F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Wiretaup

Re: F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Today's XFL show is exactly the kind of thing they should do more of. Not every week, but once in a while.

Have an old topic, Bryan hits record and says nothing, Dave speaks at length about it.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Wiretaup wrote: Bryan hits record and says nothing, Dave speaks at length about it.
This is every show.

"Take us through the undercard, Dave."

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Wiretaup wrote: Bryan hits record and says nothing, Dave speaks at length about it.
This is every show.

This show was a career performance from him.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm curious to see how the WOR show matches up with/does not match up with the similar show Bruce Prichard is doing this week on the same subject.

Prichard's show (which is phenomenal and now a must listen every week) has been illuminating in terms of making the desire to take Meltzer's word as gospel a cautionary approach. Not that Bruce couldn't be possibly bullshitting, but he's called out Dave numerous times on inaccurate reporting.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
This is every show.

Joe, this one was next level.

Bryan: "We're here to talk all things X-F-L."

Dave: "Did you watch the documentary?"

Bryan: "I did not"

*dave talks for an hour and five minutes straight*

Bryan: "And we're out of time!"

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:
This is every show.

If Scott the Engineer spoke for approximately two minutes every show, that would be the modern equivalent of Bryan.

He literally HAD to bring up Raw being 3 hours during the show! I mean, for fuck's sake!

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:
This is every show.

Bryan doesn't even read the mailbag questions.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:35 pm

It's a double edged sword in that on one hand, we argue laziness for him not watching a lot and deferring discussion, but then we'd get upset at the content of his analysis. Although yes, the solution to that there should be a new host with Dave. I don't think anyone would mind.

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:19 pm

TGD287 wrote:It's a double edged sword in that on one hand, we argue laziness for him not watching a lot and deferring discussion, but then we'd get upset at the content of his analysis. Although yes, the solution to that there should be a new host with Dave. I don't think anyone would mind.
Bryan can do the Vinny/Craig/Granny/WOL stuff all day. Out of sight, out of mind.

Someone else really needs to do the Dave shows. But the whole site is predicated on Bryan using his fancy expensive equipment for the best audio quality possible, so that pretty much can't happen.

Goat

Post by Goat » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 am

I miss the Dave and Semp shows.

Outside of the Rumble review I listened to solely because of Mark I cannot remember the last Bryan and Vinny show I listened to. Maybe that time they watched a bunch of random Minoru Suzuki matches like 3 years ago.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Dave confirmed on today's Observer Radio that the Awards Issue has been held up partly due to having to look after his mother through her recent health issues, in addition to the pileup of news. He won't be able to get it done this week, and is earmarking next week's issue to publish the results.

FirstTimeLongThyme

Post by FirstTimeLongThyme » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Certainly understandable but as someone who specifically subbed for the voting and the awards issue, I feel a bit strung along by the whole process.

I've enjoyed my time with the newsletter well enough, but I don't listen to the podcasts or really get my monies worth out of anything else offered to me. That's on me, I suppose, but I kind of found myself asking why am I paying for this right now other than waiting for the awards.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Wiretaup wrote:
TGD287 wrote:It's a double edged sword in that on one hand, we argue laziness for him not watching a lot and deferring discussion, but then we'd get upset at the content of his analysis. Although yes, the solution to that there should be a new host with Dave. I don't think anyone would mind.
Bryan can do the Vinny/Craig/Granny/WOL stuff all day. Out of sight, out of mind.

Someone else really needs to do the Dave shows. But the whole site is predicated on Bryan using his fancy expensive equipment for the best audio quality possible, so that pretty much can't happen.
Am I the only one who doesn't hear a major difference in audio quality between the WO shows and other major podcasts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 pm

ErinQuinn wrote:
Wiretaup wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't hear a major difference in audio quality between the WO shows and other major podcasts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's noticeable if you listen to old episodes from like 10 years ago.

But of all things to obsess over constantly improving, audio quality is toward the bottom of the list.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Audio quality on the shows is very good, but when every other major league wrestling/MMA podcast is good enough, that becomes a moot point to hang your hat on. Complaining about the content outside of WOR and WON is a very beaten and dead horse. You either pay for the sub and stomach floating other partners on the site or you unsubscribe.