All In in Chicago - Labor Day Weekend (Travel Thread)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

All In in Chicago - Labor Day Weekend (Travel Thread)

Post by supersonic » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:45 am

All In event standalone thread - http://voicesofwrestling.com/forum/view ... f=4&t=2798

FACEBOOK GROUP

The stars of Being the Elite, including the Young Bucks, Cody Rhodes, and Kenny Omega, are going for history in being the first non-WWE event since the War ended to draw an audience of at least 10,000 to one event on Labor Day weekend. The day before the historic "All In" event will also be the Starrcast convention.

In addition, AAW has booked an event. There are numerous non-wrestling activities to enjoy as well, including MLB home games in Chicago and as far north as Milwaukee.

Confirmed pro wrestling events:

Thursday, August 30
AAW Thursday Night @ 7:30PM
Logan Square Auditorium in Chicago, IL
To order tickets - https://aawpro.ticketleap.com/thursday-night/

Friday, August 31
AAW @ 7:30PM
Logan Square Auditorium in Chicago, IL
To order tickets - https://aawpro.ticketleap.com/august-31 ... _at_0730PM

Friday, August 31
Starrcast Convention
Location(s) TBD
For more info - https://www.starrcast.com/ and This tweet

Saturday, September 1
All In (evening hours expected)
Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, IL
For more info - https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018

Home game series for the Cubs, White Sox, and Brewers falling within a 3-day window of All In

Cubs vs. New York Mets @ Wrigley Field
Monday, August 27 @ 7:05PM
Tuesday, August 28 @ 7:05PM
Wednesday, August 29 @ 1:20PM

White Sox vs. Boston Red Sox @ Guaranteed Rate Field
Thursday, August 30 @ 7:10PM
Friday, August 31 @ 7:10PM
Saturday, September 1 @ 6:10PM
Sunday, September 2 @ 1:10PM

White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers @ Guaranteed Rate Field
Monday, September 3 @ 1:10PM
Tuesday, September 4 @ 7:10PM
Wednesday, September 5 @ 7:10PM

Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs @ Miller Park
Monday, September 3 @ 1:10PM
Tuesday, September 4 @ 7:10PM
Wednesday, September 5 @ 7:10PM

Dining and tourism suggestions still to come
Last edited by supersonic on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TGD287

Re: All In in Chicago - Labor Day Weekend (Travel Thread)

Post by TGD287 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 pm

The 9/2 Sox game is Hawk Day to celebrate his retirement, which may be a turn off obviously, but it's also their discounted Family Sunday so a great deal. For sure going up to Milwaukee for the Cubs game. It's not the most modern facility, but great tailgating and great views.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Tentative plans to have a BBQ/meetup of sorts at my place so let me know if you're planning on coming out and I'll add you to the tentative list. No clue IF i'm doing it for sure but i'll try.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Tentatively in for the BBQ.

The convention is officially four days, Thursday-Sunday.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Tentative plans to have a BBQ/meetup of sorts at my place so let me know if you're planning on coming out and I'll add you to the tentative list. No clue IF i'm doing it for sure but i'll try.
I may or may not announce that you and Coughlin have both volunteered to offer your places to crash for free.

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Tentative plans to have a BBQ/meetup of sorts at my place so let me know if you're planning on coming out and I'll add you to the tentative list. No clue IF i'm doing it for sure but i'll try.
I'd be "All in" if this happens

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Def in for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:15 am

Those of you who have yet to book a room, create an account with Extended Stay America. Your first booking will be eligible to use a hotel-issued PERKS promo code to receive 20% off the reservation. This could be a terrific bargain as Extended Stay America provides full kitchen service, perfect to cut down on dining expenses and allow for late-night cooking.

Personal suggestion: whether you are a AAA member or not, check to see if your location of choice is AAA-approved. This isn't a suggestion to price compare and purchase a AAA membership, but to allow you the piece of mind that the location satisfies AAA's high standards.

WrestleCast

Post by WrestleCast » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:57 am

I'm coming into Chicago for a few days for this. I'll have one other with me and would love to get into all the festivities for this. Rich, awesome hospitality on the BBQ, we will jump in on that. Also if anyone has any interest to get together and just talk shop with wrestling any other days in town, once again we are going to spend a few days in town. My buddy has family in Park Forest, so we wanna spend some time in town.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 am

Suggested hotel: Extended Stay America Hotel Chicago - Woodfield Mall

With account sign-up, this hotel chain offers 20% off for up to 6 nights on a first reservation via code PERKS.

