PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Hobbes

Re: PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

Post by Hobbes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:07 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:For those who own it: Is THIRTEEN worth a buy? I've been debating buying either THIRTEEN or ROH's new Briscoes comp.
I gave a more extended review on my blog but I'll save you reading my overlong crap and sum it up quicker. I would call it a good, but not great show. I thought the main event bordered on great, I thought the Bucks/DBE tag bordered on very good, and I enjoyed the Trent/Chuck garbage match, although I think that one will polarize opinions. Everything else was good but nothing special, with the exception of Scurll/Callihan, which was an overlong aimless marathon with the crowd meowing a third of the time.

Oh, and Roddy's farewell is on the DVD and it's a nice little few minutes. He says PWG gave him his fiance and the camera pans to her and she looks either in tears or close to tears, which was a real touching moment.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:03 am

If the rumors of Will and Scurll being ROH regulars after the UK tour are true, does that mean there's a more likely chance that Ospreay will work more PWG Dates, and does it make Marty winning the PWG Title more likely?

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:49 am

Sweet! BOLA goes out in a few days.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:45 pm

YUSSSSSSSSS!!! Cannot wait! I also have Thirteen and Prince to catch up on. This'll be a MUCH NEEDED over abundance of PWG.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:27 pm

And I can't complain about a one month time between the show happening and the show heading out.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:59 am

Got an email a few days back saying the DVDs were shipped!.... but probably won't be here until Friday. Can I wait that long!?

stienerontheforklift

Post by stienerontheforklift » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:05 pm

Ordering this year's BOLA was the first time ordering straight from the PWG website. I only received a Paypal receipt and that was months ago. Is this usual with them or is something up?

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Was told I would receive the BOLA DVDs on Friday by Highspots UK. Got them this morning so I can't complain about the turn around at all.

I have only watched the first two matches but I loved Scurll vs Pentagon and Cobb vs Ricochet. I hope to have finished watching them by Sunday.

stienerontheforklift

Post by stienerontheforklift » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:24 am

Night 2. Christ. It's honestly up there with the Wrestlekingdom for show of the year. Everything was great, apart from Cody vs Callihan, I didn't go full five on the main event but I love how much they tried and how innovative it felt. The Fenix/Pentagon vs Heroes match was very close to a full five as well. I really don't know how they're going to top this next year.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Are anyone elses DVDs skipping? I took mine over to my friends and it seemed every time we got to the second half of the disc it would start to skip... couldnt even watch Bucks/Cole vs Ospreay/Ricochet/Sydal . Tried it briefly when I got home and they SEEMED to be work ok on mine, but didn't have enough time to try it out for the long run.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:15 pm

I really don't know why it hasn't hit me earlier but I just realized that 99% sure they do Mark Andrews/Chris Hero at the next show

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:19 am

Just re-watched Night 2 main event. So incredible. Especially that finishing stretch. The visual of the crowd just losing their mind in those last 30 seconds... grown men jumping up and down like schoolgirls. Easy 5 star match.

One of those 'wrestling has come so far and is amazing' matches.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

wac

Post by wac » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Sabre/End on night 1 didn't get nearly enough buzz IMO. Incredible match.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:30 am

It was. There was way too much great stuff that weekend so the earlier it happened, the more it fell through the cracks. Like even Fenix/Pentagon vs Hero/End. Easy MOTYC, highly pimped match on most shows. But then that main event happened and it was the talk of the building afterwards. Some people (not me) even said Riddle/Kyle was ****1/2-ish and also a MOTYC.

I thought Cobb/Ricochet on Night 1 was absolutely incredible but when we were listing our favorite matches after Night 3 I totally forgot it had happened.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:07 pm

Jason Kincaid's getting a lot of praise in the ROH thread, and I do think he would be a fantastic fit in PWG. He kinda reminds me of Mike Bailey. Unconventional look and some really unique offense. I think Kincaid would fit perfectly against anyone really. Hero, Cobb, Lee, Sabre, ect.