Evolve (WWNLive)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
DXvsNWO

Re: Evolve 2015

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:29 pm

BillThompson wrote:
Leo C wrote:Is Davey Richards coming back? If not it kinda sucks that he beat everybody and left.
I hope he stays far, far away. Any promotion without him in it is a much better promotion.
Gabe actually mention in a recent Twitter Q & A (from about a week or two ago), that the challenge Thatcher made to Richards back at (I believe) Evolve 48 was still open, so I guess that means they still plan on doing that match at some point in 2016.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:20 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:
BillThompson wrote:
Leo C wrote:Is Davey Richards coming back? If not it kinda sucks that he beat everybody and left.
I hope he stays far, far away. Any promotion without him in it is a much better promotion.
Gabe actually mention in a recent Twitter Q & A (from about a week or two ago), that the challenge Thatcher made to Richards back at (I believe) Evolve 48 was still open, so I guess that means they still plan on doing that match at some point in 2016.
Ah, alright. I think he should at least come back and put Thatcher over since he just beat everybody, I mean, wouldn't be that bad.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:47 pm

No, let Davey have his streak, he can sod off already. It's the end of the year, have we heard an annual retirement declaration yet?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Chismo wrote:No, let Davey have his streak, he can sod off already. It's the end of the year, have we heard an annual retirement declaration yet?
He has apparently been put on the full time hiring list for paramedics in Anchorage Alaska. So we might just see Davey wrestling polar bears in the future

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:13 pm

PKThree wrote:
Chismo wrote:No, let Davey have his streak, he can sod off already. It's the end of the year, have we heard an annual retirement declaration yet?
He has apparently been put on the full time hiring list for paramedics in Anchorage Alaska. So we might just see Davey wrestling polar bears in the future
I'd pay money to see that, but only if he gives the bear a superplex and then immediately kips up.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

themib

Post by themib » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:07 pm

*EVOLVE returns to La Boom in Queens on March 19th, tickets on sale from tomorrow.
*The sale continues until New Year's Day - all EVOLVE, WWN Supershow, SHINE and ACW Blu-Rays are $12, all EVOLVE, SHINE, DGUSA and misc. DVDs are $10, most PWG DVDs are $10 (presumably not including BOLA), all EVOLVE, DGUSA, SHINE, FIP, SHIMMER, ACW and WWN Supershow archive iPPVs are $9.99 (not live iPPVs like SHINE 31 tomorrow), all EVOLVE/DGUSA gear is 50% off.
*Chris Hero vs. Drew Galloway from EVOLVE 31 is up for free...

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Also of note...
We'll be soon with the announcement of arguably wrestling's hottest free agent coming to EVOLVE
I would say it's either a returning Sami Callihan, or possibly even #BigMike.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:15 pm

I was thinking Zack Jr. since he left NOAH.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Mike wrote:I was thinking Zack Jr. since he left NOAH.
I don't think it would be Zack Sabre Jr. He's wrestled for them this year, and he was in the exact same newsletter where they ran down the tag team title tournament. If he was going to be on a show, they would just announce it. He's not someone new to Evolve.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Yeah I'm fairly certain it's Sami Calihan. He had big run in Evolve before he left and he parted ways with WWE on good terms. So it makes sense for him to turn up in WWE Developmental developmental promotion.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Ah, I didn't even think of that. I was going by maybe singles matches for him, but given that he's already in the tag tournament, I get it. Maybe I was thinking moreso for the March shows. But Sami makes sense.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:36 pm

The free agent is Elgin with almost 90% certainty

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:37 pm

PKThree wrote:
Doesn't mean much to be honest. We test at full time departments all the time; it's common place for a medic to be on lists for anywhere upwards of 20 departments at any given time. Also a lot of it depends on where you are on the list. If you're in the top 10 then your chances of getting hired are better, but still not extremely likely. If you're number 92 on the list you're not getting hired, period.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:56 pm

BillThompson wrote:
PKThree wrote:
Doesn't mean much to be honest. We test at full time departments all the time; it's common place for a medic to be on lists for anywhere upwards of 20 departments at any given time. Also a lot of it depends on where you are on the list. If you're in the top 10 then your chances of getting hired are better, but still not extremely likely. If you're number 92 on the list you're not getting hired, period.
A MAN CAN DREAM CAN'T HE!?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:54 pm

PKThree wrote:The free agent is Elgin with almost 90% certainty
I'm actually leaning towards it being Elgin right now as well. What tips it off (for me at least) is that Tier-1 Wrestling (a relatively new indie promotion that runs in the New York City area), announced a week or two ago that they had booked Michael Elgin vs. Timothy Thatcher, a 1st time ever encounter, for their show on March 20th:

The fact that Evolve just announced a return to La Boom in Queens, NY the day before on March 19th means that the timing is perfect, since Elgin will presumably be in the area anyway (unless ROH has a show that weekend).

Also, I believe Tier-1 Wrestling recently joined WWNLive, so that's something else to consider as a possible indicator.