All In: September 1

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
armsofsleep

Re: All In: September 1

Post by armsofsleep » Mon May 14, 2018 5:21 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Kirk D wrote:Wow. Most people believed they would end up short of 10.000. But they sold it out in 1 hour. This is one hell of a scoop by Cody and the Bucks.
And they outdrew NJPW by a considerable amount in one day. This reminds me of, on a very different scale and with a very different medium, of Phish playing their first outdoor festival. They had previously done well in arenas and summer venues, but the idea of getting so many people together in one place for one show seemed crazy. Then they turned around and drew 60,000+ people to a decomissioned airforce base in upstate NY.

BC/BTE clearly has achieved a high end cult following that hasn't truly been tapped until now. This may not even be the peak.
Yeah I wonder if our little bubble matters at all in the grand scheme of things. Wreddit just filled a 10k arena instantly.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon May 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Im wondering if the fact it sold out may help Cow Palace indirectly. If someone was planning a trip to Chicago but didnt get tickets maybe they might go to San Fran to see BC.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Mon May 14, 2018 6:17 pm

I wonder (though clearly not enough to check) if those All In hotel deals came with tickets, or if there's a bunch of people who rooms in the Chicago suburbs but no way to actually go to the event.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Now that the seats are sold, the question becomes: Will this be streamed, and if so how will it be streamed?

Officially, Cody said this before the tix went up, at the presser:

Currently, there no plans to stream All In but never say never. We've never done anything like this. We didn't even know we had to buy insurance. I try to uphold a pretty professional element but man this is the wild west, guys. I promise the show will be very polished," said Rhodes. "It depends on how tickets do well. If it becomes something that people felt left out. That's why the tickets are so damn cheap to begin with. The whole sentiment is that we want everyone to see it,"

But now, the tix are sold

I could see Twitch happily doing it, since The Elite put the presser there and do streams for video game stuff. YouTube is obviously a partner, with the main Being The Elite show.

Also, at some point . . . this could show up on Honor Club or NJPW World, I bet. The Elite work with both companies and said that both companies helped organize All In to varying degrees behind the scenes. The Elite will own all video content rights as the promoter, so i assume they could supply that content to their buddies as a favor, or charge a cheap rate for about 3 hours of content

lonemagician

Post by lonemagician » Mon May 14, 2018 9:59 pm

I can see them streaming live and having the BluRay/DVD up soon after on Highspots.

Wiretaup

All In: September 1

Post by Wiretaup » Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm

If ROH or NJPW stream it, then really what’s the point of all this? Being totally independent until it comes time to broadcast the thing sounds like a wet blanket. It’s just an ROH/New Japan show at that point, and it already looks like one even without them involved.

And since the demand is obviously pretty high for this, it seems like they’d lose their ass to get a streaming partner that could handle the traffic.

They could stream it free on YouTube or Twitch, I guess. But isn’t the goal here to prove how much of a draw wrestling can be without a WWE logo on it? Giving it away just doesn’t seem like the right move.
Last edited by Wiretaup on Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Mon May 14, 2018 11:38 pm

I dunno how they'd manage the economics of it, or if it'd even be free.

If you listen to Cody's interview with Rich (and others) on the Patreon, Cody's pretty up front about NJPW/ROH helping behind the scenes. ROH's marketing person pitched in, and NJPW helped with location stuff.

I don't see how letting NJPW/ROH put it on their video services AFTER the fact, like a few weeks or so, discredits what they're trying to do. If anything, it proves they put together a quality product thats in demand.

Is there a way to charge for a video stream on YT/Twitch? I don't make vidoes so i have no idea.

The only way it could be free would be if someone sponsored it and felt it was worth the money. I doubt prowrestlingstees could just bankroll the stream, that seems like alot of effort

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Tue May 15, 2018 12:22 am

Tim_dawg wrote:But... I am celebrating this as a win...

WWE will be pissed not because this show is a threat in a way WCW was, but because guys under contract have more options. Imagine what PAC or Rusev are thinking right now, are they thinking about post WWE life?

They sold this out in 29 minuites, meanwhile Smackdown has entire empty sections. That has to piss off and WWE, and possibly embarrass them too.
By most accounts Vince McMahon is totally oblivious to any non-WWE wrestling, so my guess would be that this isn't really on his radar.

Personally I'm more interested in what New Japan thinks about All In selling out so much more quickly than their Cow Palace show, or if Ring of Honor is worried now that they seemingly have absolutely no leverage in any upcoming contract negotiations with The Young Bucks or Cody (i.e. their only real draws).

I'm not normally all that interested in the business side of wrestling, but this show selling out immediately without the direct backing of any particular promotion and with no card announced (beyond Cody vs. whoever the NWA Champion is in September) is really fascinating, and pretty cool.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:08 am

[quote="Frank Olson"]

By most accounts Vince McMahon is totally oblivious to any non-WWE wrestling, so my guess would be that this isn't really on his radar.
/quote]
The person who probably isn't oblivious to this is HHH and seeing how WWE reacted to the Steen action figure and WOS revival, it'll be interesting to see how WWE reacts to this.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue May 15, 2018 3:11 am

Should WWE not sign the Bucks in several months, does All In become an annual tradition?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 am

I'd be stunned if A.) the show is not streamed live for additional profit, and B.) they don't announce a second show

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 am

Joe Lanza wrote:I'd be stunned if A.) the show is not streamed live for additional profit, and B.) they don't announce a second show
Sounds like you’d assume the Bucks stock around. In that scenario, do they convince the Revival to get released and headline All In 2 against them?

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Tue May 15, 2018 7:38 am

supersonic wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:I'd be stunned if A.) the show is not streamed live for additional profit, and B.) they don't announce a second show
Sounds like you’d assume the Bucks stock around. In that scenario, do they convince the Revival to get released and headline All In 2 against them?
The Bcuks can try to convince them all they want. WWE is not going to release anybody that can get involved with this or go to other top promotions. If anybody tries to quit before their contracts are up they'll find themselves in the same position Neville is in, unless they're willing to spend the time and money it would take to fight it.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 am

Tim_dawg wrote:But... I am celebrating this as a win...

WWE will be pissed not because this show is a threat in a way WCW was, but because guys under contract have more options. Imagine what PAC or Rusev are thinking right now, are they thinking about post WWE life?

They sold this out in 29 minuites, meanwhile Smackdown has entire empty sections. That has to piss off and WWE, and possibly embarrass them too.
Nobody is going to leave just cause of this show. This is so overblown. They have to prove they can not only draw these numbers more then once, but also with a more regular schedule in order to have an impact like this. Right now this is mainly featuring the same people I've been hearing say for over a year that they don't want to go to WWE and yet WWE continues to sign other wrestlers out there.

This is so not the same as Smackdown or whatever. We're talking a weekly touring brand having to draw people in the markets they run v. This special event where people are traveling from all over the world to attend. I also wonder why didn't Cody and the Bucks sell out the ROH show which happened on the same day tickets went on sale for All In and was a half hour away from where All In will take place.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 am

I don't think you can blame the Elite for ROH being an unpalatable shitshow when they clearly are the most popular part of ROH and (seemingly) can do just as well or better without them.