Evolve (WWNLive)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: Evolve (WWNLive)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:14 pm

As we laid out on the podcast, he's providing a niche above the Largo Loop and below NXT. The AA. Guys who aren't totally lost causes can to go AA to refine their main event level skills for their eventual move up to NXT.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm

I think WWE wanting Evolve for content, development and footage for future roster members also makes them want to continue. And by make them want to, I assume there is some financial incentive on WWN's part. I have to imagine after having to deal with the Flo fallout and the loss of so much top talent over the last year, Gabe and co. probably welcomed the idea of recalibrating what the product is.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:30 pm
I expect a weird blend of weekend specials with Ohno, Ali, etc. and the raw parts. The real interesting pocket is like you guys were mentioning those not signed to WWE. Do they slowly just filter out? Does WWE still want Gabe pursuing new talents to try to bring into the fold?
I'd assume those kind of guys will still come in and out, in the same way PROGRESS still book outside the WWE UK pool, if only because A- WWE must trust Gabe to discover people and B- they'll still need those guys to fill out a card, unless there's a real influx of NXT people.

From what you said about the NXT guys being there voluntarily, even if it's a "we highly suggest it'd be good for you" kind of thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Gabe's being left to his own devices more than people may automatically assume. I can buy that Gabe thinks putting belts on Street Profits and Aichner is good publicity (and/or good faith) as much as I can the idea it was asked of him, for example.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:18 am

They're sure going out of their way to book Swerve against the NXT crew, huh?

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:11 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:14 pm
As we laid out on the podcast, he's providing a niche above the Largo Loop and below NXT. The AA. Guys who aren't totally lost causes can to go AA to refine their main event level skills for their eventual move up to NXT.
The AA is what DVDR board has relabeled the EVOLVE thread over there.
mlev76 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm
I think WWE wanting Evolve for content, development and footage for future roster members also makes them want to continue. And by make them want to, I assume there is some financial incentive on WWN's part. I have to imagine after having to deal with the Flo fallout and the loss of so much top talent over the last year, Gabe and co. probably welcomed the idea of recalibrating what the product is.
There's been a lot of spooky talk the last 3 years or so but NXT (insert Country here) and the WWE Network premium tier will come thick and fast in the next while for reals.

WWE Tough Enough's trademark got revived this week. There's an obvious push to utilitise talent.

Over the next week WWE will have Germany tryout AND medicals in the US for the January class which will have a lot of indie names male and female.

NXT will be Wrestling Starbucks by this time next year.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:21 am

rovert wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:11 am

NXT will be Wrestling Starbucks by this time next year.
I don't like the sound of that.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Tried to sign up for the $9.99 Club WWN before but kept saying username already in use. Couldn't figure it out. Any help? Also how quickly do shows go on demand?

Cheers

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Try doing a "forgot password" reset and see if you get an email. If you've ever used WWNLive at all, you probably already have an account.

Since going with all shows live, they go up pretty much the next day on demand.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Evolve 116 -

Josh Briggs v Jason Kincaid - **3/4
GPA v Isairs Valaquez - **1/4
Anthony Henry v Fabian Aichner - ***1/4
JD Drake v v Austin Theory v Harlem Bravado - ***1/2
Shane Strickland v Kassius Ohno - ****
AR Fox & Leon Ruff v Street Profits - ***
Mustafa Ali v Darby Allin - ****

Pretty good show with 2 very good matches. Wish Ali v Allin was given more time. Fabian Aichner is very good. The crowds in Evolve really suck though

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Ckkj14 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:45 pm
The crowds in Evolve really suck though
Back when I first heard about Evolve I stocked up on a lot of their older DVDs and loved them so much... when I started to watch their later shows (I wanna say around EVOLVE 31) I noticed a HUGE drop off, or just lack of interest, from the audience they had in attendance.

I've tried watching some of their shows over the last year, but even if the show is awesome, the crowd just kills it for me.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:58 pm

John The Drummer wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:01 pm
Ckkj14 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:45 pm
The crowds in Evolve really suck though
Back when I first heard about Evolve I stocked up on a lot of their older DVDs and loved them so much... when I started to watch their later shows (I wanna say around EVOLVE 31) I noticed a HUGE drop off, or just lack of interest, from the audience they had in attendance.

I've tried watching some of their shows over the last year, but even if the show is awesome, the crowd just kills it for me.

Yeh I watched this show today as was interested in the direction they are heading and after Gabes interview here but the crowds are so dead it's had to get invested.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Darby Allin v Kassius Ohno at 116. Could be tremendous

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Do we know if WWNLive will be hosting all the morethanmania shows on their site or will it just be Evolve and Mercury Rising?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:20 pm

dancecab wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:25 pm
Do we know if WWNLive will be hosting all the morethanmania shows on their site or will it just be Evolve and Mercury Rising?
Wrap up show too I believe. Shimmer perhaps. WXW and DDT are on Fite as are all the MTM shows.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Wow, took three months for a new post to be needed!