The Official All Encompassing Johnny Gargano Thread

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Quentin Moody

Re: The Official All Encompassing Johnny Gargano Thread

Post by Quentin Moody » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:16 pm

At his worst, I can understand Gargano being boring to some people . At his peaks that Case and Rich pointed out, have a ton of great stuff. I'm not a huge fan of current Gargano, but he does have really good stuff to boast.

JohnnyGargano

Post by JohnnyGargano » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Hello Friends!

Someone brought this topic to my attention so I just had to chime in! Is it taboo for me to reply to this sort of thing? Maybe.. But it's 2015. We're all bored on the Internet so who cares?

My official response to any, and all of this? I strongly dislike Pistachios. I don't see the appeal. But I understand why some people enjoy them. Stephen Colbert seems to be quite fond of them.. so.. like what you like.. you can enjoy my work.. think I'm boring.. maybe even wish death upon me, and my family! But at the end of the day.. As long as you're supporting wrestling in some way, shape or form. We're cool. Keep doing your thing. We're all just dudes who like watching other dudes fight other dudes. Cool.

Alright. I have to go train kids at my school now. Maybe I'll bring some scissors, and cut their hair like mine seeing as you guys enjoy it so much! Soon they'll be a bunch of "Hitler hair" having, super kick "no selling", non grappling clones of me running around for you all to watch, and banter about! You're welcome.

PS: To brother Fray.. I appreciate the gimmick :) . Keep the banter alive, dawg. What a time to be alive!

PPS: prowrestlingtees.com/johnnygargano

Bye.

ceftaxias

Post by ceftaxias » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:05 pm

JohnnyGargano wrote:Hello Friends!

Someone brought this topic to my attention so I just had to chime in! Is it taboo for me to reply to this sort of thing? Maybe.. But it's 2015. We're all bored on the Internet so who cares?

My official response to any, and all of this? I strongly dislike Pistachios. I don't see the appeal. But I understand why some people enjoy them. Stephen Colbert seems to be quite fond of them.. so.. like what you like.. you can enjoy my work.. think I'm boring.. maybe even wish death upon me, and my family! But at the end of the day.. As long as you're supporting wrestling in some way, shape or form. We're cool. Keep doing your thing. We're all just dudes who like watching other dudes fight other dudes. Cool.

Alright. I have to go train kids at my school now. Maybe I'll bring some scissors, and cut their hair like mine seeing as you guys enjoy it so much! Soon they'll be a bunch of "Hitler hair" having, super kick "no selling", non grappling clones of me running around for you all to watch, and banter about! You're welcome.

PS: To brother Fray.. I appreciate the gimmick :) . Keep the banter alive, dawg. What a time to be alive!

Bye.
But can you name a dirtsheet?

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:12 pm

Now we're spamming threads with PWT links and #banter. I have 7 fingers on the mouse button, so ready to click that Red X button on this thread.
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Bye.
I think Fray has just been bantered in to submission. If Johnny would've asked him to name a dirt sheet I would've had to just quit this forum.

br26
VOW Staff Member

Post by br26 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 pm

I strongly dislike Pistachios. I don't see the appeal.
THANK YOU, it was about time someone said something about this.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:27 pm

Note to self: compare a wrestler to Hitler in any way and he shall appear.

samptime

Post by samptime » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:31 pm

I like Johnny - think he is a solid worker, and would be a good fit for NXT full-time.

I saw him live in the UK earlier this year, and I was impressed. Worked hard, got a good reaction from the crowd.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Fray very literally worked himself into a shoot.

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:33 pm

He always works hard, he has a bunch of innovative offense, his matches are pretty much all action, but Gargano matches usually leave me cold. There's so many of them where I feel like there's not much but moves, and I kind of end up just spacing out. It's weird, because I can enjoy a big action packed spotfest, but most of the time his work just never sticks with me. I do think he has a real natural likability (To people who don't hate his work/haircut).

Wait, if that post is the real Gargano, I change my mind, because that is awesome. Clean slate.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:41 pm

I've talked about Gargano at length on the show, so most of you know what I think. He's been involved in some of the best indie matches of the last half decade or so. Everything from the heel turn to the title loss in New Orleans (which was a MOTY contender and blew me away live) was top notch stuff and the best storytelling wwnlive has ever seen. His matches can be a little excessive sometimes, which would be my only major critique. Otherwise, he's a real talented guy who almost always delivers. He's been pretty great in his role in NXT, particularly bouncing around and bumping for the bigger dudes.

duyarvish

Post by duyarvish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:45 pm

I've made fun of a lot of wrestlers fashion senses but Ive never had one personally respond AND take it well, so God bless you Johnny Gargano

clingingmars

Post by clingingmars » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Bye.
The PS has me in tears laughing

CheezeWhiz

Post by CheezeWhiz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:36 pm

Johnny has had some great matches, but he's only as good as the guy he's working. His best matches (imo) are against more talented guys. That's fine, but when EVOLVE started to lean on him a bit too heavily, it's whatever. I don't like his promos, especially one he had against Page in their first EVOLVE match earlier in the year. As a face you have to have a topic better than "wrestling is great" or something something "this business."

He's fine up to a point, I guess.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:39 am

I've always enjoyed Johnny Gargano's work. He's not my absolute #1 favorite wrestler in the world, but every time he's on a card (whether it's Evolve, PWG, AIW, AAW, SMASH, or somewhere else), I know whatever he's doing is going to be at the very least, good (I have a hard time coming up with a bad match of his). His run as Open The Freedom Gate Champion was great, and he had so many awesome matches and moments, culminating in that AMAZING match with Ricochet in New Orleans that was brought up by Joe earlier. I had it on my VOW Match of the Year Ballot last year. Probably my favorite Johnny Gargano match ever.