TNA: It still exists, kind of!

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
JML

Re: TNA: It still exists, kind of!

Post by JML » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:18 pm

supersonic wrote:The tweet I highlighted was during his negotiations. Big difference from someone being a fool in his youth.
I think him being arrested for a battery charge in 2009 is more problematic PR wise with your high ranking officials being women than the drink bleach tweet in the grand scheme of things.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Satin is clearly protecting a source with his tweets on the matter.

I look forward to Satin's next exclusive about which wrestler's nephew just celebrated their first communion

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:47 am

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:08 pm

My head hurts from watching that. They must be snorting some good stuff to come up with this.
Who's Rob Viper ?

CThrash13

Post by CThrash13 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:26 am

There was a TON of hype coming into Delete or Decay, and it didn't really do anything for me compared to Final Deletion. I think it was too soon to go back into that style of story, but to each his own I guess. It was entertaining at parts, but overall, I could've done without this week.

That being said, Impact continues to do some things well. I'm interested in Bennett vs. Moose, and I really think both will be champions at some point. I think the sky is the limit in Impact for Moose, and Bennett is a great slimy heel character.

I was very iffy on the introduction of the Grand Championship and the format, but I actually think it may be pretty cool. I kinda wish it was 3 5-minute periods, but it'll work okay the way it is. I reserve judgment to change my opinion of it, but as of now, it may just work out well. Throwing Galloway, Edwards, Rex, etc. in the mix will only help!

Overall, I'm enjoying Impact right now. It's a nice change of pace from WWE and Lucha.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:35 pm

From the New York Post:

http://nypost.com/2016/09/16/billy-corg ... wrestling/
Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan wants to be the new front man for a pro wrestling group.

Corgan is in talks to become the majority owner of cash-strapped Impact Ventures, the producer of pay-per-view TNA and Impact Wrestling, which also appears weekly on the Pop cable and satellite network.

His transition from rock star to wrestling impresario may not be as crazy as everybody thinks.

“There’s a rebel spirit in wrestling that has gone out of rock ‘n’ roll,” he told The Post.

Corgan, whose band has sold more than 30 million albums, joined Impact as a senior producer in May 2015. He upped his commitment last August by investing in the company and becoming its president.

On Oct. 2, the night of Impact’s banner pay-per-view event, “Bound for Glory,” he hopes to take that commitment to the max.

“I would love nothing better than to stand up in front of everyone and give a clear picture of where this company is and where it’s going,” he said.

While Corgan wants to make the presentation as Impact’s new majority owner, he admits there’s still “a lot of people at the table.”

WWE and Sinclair Broadcast Group, owner of the Ring of Honor wrestling organization, are rumored to have made recent bids.

A complicated ownership structure also poses challenges in getting every stakeholder on the same page. In addition to majority owner and Chairwoman Dixie Carter, Corgan, Aroluxe Marketing and Canada’s Fight Network all have equity stakes.

Meanwhile, the Nashville, Tenn.-based company is so financially strapped that investor and working-capital provider Aroluxe has reportedly taken over its “TNA” (Total Nonstop Action) trademark.

Corgan says the relevant parties have agreed on a sale price. Although he can’t reveal the figure, an estimate based on publicly traded WWE’s market value of two times revenue would put it at around $40 million.

“You ultimately have to rely on your own calculus about what something is worth,” he said.

Ultimate Fighting Championship’s $4 billion sale to entertainment and sports talent agency WME-IMG factored into his math.

“After signing up MLB, the NBA and soccer, who do you call?” he said.

Corgan believes wrestling is under-appreciated in the digital era, particularly in light of its being a driver of traditional TV from the beginning.

“Our providing story lines in people’s lives is overlooked,” he said. “So is the multicultural aspect of wrestling as a perfect sell to advertisers.”

Corgan plans to use his celebrity to change that.

“I can get anyone I want to listen to my vision,” he said.

ODonnell

TNA: It still exists, kind of!

Post by ODonnell » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:30 pm

Sinclair and WWE putting in bids is untrue, as per Meltzer

Probably just Corgan throwing that out there to make it appear as if there's interest and value in TNA

Rah

Post by Rah » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:28 am

There's a strong irony in the news of TNA being up for sale being followed by a junk-sale spambot.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:48 am

Observer:
Matt Hardy has gotten feelers from intermediaries that HHH wants him when his contract expires, which would be next spring. The problem is that he’s got pretty much creative control of his character here, plus can make his own schedule and he does extremely well on the indie scene, particularly when you throw in merchandise. With WWE there’s the killer schedule which probably isn’t the best thing for him physically right now. Granted, if something happens to TNA, that equation changes because he’s loaded with ideas for his character and he would need television to get them over

garrettkidney
VOW Staff Member

Post by garrettkidney » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:56 pm

ODonnell wrote:Sinclair and WWE putting in bids is untrue, as per Meltzer

Probably just Corgan throwing that out there to make it appear as if there's interest and value in TNA
Considering its Billy looking to buy the company that seems rather unlikely.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:16 pm

garrettkidney wrote:
ODonnell wrote:Sinclair and WWE putting in bids is untrue, as per Meltzer

Considering its Billy looking to buy the company that seems rather unlikely.
If he's looking to buy as head of a group of investors, it makes perfect sense.

garrettkidney
VOW Staff Member

Post by garrettkidney » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:48 pm

A person looking to buy a company would generally avoid the idea that there are more people interested in buying the company because that would inflate the price.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:41 pm

garrettkidney wrote:A person looking to buy a company would generally avoid the idea that there are more people interested in buying the company because that would inflate the price.
This is true, Mike Johnson had a piece that talked about why Dixie was the one that planted that story. Really good read.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:56 am

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Could that other mystery bidder be the deal Shane Douglas has been involved with?