F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
MobbVanDam

Re: F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

Post by MobbVanDam » Sat May 12, 2018 3:38 pm

SuperplexlariatBW wrote:He's getting all stupid about Backlash, yet you never hear him talk about how much of a shit show ROH is.
ROH is kinda boring at worst while WWE can be hilariously awful. There's a lot more to work with there.

Goat

Post by Goat » Sun May 13, 2018 7:24 pm

If you think Dave Meltzer is over the top in criticizing WWE you really need to read some Observers from the 1980s. Compared to how he talked about the Anabolic Warrior, Junk Food Dog, and his just utter disdain for the WWF in general he is absolutely head over heels in love with current WWE.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Between his coverage of the WWE ratings collapsing and this, he's had a bad week.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:09 am

Dave is now basically arguing that Mauro is saying this because he's forbidden from saying otherwise. Or, to put a not to fine point on it, that Mauro is lying,

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:30 pm

He reported it was a hush money settlement the entire time, yeah? Technically lying I suppose. I could absolutely see travel being "a" reason and not be untrue, even if it's not the whole truth.

I saw that the NXT logo was on display at the documentary premier, so does that make them an Executive Producer of this?

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed May 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Here's a direct quote from the Observer from Mauro came back.

"The new agreement allows both sides that had issues to not work with each other or even be around each other. It should be noted that the comments by John Layfield on the “Bring it to the Table,” show on the WWE Network show was the straw that broke the camel’s back and led to him leaving the promotion and suffering a severe breakdown. Layfield was not the reason he left, although obviously there were problems between the two that got weird to the point that Layfield would block anyone who even offered Ranallo best wishes on his health or praised him for his work on boxing shows. Layfield wouldn’t have been allowed to say what he said on the show on his own and for that reason, saying it was Layfield as the reason he was gone would be very much simplifying an issue that went deeper.

Ranallo’s public statement when the sides reached a settlement about Layfield having nothing to do with his leaving was at the request of WWE because they were about to be hit with more negative publicity on the story."

I get it if Dave and the whole F4W isn't your thing, but at least hold him accountable for the things he says, not the shit you think he said or the twitter trolls who make stuff up. Satin's scoops dried up (Jimmy Jacobs left) so he's resorted to trolling other journalists.

The story dave mentions is the Newsweek one that was coming out right at the time the settlement was reached.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Not sure why you're angry about this.

Bix

Post by Bix » Tue May 29, 2018 4:13 pm

I have to be vague because what I heard wasn't necessarily on the record, but I have little reason to doubt Dave's final narrative on this.

There are still things I'm confused by, like why he thought it was the best reporting he'd ever done or what the secret documents (apparently a DM or text message transcript) Bryan got and never published were (and why), but that this was over how Mauro was being treated and there was a settlement? I have very good reasons to buy that, even if I also think that the travel was legitimately a factor, too.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Bix wrote:I have to be vague because what I heard wasn't necessarily on the record, but I have little reason to doubt Dave's final narrative on this.

There are still things I'm confused by, like why he thought it was the best reporting he'd ever done or what the secret documents (apparently a DM or text message transcript) Bryan got and never published were (and why), but that this was over how Mauro was being treated and there was a settlement? I have very good reasons to buy that, even if I also think that the travel was legitimately a factor, too.
I have an extreme sensitivity to people blaming mental illness episodes on people having both a family and personal history with that. And regardless of what a twat JBL may be, to put it on him is like putting cancer on someone. I argued that at the time and remain perturbed by that. It also makes Mauro look weak when it's a biological issue he has.

"The best reporting" thing might just be Twitter Dave once again acting out, so take it for whatever the fuck it is.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:29 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:53 pm

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:59 pm

I’m pretty sure Dave was talking about her boob job not her weight which still isn’t good. But from what I understood is Dave was saying her and Billie stood out so much better in nxt than the main roster and then fact they both boob jobs kinda of hindered their work rate and their character
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Dave's not the best person when it comes to the women though, Filip. I remember a string of shows where he just had to bring up Carmella looking hot. Going by some of his Attitude Era comments, the dude does has a hate-fixation with enhanced breasts for some reason.