All Elite Wrestling (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: Official All Elite Wrestling (AEW) Thread

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:20 am

A much better rollout than the NYE thing. Pretty decent starting lineup and pretty wise to push the show out till spring. I feared they'd try Mania weekend, but this was clearly a much better play

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:38 am

Mayu Iwatani is supposed to work MSG but Elite is trying to convince her to join them and leave Stardom.

Also Elite tried to sign Viper but she's WWE bound.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:47 am

> The audacity of trying to sign away Mayu Iwatani.

Speechless.

Ewan

Post by Ewan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 am

Kana is signing with WWE

Dave Meltzer: "probably the best women's wrestler in the world right now, apart from Satomura"

Io Shirai is signing with WWE

Dave Meltzer: "probably the best women's wrestler in the world right now, apart from Satomura"

Mayu Iwatani might sign with AEW

Dave Meltzer "probably the best women's wrestler in the world right now, apart from Satomura"

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 pm

I am excited to see interested were they go, I hoping they can sponsor work visas for the Super Smash Brothers.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 pm

We are already seeing the effects of AEW's existence. I didn't watch Smackdown, but I saw the GIF of Rey giving Almas a destroyer. Having the OWE guys on TV will force WWE to step up their in ring product, whether they like it or not. I feel like even casual fans want great matches, and not just over the top characters. I think WWE is gonna start removing the "handcuffs", and last night was evidence of that.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm

The battle will not be won with in-ring action. AEW will succeed, if it tells stories that build some members of their roster to legitimate stars that are must see and continuously draw crowds and viewers. And that may force WWE to finally step up their game at developing new draws on their side.

IIDXias

Post by IIDXias » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Kirk D wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm
The battle will not be won with in-ring action. AEW will succeed, if it tells stories that build some members of their roster to legitimate stars that are must see and continuously draw crowds and viewers. And that may force WWE to finally step up their game at developing new draws on their side.
if you think in-ring isn't important in 2019 you're not paying attention honestly. the crowd that actually shows up to WWE PPVs and to a lesser extent to RAW/SD is more of a "MOVEZ" crowd than they've ever drawn in their existence. what got over consistently last year was fast-paced, action-packed matches. this isn't 1995
Last edited by IIDXias on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 am

IIDXias wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 pm
Kirk D wrote:
if you think in-ring isn't important in 2019 you're not paying attention honestly. the crowd that actually shows up to WWE PPVs and to a lesser extent to RAW/SD is more of a "MOVEZ" crowd than they've ever drawn in their existence. what got over consistently last yera was fast-paced, action-packed matches. this isn't 1995
That’s not the casual audience that needs to be brought back though.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 am

Kirk D wrote:
I'm not saying you're wrong, but if one by product is WWE is forced to have much better wrestling up and down the card that is a good thing.

rollup

Post by rollup » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

steve

Post by steve » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Back in the early days of Progress, the Jimmy Havoc story for me made the organization. And served to confuse me because I’d not have thought myself into the plunder matches, but in particular his matches with Ospreay and Paul Robinson were great. So I hope he gets a good run in AEW, at the very least I think they’ve picked up a “Mankind” type wrestler who can use the mic and is willing to use his body to put another over.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Observer:
WWE is making a lot of moves right now in foreign markets. NJPW and AEW are as well. Discussions opening up beneath the surface. AEW had a TV meeting on Friday that went real well. No TV deal signed yet but it looks good. It’s real, a strong station and the best deal that any non WWE show has had since WCW. Better than Spike.

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:23 am

I know people have been waiting for New Japan to shiv ROH in the back for years now, but with AEW now working with AAA and no one ever considering that possibility between NJPW and CMLL can we now put to bed any notion of New Japan working with AEW?

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:08 pm

We certainly can. It's disappointing that AEW and NJPW won't be working together, at least for now, but NJPW's American expansion is going to take a massive hit.