Evolve (WWNLive)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
PKThree

Re: Evolve 2015

Post by PKThree » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:08 am

Gulak and Perkins are at the same time a fantastic team since they are very grappling based, and at the same time such a clash of style due to the varying levels of flashiness.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Was hoping for Callihan & Bailey after Sam worked the both of us into a shoot about that being a potential team.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Got 51 and 52 on Black Friday and have gotten through half of 51. Really liking the new guys that Gabe brought in (Kaasa, Riddle, Yehi, Rush) and love hearing Naylor being super passionate about the guys he's calling. Some of the comparisons don't fit in my mind (Rush=Low Ki + Amazing Red?), but I will always take over the top passionate commentary over rehearsed, canned crap.

ZSJ vs. Strong was awesome and a great way to slowly make my way back into the work week.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Is Davey Richards coming back? If not it kinda sucks that he beat everybody and left.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Leo C wrote:Is Davey Richards coming back? If not it kinda sucks that he beat everybody and left.
I hope he stays far, far away. Any promotion without him in it is a much better promotion.

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:55 am

I thought I'd post this here since Thatcher is pretty much the face of EVOLVE.

This match is the final match of a Round Robin tournament the PREMIER promotion out of California ran last week that also included Jeff Cobb,but to say PREMIER have had problems uploading the entire show to Youtube would be an understatement.At the moment the show is blocked from being watched in America and this is after the original video was blocked everywhere so I thought I'd give them a hand and upload the main event.

Joe Graves vs Timothy Thatcher
It's wrestled with Five Five-minute rounds and if you like the #Grapplefuck style you'll adore this match

sternness

Post by sternness » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:14 am

BohsJohnny wrote:I thought I'd post this here since Thatcher is pretty much the face of EVOLVE.

This match is the final match of a Round Robin tournament the PREMIER promotion out of California ran last week that also included Jeff Cobb,but to say PREMIER have had problems uploading the entire show to Youtube would be an understatement.At the moment the show is blocked from being watched in America and this is after the original video was blocked everywhere so I thought I'd give them a hand and upload the main event.

Joe Graves vs Timothy Thatcher
It's wrestled with Five Five-minute rounds and if you like the #Grapplefuck style you'll adore this match
what if I like the #Flippydosandlegslaps style?

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:22 am

Then maybe you'll hate it I'm not quite sure.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:48 am

I'm never getting another show they do in Orlando again. Don't care what's on the card - it literally doesn't matter. The crowd may be the worst wrestling crowd I've ever seen in my life. I've watched all but the main event of E52 and I don't think I'll be able to motivate myself to watch the main. There is nothing fun about watching a show in that soul-sucking atmosphere. I was actively groaning during Gargano/Gulak and I really like both those guys.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm usually able to tune out the crowd and focus on the match, but I do agree that the Florida crowds are terrible. There's literally nothing they like either. They sit there quietly for brawls, high flying spotfests, #GrappleFuck, hybrid matches, strike exchange matches, stipulation matches; and any wrestler you throw at them.

duyarvish

Post by duyarvish » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:18 pm

To be fair to the Florida crowd, it's not like the New York ones really any better for Evolve.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:37 pm

the other FLorida venue is grand. It's not 1985 Sumo Hall, but like it's not a graveyard either

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:28 pm

The crowd thing is a problem and I know some people are of the opinion that if a crowd is quiet, it's the wrestlers job to make them make noise, but some crowds just stink.

I think the fact that in the first part of the show, Page was basically heckling the crowd into making noise and then Drew ended his promo by literally telling the crowd not to sit on their hands speaks for itself.

Need to get Gabe out there on the mic Vince style, "HAVE FUN DAMNIT"

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:25 pm

I've had people tell me the same thing about the wrestlers having the responsibility to engage the crowd. I agree with that to a point, but when a crowd refuses to react to anything I don't see what the wrestlers could do different. Gabe throws everything at the Ybor City crowd; Gargano doing a million flips, Galloway pasting dudes in brawls, Thatcher doing his grappling stuff, hybrid guys like Lio Rush, great matches, spotfests, crazy brawls, angles, etc. They react for none of it, not a single thing. There comes a time when it is all too clear that the audience not giving a shit about anything is the problem, and not the promotion or the wrestlers.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:40 pm

BillThompson wrote:I've had people tell me the same thing about the wrestlers having the responsibility to engage the crowd. I agree with that to a point, but when a crowd refuses to react to anything I don't see what the wrestlers could do different. Gabe throws everything at the Ybor City crowd; Gargano doing a million flips, Galloway pasting dudes in brawls, Thatcher doing his grappling stuff, hybrid guys like Lio Rush, great matches, spotfests, crazy brawls, angles, etc. They react for none of it, not a single thing. There comes a time when it is all too clear that the audience not giving a shit about anything is the problem, and not the promotion or the wrestlers.
I've seen two of the Ybor City shows this year online and the crowd has sucked in both. It's not even a matter of microphone issues because you don't see the crowds reacting either.

I hope they do ok financially to justify using those spots because otherwise, I don't get it.