F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ODonnell

Re: F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

Post by ODonnell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:02 am

If you wanted a reason to hate Bryan even more, listen to Figure Four Daily today, with both of them shitting on the Miz/Dolph segment from Smackdown this past weekend.

Absolutely insane.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:23 am

It was their opinion. I liked it but I did think they were too harsh on the segment. It was fine. I didn't like Dolph in that segment at all because he's done "the emotional Dolph" too much for my taste.
As Wai and Pollock put it, "The boy who cried Dolph one too many times"
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:34 am

"Maybe I'm an asshole."

I think that is the most self aware Bryan has been in quite some time.

I'm sorry, but his bias against Miz and Ziggler is a bit beyond having an opinion. I was on the verge of screaming back at the show when he was completely missing the point of the segment. This is why I can't listen to him anymore-I watched the segment in question about 15 minutes before listening to the show and it was if he was reviewing some show unconnected to watch I just watched.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:13 am

Haha yeah that "Maybe I'm an asshole but I don't think so" was pretty bad.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Then HHH showed up after the show and he and Stephanie had big smiles on their face, with the idea that Stephanie was in on the screwing of Rollins all along, as Rollins, the top face, had known, but Mick Foley kept giving her the benefit of the doubt when she claimed she had no idea. This led to a ridiculous castration segment on Raw of Foley.
I am shocked that people are confused as to why people think Dave has problems with women.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:34 pm

Dave's mentioned classic WON hardcovers on Twitter a few times this month. Hopefully things are finally moving on that front.

DezWalker

Post by DezWalker » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Ageyev wrote:
DezWalker wrote:First Post, heard about the thread on Talking Sheet.

I do think it's worth the subscription price. For me it's always been about the newsletter and the newsletter is worth more than $10/month, imo. If the audio and/or the Board went away tomorrow, I'd miss them but it's not what I'm paying for.

As someone else said earlier (Dylan, maybe), I enjoy the Observer now for entirely different reasons though. I'm more of an MMA fan but I still love pro wrestling. I enjoy New Japan, ROH and NXT far more than RAW these days (newsflash!). There is a lot of coverage of all of that on the Observer site but I do feel like it's not publicized enough and sometimes you have to work to find it.

I like what I've seen here and the guys involved with the site that I know are all great dudes and I will likely be adding some of the audio here to my regular listening rotation.
Are there many like you do you think/know? Ie. F4W/Observer customers and readers who prefer MMA to wrestling. Always get the impression that there are more wrestling fans than MMA and people either tolerate the MMA, pay attention to the stuff when it's mainstream or are into either equally or secondarily.

Dave has been covering UFC and related since the early 90s so there's not much valid complaint really but with MMA covered in mainstream does Meltzer even figure in as one of the main journalists covering it? I'm kinda ignorant as to how subscribers feel about the MMA written and audio coverage as well as how MMA fans view Meltzer. I mean, I know some MMA fans don't want anything to do with fake pro wrestling and there's stuff on the F4W board you can go by but I don't really have an understanding of the wider milieu.
I would say that of subscribers that I personally know (and it's probably close to 100) that there it's split almost down the middle, 50/50.

What I will say is that the MMA fans seem to be much more willing to read about/listen to discussion about pro wrestling than the wrestling fans are about MMA. Probably because most MMA fans were pro wrestling fans first (and some still are)

somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:22 am

think alvarez will find someone to replace storm since he's leaving F4W for podcast one?

or is he going to keep charging people the same price for less content?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:44 am

Well burning that Todd Martin bridge certainly isn't regretful for Mr. Alvarez now.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:54 am

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:51 pm

supersonic wrote:Well burning that Todd Martin bridge certainly isn't regretful for Mr. Alvarez now.
At that time, essentially swapping out Todd for Filthy Tom was a huge upgrade, and I generally enjoyed Todd's viewpoints.

But hopefully we get a good replacement soon to mix things up.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:13 pm

supersonic wrote:Well burning that Todd Martin bridge certainly isn't regretful for Mr. Alvarez now.
Worked out for the best. Todd has been great on the Torch. The weekly show is great and his addition to the post-PPV audio roundtables has been welcome.

Bryan wouldn't even bother paying attention to what Todd was saying unless he was looking for a way torpedo the point he was trying to make. It was horrendous.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:14 pm

rovert wrote:F4W has a search function again!!!!!!!
http://www.f4wonline.com/news-search
http://www.f4wonline.com/search-radioshows
Only took them a year to fix that one.....

JML

F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

Post by JML » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:08 pm

We question Dave a lot and it warranted but the Observer Bomb with the Stardom Girls have sent a lot people into a tizzy. If people are familiar with the WOJ BOMB, the Observer predates that and proves it today.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Logan started a thread on the board questioning the value of the audio on the site. B&V show no longer covering Raw or Smackdown (or anything really), loss of Todd Martin last year, loss of Lance Storm last month, on/off hiatus of Wrestling Weekly, etc. Bryan doesn't give a shit, but interesting nonetheless.