All In: September 1

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: All In: September 1

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Observer:

Announcement around March 1
Chicago is assumed favorite, with the venues looking to be Allstate Arena or Sears Center
PW Tees being headquartered in Chicago is a factor
Other cities still in the running
Cow Palace is OUT to due to high cost for live streaming
Event planned to be streamed live

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 pm

I still say keep an eye out on Chicago's newly built Wintrust Arena. Capacity right at 10,000 for basketball, could be desperate for events thus making the rent affordable, and probably won't be locked down by WWE politics the way Allstate and maybe United are.

H.U.S.T.L.E.

Post by H.U.S.T.L.E. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:41 pm

I was wondering why Wintrust Arena hasn't been mentioned much, as I thought that would be a great venue if they can snag it. It's certainly more easily accessed by mass transit than either of the other venues.

Perhaps the WNBA franchise (Chicago Sky) already has a home game locked in that day.

The only other thing I can think of that might be scaring them away from using the building is the extra money they'd have to pay out for union workers. From my understanding, that's one of the reasons why WWE holds so many of their events in Rosemont, as running in the city proper brings a lot more headaches by having to utilize union-paying members for large events.

Someone else more familiar with the Chicago area might be able to offer more insight.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:54 pm

I think most people aren't even aware that the Wintrust Arena even exists, so when Chicago is mentioned, the mind goes to the more well known places. The union costs are absolutely a negative for it. Sears Centre would be tough for city folk without cars (even though it's an easy drive for me), but most fans will likely be traveling so that shouldn't matter too much. I actually didn't notice this until recently, but WWE once used the Sears Centre to test out their new house show sets some years back. Doubt it's enough for them to go "all other wrestling is now banned".

Seems like that WNBA schedule should have been announced by now?

I recall one of the three saying a venue has been picked, so Dave's report of other cities being in contention is odd.

WWE runs the United Center on March 3. If the announcement is around that time, seems like it would be a perfect opportunity to do another rally like the one they did before Raw last year.

H.U.S.T.L.E.

Post by H.U.S.T.L.E. » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:54 pm

I thought the same regarding the WNBA schedule, but apparently it has not been announced yet. There's nothing for 2018 dates on their official website as of today.

I think Wintrust Arena would actually be a really good venue for the show. I have no clue how much of a production they want to make All In (i.e. do they want a stage with ramp & jumbotron?), but if they want to use a more minimalist set up I think having entrances from two corners would work fine. Just have aisles for the wrestlers coming from the corners through whatever floor seats they set up and utilize the center-hung scoreboard for whatever videos they want to play.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:49 pm

I really hope they can pull this off, it would be a great thing for pro wrestling in this country.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Observer:
While still not announced, it seems a lock that the Being the Elite All In show over Labor Day weekend will be in Chicago.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:46 am

It IS Chicago.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Pretty easy to assume that since that kills the possible lucha lean-in, that this pretty much has to have Punk to get to 10k. What else could possibly get them there?

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Okada.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Okada.
Okada's wrestled enough in the US where you're unlikely to get out of town folks for him alone. Could certainly see him on the show if NJPW allows non-gaijin to appear.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:31 pm

This is where they do Bucks v Golden Lovers isn't it?

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:12 pm

The event is seven months away, seems odd they'd tease it this early
That also seems like a match NJPW would want as the co-main of a big show

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Ckkj14 wrote:This is where they do Bucks v Golden Lovers isn't it?
LMAO at ROH and NJPW killing off all of our big drawing possibilities.

Not many money matches left at this point

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:17 pm

I'm convinced Punk wrestles now