SCARY wrestlers!

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Alan4L

SCARY wrestlers!

Post by Alan4L » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Will be recording a DKP tomorrow night with THE FALCON, Mike Falcone. It's a Halloween Special discussing the scariest wrestlers ever. Anyone have any suggestions, or particularly scary stories or videos on youtube that they think we should watch?

WHO MADE YOU WEE YOURSELF AS A YOUNG LITTLE WRESTLING FAN???

NoLoudNoise

Re: SCARY wrestlers!

Post by NoLoudNoise » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:38 pm

There was a point where Goldust scared the shit out of me. Not Kane or Mankind, but Goldust. Looking back at the timeline it must have been IYH Breakdown where I remember going to see the ants movie that day and then refusing to watch Goldust's match, just waiting in my room until he was off the screen

I have no idea how long that lasted but I was legitimately glad when he got electrocuted on raw years after that.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:47 pm

Meng/Haku. Who wouldn't be scared of him?

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:04 pm

NoLoudNoise wrote:There was a point where Goldust scared the shit out of me. Not Kane or Mankind, but Goldust. Looking back at the timeline it must have been IYH Breakdown where I remember going to see the ants movie that day and then refusing to watch Goldust's match, just waiting in my room until he was off the screen

I have no idea how long that lasted but I was legitimately glad when he got electrocuted on raw years after that.
I was creeped out in a big way by both early era Goldust and TAFKA era Goldust when he was with Luna. Twas shocking stuff to a young innocent mind!

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:06 pm

IMAGINE Pentagon Jr not giving you the willies

benpas

Post by benpas » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 pm

As a kid there was an article in a PWI about Yoshi Kwan that haunted me for weeks. Particularly one picture of him where it looks like he was basically cutting some dudes head off. Imagine my disappointment when I grew up and found out he wasn't the scariest wrestler of all time

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:34 pm

Alan4L wrote:
NoLoudNoise wrote:There was a point where Goldust scared the shit out of me. Not Kane or Mankind, but Goldust. Looking back at the timeline it must have been IYH Breakdown where I remember going to see the ants movie that day and then refusing to watch Goldust's match, just waiting in my room until he was off the screen

I was creeped out in a big way by both early era Goldust and TAFKA era Goldust when he was with Luna. Twas shocking stuff to a young innocent mind!
My brain couldn't handle it either. I even remember asking my mom once why that wrestler had a ball in his mouth.

Needless to say I wasn't allowed to watch wrestling for a few weeks after that.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:35 pm

As a super young kid I remember images of Great Muta spraying mist in people's faces scaring me.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:56 pm

I'll get into it on the show, but anyone around my age (born in 1984) was still fairly young when Papa Shango came around. Between lighting the one dude's boots on fire and the other having a slime come out of him, it was scary shit.

Undertaker putting people in body bags in 91 gave me the willies too. I thought he was going to come to my house and do the same.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:58 pm

The Boogeyman scared as me a kid
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Mike wrote:Undertaker putting people in body bags in 91 gave me the willies too. I thought he was going to come to my house and do the same.
Yes!!

One of my earliest wrestling memories was thumbing through some WWF book in my library and seeing this pale dude stuffing a random guy into a bodybag. I was equal parts horrified and intrigued.

benpas

Post by benpas » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Mike wrote:Undertaker putting people in body bags in 91 gave me the willies too. I thought he was going to come to my house and do the same.
Yes!!

One of my earliest wrestling memories was thumbing through some WWF book in my library and seeing this pale dude stuffing a random guy into a bodybag. I was equal parts horrified and intrigued.
I just narrowly missed super bodybag Undertaker, but Ministry of Darkness Undertaker gave me the willies. That goddamn Mideon sacrifice

ConCon

Post by ConCon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:07 am

It's super obvious one, but early days Kane freaked me out as a kid. A mask covering the mouth really goes a long way to making someone look off-putting.
Especially when his Judgement Day 98 entrance was my first proper exposure to him

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:42 am

As someone who adored Rey Mysterio as a kid, The Great Khali scared me. I remember freaking out when he destroyed Rey in that non-title match on Smackdown in 2006. I'm sure no one else knows what I'm talking about but 2006 Smackdown is my jam. Anyways, Great Khali was pretty scary when he first debuted.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:14 am

InYourCase wrote:As someone who adored Rey Mysterio as a kid, The Great Khali scared me. I remember freaking out when he destroyed Rey in that non-title match on Smackdown in 2006. I'm sure no one else knows what I'm talking about but 2006 Smackdown is my jam. Anyways, Great Khali was pretty scary when he first debuted.
I remember that episode. He put Rey in a vise grip and blood was coming from Rey's mouth. That brings back memories. When they put that in a video package for Khali vs Batista or something it was even scarier.