Moronic Fans Who Spend Hundreds of Dollars To Act Like Assholes (Or Why I don't Care if you don't like Roman Reigns)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk

mlev76

Re: Moronic Fans Who Spend Hundreds of Dollars To Act Like Assholes (Or Why I don't Care if you don't like Roman Reigns)

Post by mlev76 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:01 pm

supersonic wrote:
Given Mr. Brooks' vocal annoyance at fans misbehaving when they inconvenience him in a manner he doesn't like, I really don't think he has much of a leg to stand on.

mlev76

Re: Moronic Fans Who Spend Hundreds of Dollars To Act Like Assholes (Or Why I don't Care if you don't like Roman Reigns)

Post by mlev76 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:06 pm

VonLInus wrote:
cbacon87 wrote:

I don't think leading a thread by saying 'Moronic Fans acting like assholes' is a polite questioning of motive. Maybe that's just me. And I think people are talking about it quite politely further down the thread. I know I am.

LIke you can question something but if someone answers 'We have a perfect right to boo what we like', then really, what else is there to say? You disagree. I'm not sure questioning further is going to get further.
No, it was purposefully not polite for the very reason that those folks were not polite themselves. They were selfish assholes who didn't consider many (myself included) do not give a flying fuck about their grievances with WWE or Reigns and just wanted to watch the match. I watch wrestling for the wrestling. The fans are a part of what makes a match or breaks it, but they are secondary. And on Sunday, they tried to be the main thing at play.

If you believe they have the right to voice their concerns any way they see fit, then why shouldn't I be able to say they are moronic assholes who wasted money to behave like spoiled children in need of a spanking.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Can't believe I agree with Sonic here.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:09 am

mlev76 wrote:
VonLInus wrote:
cbacon87 wrote:

I don't think leading a thread by saying 'Moronic Fans acting like assholes' is a polite questioning of motive. Maybe that's just me. And I think people are talking about it quite politely further down the thread. I know I am.

LIke you can question something but if someone answers 'We have a perfect right to boo what we like', then really, what else is there to say? You disagree. I'm not sure questioning further is going to get further.
No, it was purposefully not polite for the very reason that those folks were not polite themselves. They were selfish assholes who didn't consider many (myself included) do not give a flying fuck about their grievances with WWE or Reigns and just wanted to watch the match. I watch wrestling for the wrestling. The fans are a part of what makes a match or breaks it, but they are secondary. And on Sunday, they tried to be the main thing at play.

If you believe they have the right to voice their concerns any way they see fit, then why shouldn't I be able to say they are moronic assholes who wasted money to behave like spoiled children in need of a spanking.
I didn't say you couldn't? The whole thing about freedom of expression is that it's expressed freely. Go for it my dude.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Imagine feeling entitled to others behaving in a certain way. Imagine not doing the right thing which would be to blast Vince McMahon for sticking around long past his puppet master glory days. Dude’s idea on generating a top guy got totally exposed for the tired, expired shit it truly is and the Superdome was a hilarious social experiment to experience in person.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm

I’m gonna draw an out of the box comparison to hopefully hammer this point home.

The paying fans who “misbehaved” were putting on a form of nonviolent protest towards the idea and/or path taken for that match. Just like those who “disrespect our troops” simply put on a nonviolent protest during disengious patriotic ceremonies at live events, with the protest being against racial inequality at the hands of law enforcement.

Where they also compare is the method of protest ends up hijacking the root reason (which is honestly FAR more egregious) for the protest itself. Instead of rightfully blaming Vince and his crew for creating the mess, blame the nonviolent protesters. Instead of blaming a flawed justice system and law enforcement culture for creating a mass anxiety resulting in various protest displays, go for the low-hanging fruit of patriotism and the the Tripp’s somehow getting disrespected.

Ultimately, it just shows that Levy doesn’t feel bothered by the idea/path of Lesnar vs. Reigns, and because it doesn’t bother him, everyone else should just stand aside and eat it. Just like people of color being told by Caucasians who have never experienced racial profiling get told to respect the anthem.

As Shannon Sharpe has made clear, a protest is meant to cause disturbance and discomfort, so that the root problem can be addressed with all parties coming to the table and reaching a resolution. Unfortunately, those who are complicit in racial profiling tend to be far too egocentric to admit wrong and have the appropriate empathy for people of color. Just like Vince McMahon will ALWAYS be too much of an egocentric, fallacious carny to ever listen to his protesting consumer core, which means the disturbing, discomforting protests will continue, much to the disapproval of others who are far too egocentric themselves to ever understand why the protests exist in the first place.

Of course, I await some lowest common denominator troll to respond “OMG you’re comparing wrestling booking to racial profiling!” To anyone who wants to respond in that way - reading comprehension is your friend.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:43 pm

mlev76 wrote:I don't think I've ever been angrier about a crowd than I currently am about how the crowd acting during the main event tonight. I generally agree that you pay your money, you get to basically say and do what you want in the confines of acceptable behavior. But, tonight was different.

Instead of 1) giving the match a chance or 2) walking out and showing a true sense of protest, fans crapped all over the match from the moment the bell rang. It wasn't that they were objecting to the work or picking a side and booing against it. No, these were people, many of whom who no doubt spent hundred if not thousands of dollars to attend the show and act with the same maturity and intelligence as my four year old mid temper tantrum. It was a pathetic display and I think all those involved should really reconsider attending live wrestling. What I saw was disrespectful to other fans, the wrestlers and those watching at home.

