- Stick it to Vince
- Gets to be the main event of a big show with a bunch of his friends
- Could be his last match ever and go out on a super high note
- Could probably work whoever he wanted in any type of match he wanted
- He could reasonably package himself and AJ Lee for a double payday
- In Chicago

The case against:

- Not gonna get paid great for it
- Bit weird for a guy who's biggest goal was to "Main event Wrestlemania" to maybe kill the possibility of that ever happening
- Hasn't shown any public interest in wrestling anywhere else on Earth, even for other shows where it would've made sense for him to come back for
- Still seems pretty insistent on MMA being his focus right now

SuperplexlariatBW

Re: All In: September 1

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:43 pm

The Bucks are so brilliant having this show take place a few months before their contracts expire.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:11 pm

armsofsleep wrote:The case for Punk:

- Stick it to Vince
- In Chicago

The case against:

- Bit weird for a guy who's biggest goal was to "Main event Wrestlemania" to maybe kill the possibility of that ever happening
- Hasn't shown any public interest in wrestling anywhere else on Earth, even for other shows where it would've made sense for him to come back for

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:11 pm

armsofsleep wrote:The case for Punk:

- Stick it to Vince
- In Chicago

The case against:

The best case for him would be that he actually does want wrestlers to have more options and better options. In his DVD, it always seemed that
"making this place better" was as important to him as personal goals. Is that still true? His behavior post leaving WWE doesn't suggest he cares all that much about the industry, but that may be due to residual anger and trauma from how things ended with WWE. He can no longer do good in WWE by going back without eating a ton of shit real or imagined. Making it possible for independent wrestlers to draw on a huge level and not need WWE would do good things for wrestlers in and out of WWE. So, ultimately, to me it comes down to 1) does he have that same passion to improve the business or 2) has he truly written it off for good/for now?

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:16 pm

I wouldn't think this would ruin his WM chances anymore than the currently ongoing lawsuit the company is funding against him.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:44 pm

If Omega continues to stay this hot all year round then him vs Punk in a theoretical main event would easily clear 10k in Chicago.

Just wondering how they would pay him without taking a substantial loan..

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:18 am

They're seemingly one of the few in wrestling friends he hasn't cut off by now. I've always seen him appearing on this show as simply doing a favor for his buds, and thus money isn't going to be a sticking point.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:23 am

I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think Punk is interested. If he returns, he will pitch to NJPW and WWE an appearance at WM/Tokyo Dome and at least one of them will be willing to pay.

The problem for All-in is that with ROH/NJPW knowing that Omega/Bucks contract expire next year they willl put all big angles on their own show. Golden Lovers vs Bucks is starting in Long Beach, Cody vs Omega happens in New Orleans and expect Cody/Marty vs Bucks happen sooner than later.

Their second problem is that they want to prove that THEY can fill an arena, so you cannot now put somebody else in the main event. What you will get is either a Bullet Club Civil War Games match or a Kenny vs Cody grudge match.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:39 pm

Kirk D wrote:I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think Punk is interested. If he returns, he will pitch to NJPW and WWE an appearance at WM/Tokyo Dome and at least one of them will be willing to pay.

The problem for All-in is that with ROH/NJPW knowing that Omega/Bucks contract expire next year they willl put all big angles on their own show. Golden Lovers vs Bucks is starting in Long Beach, Cody vs Omega happens in New Orleans and expect Cody/Marty vs Bucks happen sooner than later.

Their second problem is that they want to prove that THEY can fill an arena, so you cannot now put somebody else in the main event. What you will get is either a Bullet Club Civil War Games match or a Kenny vs Cody grudge match.
Yeah I do wonder what Bullet Club-focused matches you could actually run. Maybe Cody/Kenny as a rematch could just work. But I just don't know if that's a 10k type of main event.

You could try to do an "Elite vs Elite" thing. Maybe Kenny/Ibushi/X vs Cody/Scurll/Hangman, X being a big outside of the box name.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:39 am

Observer:
The location for the Being the Elite All In Show is expected to be announced next week on the Being the Elite show. I was told it’s 85 percent they’ll have everything locked into place to be able to announce it. The expectation is Chicago and everyone says Chicago, but those involved haven’t confirmed it.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 am

If Punk has no plans to work this show then Cody and The Bucks need to make this clear right away. Otherwise there will be critics who think All In sold tickets due to people for whatever reason having this belief that Punk will be wrestling.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:01 pm

If it's in Chicago everyone can stay at my house.

(I have one extra room, it has some stuff in it and nobody can actually stay with me)

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Doesn't Chicago only have one 10,000 seater? If so what is it?

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Not sure if that's a "hello Mr. Thompson" line, but taking it at face value, city proper, it's now two with the United Center and newly built Wintrust Arena.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:54 pm

even ruling out a WWE exclusive on Allstate Arena, they could also just as easily run the Sears Center outside the city, and anything in the subrubs passes for Chicago.