All In: September 1

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
armsofsleep

Re: All In: September 1

Post by armsofsleep » Fri May 11, 2018 12:28 pm

mlev76 wrote:Perhaps I'm alone in this belief, but I don't see this as being about the stars and I feel like if you're waiting on a big name, you might be disappoiunted.

Much like WWE sells the spectacle and brand, this show is selling DIY being capable of anything. I'm sure the goal is to make it a great show, but it's really more about proving that you can book this type of event by depending on yourself and your friends.
I get that it's SUPPOSED to be "Being the Elite Souled Out" or whatever but setting the event in Chicago definitely raised eyebrows. I mean, every single tweet from the All In account is filled with BTE superfans posting Punk gifs because they basically assume that its going to happen.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:16 pm

TGD287 wrote:Actually, they should be holding back on the big names at this point to see how the tickets are moving, and to strategically drop them throughout the summer. Although I imagine there'll be some huge ones coming up with the PWT announcement tomorrow and the press conference on Sunday. I feel like it's gotta be Punk for PWT, with the in ring appearance coming post UFC.
Sure enough, Punk meet and geet on the Friday.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat May 12, 2018 4:41 am

A major name was given to us two days ago, but we've decided to not run with it because it came with a weird qualifier. We trust the source, but at the end of the day we've decided to not stick our necks out on it. If someone else reports it first, we'll come out with what we were told.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Sat May 12, 2018 6:04 am

Can u give the info on a Patreon pod?

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat May 12, 2018 12:53 pm

I assume Hogan. What other person that could be called major that isn't tied to WWE? Foley or Flair have done the US indie circuit for years.

Edit I guess there's Jericho and Jericho is double guess it as he doesn't want to work "opposition" to WWE.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 pm

CM punk, but dependent on some UFC contract shit?

Or Keith lee?

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun May 13, 2018 9:04 pm

I’m in Section F. Can’t wait!
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Goat

Post by Goat » Sun May 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Didn't get a ticket. Probably for the best. If I like the card I'll be able to get something on stubhub or wherever easily, and if I don't then I don't have to worry about it.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Much like the introduction of the WWE Network changed the business, I feel like this show selling out the same day will have a similar effect. Not necessarily in a positive way since I don't know if anyone else can match this, but I have to think this is going to be a big statement to all involved i wrestling including WWE.

I didn't even think it would happen. And they outsold New Japan. Good for them.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon May 14, 2018 12:34 am

So between both New Japan shows, Supercard of Honor, and All In there have been four shows in the US not associated with WWE this year to have 5000+ tickets sold(I think it's a safe bet that the Cow Palace show gets there), and potentially 2 over 10,000(I don't think the Cow Palace reaches that, but who knows).

This is a huge step in showing that you don't need WWE to make money if you are talented, creative, ballsy, and have the work ethic. WWE has to be pissed, haha.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon May 14, 2018 12:39 am

4,000+ my mistake. Still very impressive.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:47 am

Tim_dawg wrote: This is a huge step in showing that you don't need WWE to make money if you are talented, creative, ballsy, and have the work ethic. WWE has to be pissed, haha.
This mindset perplexes me. First, while I'm sure WWE won't ignore this (and I wouldn't be shocked if some talent gets pulled), in the end, it's one show. It was very well marketed and focussed on a perfect weekend for such an event. Now, they start running multiple shows and undercut WWE? Then they might be pissed.

More importantly, why not celebrate this as a win for the DIY/Independent mindset? This opens the door for more larger scale events like this. Good says I.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon May 14, 2018 1:40 am

But... I am celebrating this as a win...

WWE will be pissed not because this show is a threat in a way WCW was, but because guys under contract have more options. Imagine what PAC or Rusev are thinking right now, are they thinking about post WWE life?

They sold this out in 29 minuites, meanwhile Smackdown has entire empty sections. That has to piss off and WWE, and possibly embarrass them too.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Mon May 14, 2018 7:34 am

Wow. Most people believed they would end up short of 10.000. But they sold it out in 1 hour. This is one hell of a scoop by Cody and the Bucks.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Kirk D wrote:Wow. Most people believed they would end up short of 10.000. But they sold it out in 1 hour. This is one hell of a scoop by Cody and the Bucks.
And they outdrew NJPW by a considerable amount in one day. This reminds me of, on a very different scale and with a very different medium, of Phish playing their first outdoor festival. They had previously done well in arenas and summer venues, but the idea of getting so many people together in one place for one show seemed crazy. Then they turned around and drew 60,000+ people to a decomissioned airforce base in upstate NY.

BC/BTE clearly has achieved a high end cult following that hasn't truly been tapped until now. This may not even be the peak.