And, before you say "well, Roman gets shoved down our throat" or any other means of saying the same thing, kindly spare me. People who do this are not "voicing opposition to booking." They are being assholes. If you don't like the booking, you have many options: go to a non-WWE show instead, leave before the offending match or maybe just stay home and keep your juvenile behavior to the confines of your dwelling.
Thar last paragraph has eerie parallels to anthem protestors being told to go live in another country.

If I tell a friend that a behavior of his is bothersome, and his best response is “tough shit” or “fuck off,” then that won’t actually improve the relationship. It’d just expose him for the egocentric shit stain he really is.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 pm

"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 pm

supersonic wrote:Imagine feeling entitled to others behaving in a certain way. Imagine not doing the right thing which would be to blast Vince McMahon for sticking around long past his puppet master glory days. Dude’s idea on generating a top guy got totally exposed for the tired, expired shit it truly is and the Superdome was a hilarious social experiment to experience in person.
Imagine feeling entitled to act like an asshole to the detriment of thousands of other people.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 pm

supersonic wrote:I’m gonna draw an out of the box comparison to hopefully hammer this point home.

The paying fans who “misbehaved” were putting on a form of nonviolent protest towards the idea and/or path taken for that match. Just like those who “disrespect our troops” simply put on a nonviolent protest during disengious patriotic ceremonies at live events, with the protest being against racial inequality at the hands of law enforcement.

Where they also compare is the method of protest ends up hijacking the root reason (which is honestly FAR more egregious) for the protest itself. Instead of rightfully blaming Vince and his crew for creating the mess, blame the nonviolent protesters. Instead of blaming a flawed justice system and law enforcement culture for creating a mass anxiety resulting in various protest displays, go for the low-hanging fruit of patriotism and the the Tripp’s somehow getting disrespected.

Ultimately, it just shows that Levy doesn’t feel bothered by the idea/path of Lesnar vs. Reigns, and because it doesn’t bother him, everyone else should just stand aside and eat it. Just like people of color being told by Caucasians who have never experienced racial profiling get told to respect the anthem.

As Shannon Sharpe has made clear, a protest is meant to cause disturbance and discomfort, so that the root problem can be addressed with all parties coming to the table and reaching a resolution. Unfortunately, those who are complicit in racial profiling tend to be far too egocentric to admit wrong and have the appropriate empathy for people of color. Just like Vince McMahon will ALWAYS be too much of an egocentric, fallacious carny to ever listen to his protesting consumer core, which means the disturbing, discomforting protests will continue, much to the disapproval of others who are far too egocentric themselves to ever understand why the protests exist in the first place.

Of course, I await some lowest common denominator troll to respond “OMG you’re comparing wrestling booking to racial profiling!” To anyone who wants to respond in that way - reading comprehension is your friend.
I'm not quite sure why you're using my real name here other than as a purposeful way to attack/seek others to attack, but allow me to retort:

1) If your attempt is to compare these folks to Colin Kapernick or any of the football players protesting, please. Those players silently kneeled during the national anthem. They did not disrupt the game. They did not actually harm what people paid money to see. Whereas these fans did.

2) The root cause of the protest is irrelevant. If you think that a movie is going to suck, you don't get to go, heckle during the movie and be allowed to stay because the director has lost touch. That's not how any of this work.

3) You are clearly trying to equate protesting racial profiling and police violence with protesting booking decisions. I mean...it's a choice you made, a very poor, ill informed one, but let's not pretend you are comparing people with real grievances with people petulant spoiled assholes.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:14 am

Movie theaters tend to have silence policies. Live events don’t. The paying fans ARE entitled to be nonviolently disruptive to your detriment, and no amount of online ranting can legally change that. Live events are vulnerable to be hijacked at any time, this time it just didn’t happen to have as pleasant of a motivation as the 2013 Slammys.

And way to be LCD as I expected. Then again, you were instantly LCD and fallacious about veganism rather than showing an open-minded willingness to thoroughly research it, so nobody should be surprised. This thread has exposed you for the bitter shit stain you truly are, thinking that your sense of entitlement in front of your computer for $10 should somehow outweigh those who traveled across the globe and spent thousands to be present.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:02 am

"Bitter shit stain."

Thank you for standing up for the people I speak of here and giving a face to this sort of fan. Well done. And I'm done with you, sir. Best wishes.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:15 am

Ultimately, the people in attendance were 100% in the right with their behavior. It's not the first time that the business has seen it happen.

Past examples include:

Every Konnan match in ROH
Jeff Hardy vs. Joey Matthews vs. Krazy K - Death Before Dishonor
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar - WrestleMania XX
Batista vs. Big Show - WWECW at the Hammerstein

In each instance, if someone ranted like you have, I'd aggressively take them to task and justifiably belittle them for their conceited opinion just like I have with you. Do with that as you wish, at this point you're a waste of my time.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:31 am

mlev76 wrote:"Bitter shit stain."

Thank you for standing up for the people I speak of here and giving a face to this sort of fan. Well done. And I'm done with you, sir. Best wishes.
Be fair, you started the name calling (moronic, assholes) and insults here, and when I brought up that you were calling people names you didn't back down, you instead started complaining that you were being stifled. People can boo who they want, that's what SO CRAZY about these passionate WWE fans.

You might want to think about this 'No, it was purposefully not polite for the very reason that those folks were not polite themselves.'