PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
K. Hare

PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

Post by K. Hare » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:31 am

Instead of random threads about different events like on the old board, everything can be posted here in one place.

Announced Threemendous IV lineup:
Young Bucks vs. Jack Evans/Angelico
Akira Tozawa vs. Ricochet
Chris Hero vs. Speedball Mike Bailey
Team Tremendous vs. World's Cutest Tag Team

Battle of Los Angeles 2015 lineup
1) Will Ospreay
2) Marty Scurll
3) Timothy Thatcher
4) "Speedball" Mike Bailey
5) Chris Hero
6) Biff Busick
7) Mark Andrews
8) Brian Cage
9) Ricochet
10) Tommy End
11) Trevor Lee
12) Pentagon Jr.
13) Drew Gulak
14) Angelico
15) Trent Barreta
16) Andrew Everett
17) Fenix
18) Rich Swann
19) Jack Evans
20) Drago
21) Matt Sydal
22) Aero Star
23) Zack Sabre Jr.
24) Drew Galloway

After a "down" 2014, PWG has been very great from December on. I was already more into this year than the past few, but the results of Mystery Vortex 3 make me more excited for anything PWG than I have been in at least 2-3 years, maybe even longer.

K. Hare

Re: PWG 2015

Post by K. Hare » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 am

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:31 am

PWG really just knows the way to my heart. Tozawa/Ricochet and Buck/Evans and Angelico, good lord people. As far as BOLA goes, the most logical pick at this point seems to be Trevor Lee.

Mogel

Post by Mogel » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:24 am

I can't even believe how PWG has made me love Roderick Strong. Not even talking about the formation of 2.0, everything about him since initially challenging for the title/the title reign itself has had my full attention. It's even made me even more enthralled by his older matches, which I was left RAW levels of bored on first watch.

And if Trevor Lee isn't winning BOLA this year, he is sure as hell going to be tearing the house down in the Finals.
THE CAPTAIN Image YOUR CAPTAIN

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 pm

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:48 pm

So, DDT4 really wasn't that great was it? Maybe the worst PWG show in a few years. I'm fully confident it was just a blip with a weird atmosphere for whatever reason. Sounds like Vortex was phenomenal and we're heading into can't miss shows after that.

the Hero/Strong/Cage three way might be the worst match I've ever seen any of those men in, and is my new glaring example of why I hate 3 ways.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:05 am

I feel like there were a few shows in 2014 that were on the same level. DDT4, Mystery Vortex 2 off the top of my head

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:57 am

Had the opportunity to attend Mystery Vortex III live, which is admittedly hard to rate because it was my first PWG and one of my first super-indy experiences so I feel like I would have loved it even if it wasn't the best show they'd had all year. With that said, the PWG faithful in the building seemed to love it as well, and people also got into the storyline towards the end in a very marked way.

I think the aftermath with the heel faction was a shock since so many shows have been low on storyline and high on match quality (I still haven't seen DDT4 from this year, the DVD's sitting on my desk somewhere). We'd just told our new fan friend that PWG doesn't really do storyline continuity so it'll be easy to grasp what's going on, and then this show doubled down on heels being dicks (Roddy is such a good jerk in this promotion, I love it) and the babyfaces getting decimated. I boo'ed my voice hoarse, and marked out by yelling "You guys are bad people!". It'll be nice to see the babyfaces' comeback eventually, and I'm super excited to see how the LU luchadors mix it up with the indy talent during BOLA.

Speedball is my latest favorite, if he doesn't accidentally kill himself first. Him vs Strong was probably the best match of that show, and I'm psyched to see whether they like him enough to have Hero put him over. I think Hero's in a place where he could lose every match and still be the big brother of the promotion, always welcome and always considered a favorite to win by the fans.

LuckyLuuk

Post by LuckyLuuk » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Gonna check out BOLA for the first time this year for fellow Dutchman Tommy End.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:11 pm

I'm a little surprised that we only have half a card (four matches thus far) for the show tomorrow night. Maybe they're bringing in some surprises? Perhaps they're bringing in the AAA/Lucha Underground guys they've announced for BOLA?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:20 am

The first two non-tournament matches have been announced for BOLA:

Night 1

- Six-Man Tag - Mount Rushmore 2.0 (PWG World Champion Roderick Strong & PWG World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks) vs. Tommy End, Marty Scurll, & Zack Sabre Jr.

Night 2

- Six-Man Tag Team Guerrilla Warfare Match - Mount Rushmore 2.0 (Super Dragon & PWG World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks) vs. Andrew Everett, Trevor Lee & Biff Busick

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:56 pm

They've released all, at least I believe it's all, of the first round matches for BoLA. Very lazy and uninspired booking from Dragon. Guys from LU should not be facing one another, same for WWN guys. They could (and in some cases have faced) face each other in their home promotion and probably will be booked to face one another there is they haven't already. Tournament would have felt way more fresh if you had LU guys against PWG guys, WWN guys against LU guys, and so on and so forth.

abrasiveobelisksa

Post by abrasiveobelisksa » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:19 pm

BillThompson wrote:They've released all, at least I believe it's all, of the first round matches for BoLA. Very lazy and uninspired booking from Dragon. Guys from LU should not be facing one another, same for WWN guys. They could (and in some cases have faced) face each other in their home promotion and probably will be booked to face one another there is they haven't already. Tournament would have felt way more fresh if you had LU guys against PWG guys, WWN guys against LU guys, and so on and so forth.
Most of the LU guys don't speak English, which could make it hard for a match to be done well.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:37 pm

also, they're just the 1st round matches man. There is bound to be more culture clashes in later rounds. I'm happy we're getting a few bouts with showcase guys who are in their with someone they can do their best work with. Andrews vs Will could be the showstealer of the weekend.