F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Foresite

Re: F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

Post by Foresite » Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 pm
Danwaka wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:01 pm
Context of the question was around 1936, aka when the Nazis hosted the Olympics. Which was three years after the camps started (Dachau), the Aryanization of German society began and the passing of forced sterilization and involuntary euthanasia programs (1933). It was also less than a year after they passed the Nuremberg Laws (1935).

And people still let them have the Olympics. So of course a theoretical Vince McMahon would have gone.
I'm not sure the context helps the stupidity of his response. Nor does it help the obvious stupidity of making any response to a Nazi related question.
We don't ignore history because we don't like what happened

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:36 pm

Foresite wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 pm
mlev76 wrote:
Danwaka wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:01 pm
Context of the question was around 1936, aka when the Nazis hosted the Olympics. Which was three years after the camps started (Dachau), the Aryanization of German society began and the passing of forced sterilization and involuntary euthanasia programs (1933). It was also less than a year after they passed the Nuremberg Laws (1935).

And people still let them have the Olympics. So of course a theoretical Vince McMahon would have gone.
I'm not sure the context helps the stupidity of his response. Nor does it help the obvious stupidity of making any response to a Nazi related question.
Yeah, gonna have to say having grown up attending Hebrew School, studying the Holocaust in college and law school, marrying a Jewish Historian and being a Jew for the past 42 years, I don't ignore anything about the Nazis.

I also don't go in for people emphatically stating someone would work for Nazis with zero proof. His comments were historically ignorant.

Foresite

Post by Foresite » Sat May 04, 2019 11:45 am

mlev76 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:36 pm
Foresite wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 pm
mlev76 wrote:

Yeah, gonna have to say having grown up attending Hebrew School, studying the Holocaust in college and law school, marrying a Jewish Historian and being a Jew for the past 42 years, I don't ignore anything about the Nazis. Rocit

I also don't go in for people emphatically stating someone would work for Nazis with zero proof. His comments were historically ignorant.
They weren't.

He was making a comparison between a modern dictatorial government with known human rights atrocities and a historical one.

Your own ethnicity is irrelevant