Re: All In: September 1

Post by supersonic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:03 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 am

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Tickets on sale Sunday, May 13 at 3 PM local CST. Same day as the press conference at PWT, and the ROH show that night. There has to be something happening at the box office.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Wed May 02, 2018 11:27 pm

After listening to Jericho's pod with the Young Bucks released today (recorded before WK12 apparently), it's nearly a lock Jericho will be there. Fozzy's Tour schedule only goes to August thus far so that needs to be confirmed, but:

- The Bucks straight up asked Jericho if he's "All-In" and said they were looking at a potential participant in one of the matches right now (referring to Y2J)

- Jericho is running the Jericho Cruise (Rock N' Rager Wrestling) in October 2018, one month after All In (Sept 2018). The Bucks are participating in that. What better way to repay the Bucks than to participate in their venture?

- Rock n' Rager being in oct 2018 also suggest Jericho won't be re-signing with WWE before then, which is consistent with the active Fozzy schedule that runs across Europe in August 2018. WWE notably declined to help Jericho when he asked HHH if perhaps HHH would want to send some NXT talent for the cruiser. Jericho was legit pissed at WWE's handling of it. Given that he's not under contract now, and he won't be under contract before then . . . there's nothing stopping him.

- Jericho seemed genuinely enthused about helping the "little guy" because it helps the wrestling market as a whole beyond WWE.

Plenty of matches are possible, but . . .

Jericho v Okada?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed May 02, 2018 11:53 pm

I’ll predict Naito vs.Jericho for the IC Title. The dynamic of Naito being whatever about that belt, while Jericho prides himself on what he did with its equivalent in WWE.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 am

I would love that but PW Insider's report suggests that will happen at Dominion in June

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu May 03, 2018 3:15 am

Saw that, so here's my left field pitch I've wanted ever since Jericho went freelance:

Yes, I want the singles dream matches against Lethal, Daniels, Aries, even an expired Shelley. But if you wanna have something FUN and "edgy," here you go.

Young Bucks vs. Thrillseekers. The latter hold up the match at the last minute, with Storm saying that he is here to wrestle "the right way, which means no Superkick Party." The Bucks oblige.

Not only do the Seekers end up spamming superkicks, but they pull out the surprise of their creator, motherfucking James By God Cornette, making an appearance and smacking the Bucks with his tennis racket, complete with Cornette post-match ranting promo afterwards, with the SMW trio saying something like "you wanted to be big time, welcome to the big time, you little league spot monkey skid marks."

This leads to the rematch with the Bucks going over, either on the Jericho cruise, or at Final Battle. Should it be on the cruise, then the Bucks do not have to worry about Cornette for obvious reasons.

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Bucks have said in the past that they never want to do anything with Cornette. So that's not happening.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri May 04, 2018 11:36 pm

Angry216 wrote:Bucks have said in the past that they never want to do anything with Cornette. So that's not happening.
And that’s EXACTLY why it’s best for business. Blur the lines in a way that draws money and without exposing the business.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri May 04, 2018 11:40 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat May 05, 2018 1:59 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu May 10, 2018 12:45 am

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Thu May 10, 2018 3:02 pm

supersonic wrote:
This is one of the most puzzling moves yet. None of the announcements have lit the world on fire yet (unless you count Okada I guess) but if you've already reached the "Matt Cross" portion of announcements we might be in trouble.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Actually, they should be holding back on the big names at this point to see how the tickets are moving, and to strategically drop them throughout the summer. Although I imagine there'll be some huge ones coming up with the PWT announcement tomorrow and the press conference on Sunday. I feel like it's gotta be Punk for PWT, with the in ring appearance coming post UFC.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Perhaps I'm alone in this belief, but I don't see this as being about the stars and I feel like if you're waiting on a big name, you might be disappoiunted.

Much like WWE sells the spectacle and brand, this show is selling DIY being capable of anything. I'm sure the goal is to make it a great show, but it's really more about proving that you can book this type of event by depending on yourself and your friends.