PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
RobViper13

Re: PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

Post by RobViper13 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:57 am

Again, I don't want to come off as just a PWG $hill but really as incredible as that video is... it doesn't do the main event justice. It was so nuts it would be hard to condense it into 30 seconds of clip anyways. Love Excalibur's screaming at the end. LOL

I'm just gonna keep re-watching that Fenix moonsault dive to see every single fan's reaction. The buzz in the building afterwards was such an awesome moment. Nobody could believe what they just saw.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

wac

Post by wac » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:08 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:BOLA Day two Preview

Holy shit, that Fenix moonsault is as good as everyone said

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Jesus I hope Riddle isn't someone who is a one-and-done with PWG I need more of him there. He's such a natural fit.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Called it! THIRTEEN goes out tomorrow

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:20 pm

I finally ordered Prince last night.... but also had "Pre Orders" for THIRTEEN and BOLA too.... so hopefully BOLA doesn't get released too late since they won't ship until everything is available.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:44 am

King Of Indy Style wrote:Jesus I hope Riddle isn't someone who is a one-and-done with PWG I need more of him there. He's such a natural fit.
Would be amazed if he isn't back. Same with Haskins.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:46 am

Meltz has officially given Ospreay/Ricochet/Sydal vs. Cole/Young Bucks 5 Stars. I think it's PWG's first 5 Star match.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:11 am

My favorite PWG match ever is Ricochet/Rich Swann/AR Fox vs Kevin Steen/Young Bucks from the Christmas show in 2013 (or 2012?). That's my definition of a perfect match. Can't wait to watch this one on DVD to compare the two.

Fenix got ****1/2 for every match of his this weekend. LOL

I can already see the outrage will come in saying he overrates PWG and underrates WWE. It's inevitable.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:06 am

King Of Indy Style wrote:Meltz has officially given Ospreay/Ricochet/Sydal vs. Cole/Young Bucks 5 Stars. I think it's PWG's first 5 Star match.
Yep. The first five-star match for all guys involved as well. Ospreay's only the second ever Brit to get the full five, after Dynamite Kid in 1983.

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:15 pm

After the match was over, I instantly thought 5 stars as well so I am not surprised he gave it the full 5. For some reason I felt that he was going to give the Bucks vs. Fenix/Pentagon the full 5 as well but I guess I cant argue with 4.5 stars. Fenix had an exceptional weekend and I am glad I wasn't the only one that thought that. I heard Dave talking after night 3 and he was saying this may have been the best BOLA ever in his opinion and I guess based on all his ratings he confirmed that statement.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:29 pm

itsberlo wrote:I heard Dave talking after night 3 and he was saying this may have been the best BOLA ever in his opinion and I guess based on all his ratings he confirmed that statement.
I think dave's only been to one other BOLA, last year, and didn't stay for all three nights. His conversion to semi-regular PWG watching is...a year and a half? I'm pretty sure he's not a completist on such things given his complaints about time to get the newsletter out and having a family (I doubt he's even seen Night 3 from last year)

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Who is the owner/promoter of PWG? Is it still the original six or is it just Excalibur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:03 am

I wonder what's stalling the Day 3 preview, you'd think they wouldn't release the Day 1 or 2 preview if they didn't have all 3 ready to go.
syxxpakk wrote:Who is the owner/promoter of PWG? Is it still the original six or is it just Excalibur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I'm aware it's just Excalibur and Super Dragon. I'm not 100% sure who handles what exactly but I do know Dragon does the YouTube previews and most of the booking. Excalibur does a lot of the graphics and site stuff.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:54 am

BOLA Stage 3 Preview

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:27 am

No Meltzer Driver Somersault Plancha for free! HA!