PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Hobbes

Re: PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

Post by Hobbes » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:06 am

ayaashm wrote:First, Hey Hobbes! Big fan of your TNA MECCA stuff on THE BOARD~!. I'm working my way through the very first one and it's quite an entertaining read. Thank you for that.
Secondly, One of the factors apart from those which you detailed is that they're not the only ones doing the shows with the All-Star cards and when you have shows once in 2 or 3 months,It's not as easy to keep up the All Star stuff if other promotions start to do it as well and some may say,do it better.
Thanks, that's way too nice of you.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Meltzer mecca is on fire .

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:14 am

Just got my 5 for $40 order!!!! Been exactly a month since I ordered haha, glad it made it... it was sitting on my door step when I got home, so EVEN MORE GLAD it didn't get nabbed by gift thieves.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Watching Pimpin in High Places. Does Excalibur's commentary ever quit being shit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:41 pm

supersonic wrote:

PWG has made more names and helped more careers than every other indie combined, aside from ROH when they were still an indie.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:56 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Watching Pimpin in High Places. Does Excalibur's commentary ever quit being shit?

What I've learned: Watch all early PWG show's with the commentary turned off. I'm not sure what year they started to be good (maybe once they moved to Reseda permanently?) but their early shows have the WORST commentary ever.

I watched Jason Takes PWG the other night, and it wasn't so bad, not as bad as the other DVDs I own from back then.... but then halfway through it sounded like the guys were getting bored and just started to talk about random stuff. And if they did talk about the match, it was uninteresting and made you want to go to sleep. At one point during a 3 team tag match (I believe it was) one of the guys apologized for the match hitting a "dry spell" with not much going on to call... wtf kind of commentary is that? I get he was trying to be funny, but it just sounded like they were burying the match with the tone he used :?

Anyway.... short story long... I've learned to just turn off the commentary when watching any older shows :)

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Welp. Guess I'm screwed then.

"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:33 pm

The commentary sucks until they started recording it live, which I believe was late 2008.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
supersonic wrote:

PWG has made more names and helped more careers than every other indie combined, aside from ROH when they were still an indie.

Shhh.......don't let facts and logic get in the way of the "Fuck PWG and its elitist hipster fans" mentality

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:01 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:
supersonic wrote:

Shhh.......don't let facts and logic get in the way of the "Fuck PWG and its elitist hipster fans" mentality
I mean, you really aren't a "made guy" on the indie scene until you work a BOLA.

There is a reason guys drop everything and take less money to work PWG.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:51 pm

John The Drummer wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:Watching Pimpin in High Places. Does Excalibur's commentary ever quit being shit?

What I've learned: Watch all early PWG show's with the commentary turned off. I'm not sure what year they started to be good (maybe once they moved to Reseda permanently?) but their early shows have the WORST commentary ever.

I watched Jason Takes PWG the other night, and it wasn't so bad, not as bad as the other DVDs I own from back then.... but then halfway through it sounded like the guys were getting bored and just started to talk about random stuff. And if they did talk about the match, it was uninteresting and made you want to go to sleep. At one point during a 3 team tag match (I believe it was) one of the guys apologized for the match hitting a "dry spell" with not much going on to call... wtf kind of commentary is that? I get he was trying to be funny, but it just sounded like they were burying the match with the tone he used :?

Anyway.... short story long... I've learned to just turn off the commentary when watching any older shows :)

pretty sure they used to do it drunk at times. Hence getting worse as the show goes on. At the time people loved the commentary. We had weird tastes in 2005.

wac

Post by wac » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
supersonic wrote:

Don't wanna be mean or anything cause I don't know him personally and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but this guy seems to have figured out a way to land on the worst possible take on literally every subject related to wrestling in the most stubborn possible way and I am constantly seeing people I follow on Twitter getting dragged into long arguments with him. I don't get it.

matt

Post by matt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:41 pm

wac wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:
supersonic wrote:

Don't wanna be mean or anything cause I don't know him personally and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but this guy seems to have figured out a way to land on the worst possible take on literally every subject related to wrestling in the most stubborn possible way and I am constantly seeing people I follow on Twitter getting dragged into long arguments with him. I don't get it.
Some people love attention and being contrary to popular opinion is a good way to get it

Dobber34

Post by Dobber34 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:15 pm

I think that guy decided he was going to be the next Fray (insufferable, constant tweeting, hot takes) a few months ago.