Evolve (WWNLive)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
DXvsNWO

Evolve (WWNLive)

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:39 am

Figured I would set up the Evolve Thread.

Here are the cards for the shows coming up next weekend in Florida:

Evolve 45
Ybor City, Florida 7/10/15

- Evolve/Open The Freedom Gate Champion Drew Galloway & Roderick Strong vs. The Premiere Athlete Brand (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley with SoCal Val)
- Davey Richards vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
- Evolve 43 Rematch - Chris Hero vs. Trevor Lee
- Rich Swann vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Biff Busick vs. Andrew Everett

Evolve 46
Orlando, Florida 7/11/15

- Evolve Title - Drew Galloway vs. Trent Baretta (with SoCal Val)
- Mercury Rising 2015 Rematch - Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Davey Richards vs. Biff Busick
- TJ Perkins vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
- Anthony Nese (with SoCal Val) vs. Trevor Lee
- Caleb Konley (with SoCal Val) vs. Andrew Everett

We also have a few matches announced for Evolve 47 in Queens, NY on August 15th:

- Anything Goes Match - Johnny Gargano vs. "All Ego" Ethan Page
- Evolve 34 Rematch - Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher

Following Evolve 47 will be Evolve 48, which is in Deer Park, NY on August 16th.

BillThompson

Re: Evolve 2015

Post by BillThompson » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Thatcher finally coming back is a big boon for them, and he looked great in the one past-injury match I've seen.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:45 am

Does EVOLVE really need these guys like Gargano and Everett? Or Page and Conley for that matter. Besides those two matches I think every match on these cards has high upside. And if Hero/Thatcher is half as good as their Mercury Rising performance it's gonna rock the house.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:20 am

I think Gargano and Everett are very key to EVOLVE's draw. They're trying to draw both the guys who like the catchpoint style, and those who don't.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:44 pm

DylanZero wrote:Does EVOLVE really need these guys like Gargano and Everett? Or Page and Conley for that matter. Besides those two matches I think every match on these cards has high upside. And if Hero/Thatcher is half as good as their Mercury Rising performance it's gonna rock the house.
My answer to Gargano is always no because he's a terrible pro wrestler. However, I see the appeal of him to a certain audience and EVOLVE is smart to target multiple audiences. It's one of the things I've liked most about them this past year, how they've been able to appeal to distinctly different audiences and still present one cohesive product. Also, I like Everett and Conley, so them being on the shows is a plus in my book.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:37 pm

I think there are just so many better guys than someone like Gargano who can also do a similar style and appeal to different people. Just look at this Ethan Page deal, Page is liked by a lot of people I know but pretty much everyone thinks this is some of his worst work. Konley has his positives, but Everett reminds me a lot of Ricochet or AR Fox, in a bad way. His match with Ricochet in PWG (Don't Sweat the Technique) made me cringe.

I'm not bagging on the style or calling for there to be 20 Thatchers on the roster, just those guys in particular and my displeasure with them in general. (Although I do admit Konley is good sometimes)
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

ty_dawson

Post by ty_dawson » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:02 pm

With Biff out for the weekend, Friday will now have Andrew Everett vs. Gary Jay.

Saturday will have Davey Richards vs. Chris Hero and Timothy Thatcher vs. Martin Stone. Galloway will be working twice defending the DGUSA title against someone to be determined on the Friday show.

I am into the idea of Davey-Hero, but would have liked to see the Thatcher/Hero rematch showdown. I thought that was the most anticipated match coming into this weekend, so I am kinda shocked Gabe changed that. Of all matches to change, I would have wanted to see ZSJ get a better opponent for Saturday.

Wind-Up Soup

Post by Wind-Up Soup » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:10 pm

I've been enjoying both Hero and Davey in EVOLVE, but for whatever reason, on paper, them facing each other does nothing for me.

Tom Bobo

Post by Tom Bobo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:07 pm

I like the idea of Hero-Davey on Saturday, but perhaps it doesn't go down as planned.

Unless Sabre, Jr. pulls the upset and ends Davey's undefeated streak, Hero is could be another "big" name for Davey to defeat as he paves his path to a title shot later or he could demand the other title shot (Freedom Gate Title) that Galloway is granting on Saturday.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:37 pm

Yuck to the general idea of Davey in EVOLVE, double yuck to Gabe thinking Davey belong anywhere near the title picture at this point in his career.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Happy for Gary Jay finally getting a shot in a major indie. I'm not his biggest fan and kind of think he's a little overrated, but there aren't many people who work harder to work as many shows as possible as Jay and the rest of the Submission Squad. They'll literally drive anywhere and take massive losses in exchange for exposure in new places, and have managed to completely revive their careers after bombing so badly at KOT in 2009.

SammyJ_D

Post by SammyJ_D » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:54 am

Davey vs. Hero is farce material. Can't fathom much of a reason to book it other than Gabe loves him some Davey. Put Davey vs. Everett or something. That'd work. Why take off a match that people were looking forward to as much as anything Zack was doing?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:16 am

Should add that Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chris Hero was announced for Evolve 48 in Deer Park, NY on August 16th (a rematch from their encounter at the most recent PWG show where ZSJ turned Hero's finger into a bloody mess).

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:49 am

EVOLVE 45 looks like the weakest card since the EVOLVE reboot. I don't plan on purchasing it unless it gets rave reviews. 46 doesn't look much better, but I can't pass up TJP/ZSJ. That should be incredible. This is the first time since the reboot that I haven't been excited going into an EVOLVE weekend.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:30 am

Don't wish injury on anyone, but Davey getting knocked the fuck out tonight and being out for the EVOLVE weekend is the best thing that could have happened to these cards.