Located in Schaumburg, this particiluar location is no more than a 20-minute drive to the Sears Centre Arena. (AAW's chosen venue of Logan Square Auditorium is about 22 miles away on the shortest commute.)

This location is also a 15-30-minute walk from multiple shopping malls and shopping centers, plus grocery locations including Whole Foods, Target, Costco, and Trader Joe’s.

The MLB stadiums will be a long commute no matter what.

Amenities at this hotel location include breakfast, kitchen, dining/cooking utensils, and Wi-Fi.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:59 pm

You can throw in Warrior Wrestling in Chicago Heights on Sunday Night. They're essentially a charity promotion run by the principle of a high school as a fundraiser. Obviously it'll be entirely people in town for All In, and the first name is Rey Mysterio. I enjoyed the first show for what it was. Maybe not a must see, but if you're staying in town and aren't into tourism at that time, check it out.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Sinclair, in the same article as the MSG reveal, states that All In was funded by them.

Do people care? Is this a betrayal? Is it realistically the only way they could do this? Do people like the story and don't care about the reality?

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:34 pm

I know that's what people are reading out of those lines. And they could be right. But I read that..
As part of Sinclair's plans to grow Ring of Honor and take advantage of a "very passionate fanbase," Ripley said the promotion's events are starting to take place at large venues. A show set to take place this year in Chicago sold out 10,000 seats in less than an hour.
..and thought this was a Sinclair exec just taking credit for a success to a business writer who wouldn't know any better. The rep with Sinclair to this point is they're hands off and not really paying attention to ROH outside of the finances. I'd even be willing to believe the exec was told about the show, told about a plan to run MSG next year as something to talk about in this interview, and may not even actually know himself who's paying for All In because it's below his pay grade.

I still think that if ROH is paying for this, and getting none of the credit outside of mentions in business articles, it's really foolish, ROH making a strong bet on Cody & Young Bucks sticking around long term.

Assuming ROH is funding it and their cover just got blown, this doesn't hurt All In at all. They sold their tickets, and they'll sell their streaming rights and merchandise fine. It does hurt the narrative they're trying to sell, that the Bucks and Cody did it all themselves and could do it without corporate backing because they're so over. That sort of authenticity seems more important as a selling point today. But they're also going to look like giant stars if All In goes well and it's not going to matter.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:18 pm

thecubsfan wrote:I know that's what people are reading out of those lines. And they could be right. But I read that..
As part of Sinclair's plans to grow Ring of Honor and take advantage of a "very passionate fanbase," Ripley said the promotion's events are starting to take place at large venues. A show set to take place this year in Chicago sold out 10,000 seats in less than an hour.
..and thought this was a Sinclair exec just taking credit for a success to a business writer who wouldn't know any better. The rep with Sinclair to this point is they're hands off and not really paying attention to ROH outside of the finances. I'd even be willing to believe the exec was told about the show, told about a plan to run MSG next year as something to talk about in this interview, and may not even actually know himself who's paying for All In because it's below his pay grade.

I still think that if ROH is paying for this, and getting none of the credit outside of mentions in business articles, it's really foolish, ROH making a strong bet on Cody & Young Bucks sticking around long term.

Assuming ROH is funding it and their cover just got blown, this doesn't hurt All In at all. They sold their tickets, and they'll sell their streaming rights and merchandise fine. It does hurt the narrative they're trying to sell, that the Bucks and Cody did it all themselves and could do it without corporate backing because they're so over. That sort of authenticity seems more important as a selling point today. But they're also going to look like giant stars if All In goes well and it's not going to matter.
You could be entirely correct. I thought it was definitely possible to wiggle a denial out of that.

In terms of the narrative, you're right that at least financially, it doesn't matter. But, for the future, if this is meant to be a beginning and not an end, it might taint the concept. Me? I'm not going and unless they stream it, I won't see it. I believe they're no better or worse hustlers than anyone else and don't hold them up on any pedestal.