WWE NXT (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: WWE NXT 2019 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by supersonic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Cole has always been clearly told going back several years that he’d have a lengthy NXT cornerstone run. I don’t see him moving up until Tampa at the absolute soonest next year.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:44 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu May 02, 2019 3:22 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu May 02, 2019 9:43 pm

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates ... ets-282841
The expectation is that the next Takeover show will be 6/1 in Bridgeport, CT at the Webster Bank Arena. Last night at the NXT TV tapings they announced the date, but not the location. But that was the city going around.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sun May 05, 2019 6:06 pm

KUSHIDA might just work in WWE. Debut was v strong...not even focusing on the in-ring. They hit on the entrance. Thought he has a nice framework for WWE house style with his signatures, etc. I'm not saying he'll be Finn Balor on the main roster, but I feel like he's got to clean up the same things Finn Balor did down in NXT with the entrance, getting comfortable with his character, getting acquainted with the house style and showed enough very early in the NXT run that the framework to be successful is there.

He can speak English a lot better than a lot of other Japanese imports, sans Tozawa.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue May 07, 2019 4:32 am

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:21 pm

NXT Takeover 25 was a success. Really good show.

Matt Riddle v. Roderick Strong - it'll be a sad day when Roddy gets called up the main roster. He's one of the best workers in the world and Vince won't get him (obv). I just hope Roddy can't do comedy. ****1/2

Velveteen Dream (c) v. Tyler Breeze - Breeze was really fun to watch when the working standard in NXT lower. He looked out of place here, even though he worked hard. The match went on way too long for me. Velveteen Dream could and should be a legitimate future money making draw...until Vince gets to him. RIP. ***1/4

Tag Team Ladder Match - Kyle O'Reilly took an absolutely beating and was nearly decapitated by the Forgotten Sons on that spot with the double germans. The final moment was all worth it though with the Profits winning the belt. This is what developmental is for. Montez Ford is a future star for anyone but Vince. ****1/4

Shayna Baszler (c) v. Io Shirai - Shayna is the best female wrestler in the world. Fight me. She is so different then anyone else and works as a great base for everyone in NXT. I thought they left a lot on the table here, and it seems that was for a reason as Shayna v. Io II is coming up with some sort of stipulation. ***3/4

Johnny Gargano (c) v. Adam Cole - If you asked me what NXT House Style is...I would submit this match as the definition. Now, I know...some people are going to kill this match because of the spammed finishers and the 2.9999 kickouts. However, when you have two years of Johnny Gargano matches where he needs to be killed to lose...you have to kill him to beat him. Those 2.9's and spammed finishers needed to happen here to deliver a believable finish. I really liked the match and it got really really good by the end. No shenanigans finish. Shoot spammed Panama Sunrises into my veins. Never gets old. ****1/2

Why can't we get NXT v. AEW Monday Night Warz. Would be so good. Get main roster WWE the fvck outta here.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:37 pm

With the exception of Bazler/Shirai, I thought everything was varying degrees of good-great. Riddle/Strong was a heck of an open and Gargano/Cole was a heck of a close. That said, I just feel like it wasn't as special as prior Takeovers. It felt like one the old Full Sail Takeovers before the shows got paired with major events. It wasn't bad at all, don't get me wrong. It was very strong. But compared to Philly, Brooklyn, New York, etc. it just didn't compare at all. I attribute it mostly to my inability to really keep up with the TV leading up to it during the months of April/May, but that's how I feel.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:42 pm

Probably the second best Takeover this year behind NY (which will be pretty hard to beat). Cole/Gargano II is now number 2 on my MOTY list and would likely have been number one absent the ref/chair stuff. They have amazing chemistry and really pull the viewer into the match. I would guess they do one more in Toronto and then send Gargano out of NXT.

Riddle/Strong was also excellent and just a fantastic performance by both guys.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:37 am

Am i mad to go ****3/4 on Strong v Riddle?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:13 pm

Ckkj14 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:37 am
Am i mad to go ****3/4 on Strong v Riddle?
I had it a tick lower, but nothing wrong with that.

PrivateRadio87

Post by PrivateRadio87 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm watching now, probably about midway through Shirai/Baszler. I think this show is just kinda okay? I thought the 'Mania weekend Takeover was unbelievable by comparison. Riddle/Strong was great, of course. The ladder match was CRUSHING until the neverending run-in derailed the whole thing for me. Breeze/Dream should not have been fought in the grueling-NXT-title-match-kick-out formula. It should have been fast, fun and shorter. It was a fine match but it kinda felt silly to see Dream pushed to the limit by a main roster guy who couldn't beat anyone. Dream/Riddle was one of my favorite matches of the year, I wish this went in a different direction. I would have loved a quicker match where Breeze got to prove he's still good in the ring when he's allowed to be and that's it. The women's match seems pretty good so far, and if Cole/Gargano is as good as everyone says it is that'll be a treat. Getting knocked on my ass by a good Strong/Riddle match and a title match we just saw on the last Takeover is a good show, but not really doing it for me by Takeover standards.
Twitter: @FatmansAlright
Grappl: @PrivateRadio87
More thoughts on an often thoughtless medium: Writing Spirit Unleashed

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:34 am

@Joe Lanza

When they were giving out gimmicks, Kona Reeves took his off of the woman's pile. In the snake draft, he sniped Bianca Belair for THE FINEST gimmick.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:53 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:40 pm