Evolve (WWNLive)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
VilinskiKonjic

Re: Evolve (WWNLive)

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:08 am

Would be really great to see this be the start of something for Starr. A few EVOLVE appearances this year, maybe join them for their Rumble weekend shows and then the WWNLive WrestleMania shows too would be great for him. Would hopefully put him in with a serious shout of claiming a place in the second CWC as well if there ends up being one.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Grammarian wrote:In general, I don't think Evolve gets discussed enough in some of the more well-known wrestling sites, podcasts, newsletters. It's getting left out of a lot of the discussions of the huge wrestling/mma weekend. Considering the relationship with WWE and the talent used on these shows, as well as Cody's debut, I'd think it would get a bit more coverage. Plus, the shows this year have gotten a lot of buzz. I should point out that I'm not including VoW in this criticism.
I don't think there was a single word in the Observer this week about EVOLVE which is shocking. I think only the Super J Cup has me more amped this weekend.

I don't know what you're talking about Rich but I read reviews of both the Evolve shows in the observer.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

themib

Post by themib » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:43 pm

That was before the weekend, there's been reviews, including in the Observer, since.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Two new matches added to Evolve 69:

- New Talent Test - Tracy Williams vs. Chuck O'Neil
- New Talent Test - Fred Yehi vs. Travis Gordon

themib

Post by themib » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Great look at Zack Sabre Jr.'s recent run in EVOLVE.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:59 pm

We are very excited to announce that Ricochet is coming home! Ricochet has agreed to several more EVOLVE bookings this year after EVOLVE 69 on September 11th, including November 13th in Joppa, MD and December 11th in Melrose, MA. Ricochet was on the first EVOLVE event. He helped build WWN with his work in EVOLVE and Dragon Gate USA. He is the former DGUSA Open The United Gate Tag Team Champion and DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate Champion. Now he is back home to make a difference

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:32 pm

September 6th: We are beyond ecstatic to welcome back the former DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate and Open The United Gate Champion Ricochet. He's made infrequent appearances in the last couple of years after building EVOLVE and DGUSA. We'll see him this Sunday against Zack Sabre Jr. and then in November and December. Jigsaw was also an important part in the early history of EVOLVE and DGUSA. He returns this Saturday to take on Fred Yehi. This match is happening because Jigsaw pinned Yehi in a tag match at the last EVOLVE weekend. Both need a win here to solidify their standing in EVOLVE. We will also reveal now that negotiations are taking place for Jeff Cobb to make his EVOLVE debut later this year. We have several hungry talents ready for their opportunity this weekend. Here is a look:

Darby Allin: He will get his shot at an EVOLVE contract this weekend. We encourage you to watch his promo to see what's at stake for him. He's impressed in EVOLVE since earning a spot from his performance in a WWN Seminar/Tryout, but now he needs to win.

David Starr: He has done something no one else has this year and competed in TNA, ROH and now this Sunday EVOLVE. He is a hot talent that impressed in a WWN Seminar/Tryout earlier this year. He'll get a great opportunity against Ethan Page this Sunday at EVOLVE 69.

Chuck O'Neil: "Cold Steel" has a 17-8 record in MMA and was on Ultimate Fighter Lesnar vs Dos Santos. He has a growing reputation on the New England independent scene. He'll be faced with tough competition in Tracy Williams at EVOLVE 69.

Travis Gordon: The high-flyer was first noticed at a WWN Seminar/Tryout. We saw him earlier this year in EVOLVE in a short match against Ethan Page. Gordon shows enough potential to get another opportuniy. He'll wrestle Fred Yehi this Sunday in Queens.

Dan Barry: We've seen him several times in EVOLVE as part of Team Tremendous. Barry, coming off the exposure of Holy Foley on The WWE Network, will try his hand in singles competition against Ethan Page at EVOLVE 68 this Saturday.

Jason Kincaid: This unique high-flyer stole the show at the last WWN Seminar/Tryout. He will be given an opportunity this October in Florida.

Gabe showing he still has a great eye for talent

wac

Post by wac » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Pretty cool announcements.

maggot

Post by maggot » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf6a5ovmp2U

These videos, except for Kenny Johnson's font choices, are SO, SO good.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Kenny the guy behind the videos says he'll be there this weekend to document Gargano's last EVOLVE show:

cejuett

Post by cejuett » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:45 pm

i have become such a big fan of Matt Riddle since i saw him on wrestle-mania weekend...the last couple of match's with TJ and Tommy end have been awesome is there any word on him steeping out to more indys since his pwg appearance.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:07 pm

do you know guys how evolve contracts work?
1 year or so?

what guys are under evolve contracts?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:07 pm

So this stuff got lost in the shuffle this week...

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:50 pm

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Some updates on the October events:

Evolve 70
Orlando, Florida 10/15/16

- Evolve Tag Team Titles - The Last Battle of Orlando - Losing Team Must Disband - Drew Galloway & DUSTIN vs. Catch Point (Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams)

Signed To Appear:

- Evolve Champion Timothy Thatcher
- Chris Hero
- Matt Riddle
- Zack Sabre Jr.
- "All Ego" Ethan Page
- Fred Yehi
- The Gatekeepers (formerly The Devastation Corporation)
- Jason Kincaid
- Darby Allin

Evolve 71
Ybor City, Florida 10/16/16

- Evolve Tag Team Champion Drew Galloway vs. Matt Riddle

Signed To Appear:

- Evolve Tag Team Champion DUSTIN
- Chris Hero
- Catch Point (Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, & Fred Yehi)
- Zack Sabre Jr.
- "All Ego" Ethan Page
- The Gatekeepers (formerly The Devastation Corporation)
- Jason Kincaid
- Darby Allin

Also, we have the first talent lineup for Evolve 72 & Evolve 73 on November 12th & 13th in Queens, NY & Joppa, Maryland, respectively:

- Evolve Tag Team Champion DUSTIN
- Ricochet
- Zack Sabre Jr.
- Catch Point (Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, Matt Riddle, & Fred Yehi)
- "All Ego" Ethan Page
- Tony Nese
- Darby Allin

As far as the Main Event for Evolve 70 is concerned, the stipulation is referring to those particular duos, and not the respective factions as a whole (so, for instance, if Catch Point lost, Gulak & Williams could still team with Yehi as separate pairings).