All In: September 1

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
armsofsleep

Re: All In: September 1

Post by armsofsleep » Tue May 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Danwaka wrote:I don't think you can blame the Elite for ROH being an unpalatable shitshow when they clearly are the most popular part of ROH and (seemingly) can do just as well or better without them.
I don't think you can blame BTE or anything, but they clearly haven't helped ROH at all creatively. The promotion as a whole is an all time low in terms of quality.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 pm

armsofsleep wrote:
Danwaka wrote:I don't think you can blame the Elite for ROH being an unpalatable shitshow when they clearly are the most popular part of ROH and (seemingly) can do just as well or better without them.
I don't think you can blame BTE or anything, but they clearly haven't helped ROH at all creatively. The promotion as a whole is an all time low in terms of quality.
What's happened in 2018 on par with masked Headbangers, Brutal Bob giving Adam Cole trouble, etc.?

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Tue May 15, 2018 2:57 pm

supersonic wrote:
armsofsleep wrote:
What's happened in 2018 on par with masked Headbangers, Brutal Bob giving Adam Cole trouble, etc.?
Bully Ray, the mess of booking that was Cody/Omega, The Kingdom, Silas Young/Kenny King, and the handling of WOH has been every bit as bad as the worst shit.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue May 15, 2018 3:35 pm

armsofsleep wrote:
That's been the case before they became an act on ROH, though. If Delirious created other stars for the company, he wouldn't be in a position where the Elite could dictate how their feuds went.

Everything across the board is mediocre in ROH, their biggest attendances come from Bullet Club and clearly Bullet Club is bigger than ROH as far as being cool, interesting and mainstream.

ROH could shut down tomorrow, NJPW could decide to just stick to 4 US shows a year and Bullet Club could still write their matches into every independent in North America.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Wed May 16, 2018 12:42 am

The Bully Ray-storyline has been good.

It should just be for Beer City Bruiser.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 am

Bruiser reminds me of CW Anderson a bit.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed May 16, 2018 7:59 pm

"ROH could shut down tomorrow"...same old dance.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:I'd be stunned if A.) the show is not streamed live for additional profit, and B.) they don't announce a second show
For the same weekend?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:I'd be stunned if A.) the show is not streamed live for additional profit, and B.) they don't announce a second show
For the same weekend?
No, to late for that and I'm not sure i'd do that anyway.

I meant a follow up.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 pm

In retrospect, the question shouldn't be "is ROH secretly helping fund All In?" but really "why didn't ROH more strongly attach themselves to this project and make it ROH All In?" The bet was for a ROH show after all. Any discussion about this show drifts towards resentments towards the current ROH product. They could've used the sort of Win that would come along with being a partner on this project.

Maybe they offered and Cody & the Bucks were firmly insistent on doing it on their own. But it's hard to believe they'd agree to put up money for the All in project and refuse a share of the potential glory of it being a success. Even if they agreed to it at one time, it'd be hard to keep quiet about their role when it's gone so well.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:32 pm

thecubsfan wrote:In retrospect, the question shouldn't be "is ROH secretly helping fund All In?" but really "why didn't ROH more strongly attach themselves to this project and make it ROH All In?" The bet was for a ROH show after all. Any discussion about this show drifts towards resentments towards the current ROH product. They could've used the sort of Win that would come along with being a partner on this project.

Maybe they offered and Cody & the Bucks were firmly insistent on doing it on their own. But it's hard to believe they'd agree to put up money for the All in project and refuse a share of the potential glory of it being a success. Even if they agreed to it at one time, it'd be hard to keep quiet about their role when it's gone so well.
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it was less ROH not pushing hard enough and more the Bucks and Cody being very clear they were doing this to prove a point about individual wrestlers. Now, to be fair, it's clearly a case of them getting significant help from multiple sources (including ROH), but branding wise, which is more appealing-a big supershow/weekend being put on by a popular cult act or the very same thing done by the not-so-hot ROH?

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed May 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Would buy an ALL IN stream.

/someone that is 100% not going to the live event

Gerard

Post by Gerard » Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 am

As far as an All In stream goes, I think this could be an opportunity for New Japan if they wanted to take it. Offer a nice sum to Cody and The Bucks to put it up on NJPW World. This of course would only be worth it to New Japan if they actually overhauled the site and made it more friendly to English speakers so that they could retain the maximum amount of subscribers. Not particularly confident this will happen, but it's certainly an idea that New Japan could use if they wanted to seriously increase their North American subscriber base.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:45 pm

FWIW, it should be noted that the venue ticket page originally called this "Ring of Honor: All In" for about a week in March.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat May 19, 2018 1:05 am

monster mafia wrote:"ROH could shut down tomorrow"...same old dance.
Who are you quoting?