next taping. Right now they've got Owens/Balor announced for Takeover and Enzo and Cass winning the title in Brooklyn seems like a lock to me. Outside that, there's basically nobody involved in anything meaningful right now. I almost think it'd be good to add some main roster guys who aren't doing anything at Summerslam, just to fill the card. But that's a fine line to walk as far as not making it seem inauthentic. If it's Cesaro, I doubt anyone'd mind, but you can't just have Curtis Axel or Heath Slater show up for a month because then people are going to see right through it.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:01 am

Sasha Banks vs Emma will probably be on the next takeover. Maybe Sasha vs Charlotte if they are going to have Banks in the main event. I could see them debuting Uhaa that night as well.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:43 am

They really need to play with show structure and the types of matches on the show.

These "Performance Center Babies" working the same match over and over and over is never going to get them better. NXT's weekly show, I feel was more enjoyable back in the pre Network days (Am I an NXT hipster?)...the match structures varied and they pieced them together to form a more enjoyable show...or maybe I've got rose colored glasses. The show, now...the matches are really getting tiring...especially the tag matches and squashes...so bad.

Back when Big E was squashing everyone...at least the squashes were entertaining and the crowd was engaged.

Hollaplaya

Post by Hollaplaya » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:11 am

They need to beef up the current roster with people who can go in the ring. I understand this is developmental, but if you want to be a touring brand and if you want to go up against Ring of Honor then you have to step up your game. The match quality has gone down with guys like Neville being called up, Zayn being hurt and no Tyson Kidd. I think the tag division has also been hurting since the call up of the Lucha Dragons. It will only be worse once Owens is no longer there. It's mainly been the women carrying the in ring aspect.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:43 am

They've got tons if guys they could use. Move some guys down or have some new guys debut. They need to bring in more veterans, too...or have the trainers work some programs.

So many things they can do...but outside of the Indy All-Star team and the Four Horsewomen...it's the same style of shit every week.

Baron Corbin has been squashing dudes for a year now...they haven't evolved at all nor has he really gotten better...the tag teams have been working the same Tag Team'n 101 match for yearS (yes, plural). The non-horsewomen (throw Paige and Emma in there, too) chicks work the same match and they don't really get better. They lack any kind of mid-card singles and even if they did, they'd not give them something outside of their quarter segment on NXT.

It's just getting boring in the ring week to week...what was once an easy hour...is still easy but it's vanilla...not even French Vanilla...just vanilla. Yet...they've got a roster a mile long where they can diversify...but they continue to have these guys try and perfect a WWE two-star special.

Last complaint...someone has got to teach these big men how to work a lil stiff or throw some offense...these dudes are Charmin soft.